QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Ddt   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 43
Joined: Apr 03 2017 5:22pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Ddt » Oct 26 2017 6:35pm

madin88 wrote:
Ddt wrote:Hello

One big UP for start for better quality 35h 1000w hub motor!
The QUALITY of QS motors is quite good ;)
What they should improve is the weight and peak ETA. Since many years nothing happened here.
I believe one of the reasons is that many buyers want to buy cheap and have "tight is right" mentality instead of paying a bit more for an optimized product.
But on the other hand a reduce of the mass would be good for the handling/suspension.

More and more going to mid-drive setup because of that.
Hello madin88

The BIG UP are for start a V2/V3 35h motor because talking with vito he need see how many our interest are,for start the alloy stator mold.
For me best setup are bend V3 magnet,steel stator with statorate and hubsink.
However
BIG UP

User avatar
icherouveim   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Aug 20 2015 5:17am
Location: Cyprus

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by icherouveim » Oct 27 2017 12:54am

Ddt wrote:
madin88 wrote:
Ddt wrote:Hello

One big UP for start for better quality 35h 1000w hub motor!
The QUALITY of QS motors is quite good ;)
What they should improve is the weight and peak ETA. Since many years nothing happened here.
I believe one of the reasons is that many buyers want to buy cheap and have "tight is right" mentality instead of paying a bit more for an optimized product.
But on the other hand a reduce of the mass would be good for the handling/suspension.

More and more going to mid-drive setup because of that.
Hello madin88

The BIG UP are for start a V2/V3 35h motor because talking with vito he need see how many our interest are,for start the alloy stator mold.
For me best setup are bend V3 magnet,steel stator with statorate and hubsink.
However
BIG UP
Yes this is what I'm saying!!
We need a V3 35H from QS motors and it will be a hot seller product for low power builds.
Why does it take too long for them to answer ?

Speedtospare   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 10
Joined: Apr 29 2010 10:11pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Speedtospare » Nov 10 2017 8:08pm

I messaged you on your website. how do I order QS Motor 3000W 205 50H V3 that are on sale? do you offer one laced with rim?

Thanks

Ryan

User avatar
Cricket_Swe   100 W

100 W
Posts: 155
Joined: May 22 2016 4:01am
Location: Sweden

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Cricket_Swe » Nov 18 2017 7:34am

Hello people! I've been trying in vain to try and find some sort of wiring diagram for the QS 205 motor to connect to the max-e. Could someone help point me in the right direction? And if there is no such thing, could someone help identify what these wires are for so I can figure it out?


First set of wires:

Image


Second set of wires:

Image

Any help is appreciated!!

User avatar
John Bozi   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1861
Joined: Apr 09 2013 1:46am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by John Bozi » Nov 18 2017 3:08pm

your halls
halls.jpg


the see through one is the thermo

notice set one pattern on the left equals the ones on the right.

For example purple is green

User avatar
Luk   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 16 2014 1:01am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Luk » Nov 18 2017 5:19pm

Hello

You need to connect only one set to the max-E plug .

You can use 1to 6 set or 7to12 set .

Most of the time we use 7to 12 set color :
red = +
black = -
blue, green and red are hall sensor
Number 9 is the thermo sensor .

For the 1 to 6 set :
orange = +
brown = -
number 6 is the thermo sensor .
Other 3 colors are hall sensor .
Luk-ebike.fr

User avatar
Cricket_Swe   100 W

100 W
Posts: 155
Joined: May 22 2016 4:01am
Location: Sweden

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Cricket_Swe » Nov 19 2017 3:58am

Thanks! That helps a lot, much appreciated!

User avatar
Luk   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 16 2014 1:01am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Luk » Nov 22 2017 3:22pm

Yes, hall colors are : blue, green and YELLOW !
( not red )
;-)
Luk-ebike.fr

FlyingFinn   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: Jan 03 2018 7:48pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by FlyingFinn » Jan 05 2018 1:12am

Is there available 8000W motors for 155mm dropouts? Or should I opt for Cromotor?

johnnyz   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 347
Joined: May 10 2012 10:15am
Location: london,ontario

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by johnnyz » Jan 11 2018 10:18am

Hi there

We are an ebike store in London and sell the EMMO ZONE which has a qsmotor hub motor . I have inquired at qsmotors about their 16inch 6000W In-Wheel Hub Motor(45H) V3 for Electric Motorcycle. We have some customers who are interested in this motor, but no one has got back to us. We need a quote for shipping to our buisness in London Ontario, 239 Wellington Street.

Thank you

Scottydog   100 W

100 W
Posts: 156
Joined: Oct 26 2013 10:45am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by Scottydog » Jan 17 2018 11:13am

Here is a question I am asking to see if some of the regulars might be able to confirm.

I've built a scooter using the 273 range of motor using a 13" rear hub motor and using a KEB72081 controller.

One of the issues with the KEB controller and I believe the KLS7275D controllers is they limit the current on initial take off, then progressively allow more current as rpm/vehicle speed increases.

In the 72V motor option, QS offer approximate kV options in 9kV, 13kV, 15kV, 17kV and 19kV.

In one of the custom scooter builds a fellow used a KEB72121E controller with a 19kV motor, though the scooter had amazing performance over 35kph/20mph he mentioned the takeoff from a standstill was terrible and even getting over a sidewalk was difficult.

In my case with the KEB72081 and an unknown kV 5000W motor, but most likely very low (maybe 13kV) as it tops out at near 80kph for 72V, this scooter accelerates very rapidly from about 5mph up to top speed.

So the question is would I be right in thinking, unless you have a controller that can put out a lot of phase amps at low initial rpms, which higher speed motors with less but thick windings can take advantage of, acceleration will be compromised as compared to using a much lower speed motor which quickly rolls into a speed where the controller ramps up it's current limits?

For my build acceleration is more desirable than top speed, but I also want to be sure that I don't risk frying the lower kV motor with too much peak current, something I gather the higher kV motors with their thicker windings will better handle?

Thoughts?

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 408
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by minde28383 » Jan 17 2018 12:45pm

I agree with what you say and here is my thoughts.
One of the issues with the KEB controller and I believe the KLS7275D controllers is they limit the current on initial take off
It might be, I heard more people saying that Kelly has more limited starting torque/current compared with Sabvoton. Specifically, I'm comparing Sabvoton 72150 and Kelly 7230S. Your controller is different but there is some relevance.

I've attached Sabvoton 72150 12'' to scooter. It it pulls ok from a standstill (scooter 105kg, hubmonster hub, 12inch rims, 72V battery ,reached 85km/h, max may be 100km/h, it must be fast winding hub).

regarding
9kV, 13kV, 15kV, 17kV and 19kV.
I assume less kv has better acceleration from stand still and better for slow speeds.
More kv has better dynamic after scooters reaches some speed and is more dynamic and efficient going fast.
More kv motor has less resistance, and more current it is capable to accept.

High kv & small rim & a lot amps & high voltage is holy grail for the hub. Nevertheless hubs will be always in bad gear whatever you opt unless you plan is to sping it a certain RPM, other than that you diviate from it's holy-grail-iness . So it's compromises everywhere.

It's hard to imagine how such big controller like KEB72121E can be terrible at startups. Maybe some other components like battery or motor is a limit itself. But again, I did not try KEB72121E controller my self. I can tell only about Sabvoton, it has good starting torque, for sure bigger start phase amps. Kellys is limiting current more depending RPMs compared with some other controllers. And it's good if you aim for components longevity.

With a lot phase current you can make any motor roll in fast; more kv motor, more heat it will make at startups, but more kv motor will be more dynamic and powerfull going fast, and overall it will accept more current and it will generate more heat.

You can track motor temp. Regarding max amps it's hard to tell when you will get in trouble. Unless you know motor specs and its limits beforehand; otherwise you push it to limits and see what hapends. Best indicator is raising temperature with properly installed KTY sensor.

If you buy qs motor you know it's limits. Manufature has recommendations. You don't go much beyond recommendations and you are good.

All few scooters I've tried they pull well from stand still. And I assume it is because of small 12'' / 13'' wheels.

johnnyz   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 347
Joined: May 10 2012 10:15am
Location: london,ontario

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by johnnyz » Feb 14 2018 10:17pm

I paid for a qs motor and controller on jan 20th and still have not received my order. I have attempted to contact Damon but he has not returned my emails. I am hoping that this is an unfortunate error and that I dont have to come back here and report something more unfortunate.

John

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 408
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by minde28383 » Feb 14 2018 10:20pm

maybe it is related to:
Chinese New Year 2018 started at Friday, February 16th.

Talking into account that they manufacture motor for few weeks. Maybe they did not ship it before their New Year or do you have tracking which you should have.

CN do not work during holidays, not like EU.
Attachments
ny.JPG
ny.JPG (45.63 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

johnnyz   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 347
Joined: May 10 2012 10:15am
Location: london,ontario

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by johnnyz » Feb 15 2018 7:35am

minde28383 wrote:
Feb 14 2018 10:20pm
maybe it is related to:
Chinese New Year 2018 started at Friday, February 16th.

Talking into account that they manufacture motor for few weeks. Maybe they did not ship it before their New Year or do you have tracking which you should have.

CN do not work during holidays, not like EU.

Yeah its funny but I received an email shortly after posting this..its on its way with tracking no.. guess they were busy with their holiday.

John

User avatar
macribs   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3481
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by macribs » Feb 15 2018 7:37am

johnnyz wrote:
Feb 14 2018 10:17pm
I paid for a qs motor and controller on jan 20th and still have not received my order. I have attempted to contact Damon but he has not returned my emails. I am hoping that this is an unfortunate error and that I dont have to come back here and report something more unfortunate.

John
I wouldn't worry about it. QS has sold many motors to ES members and I have yet to hear things have gone wrong or shipments went missing. As said above this post, there is the celebration of Chinese new year too.

Give it time and I am sure it will all work out for you. If you got a tracking number but choose to pay for shipment by sea and went for the cheapest freight option it could be the shipping company still has not filled the container going from china so they are holding it back at the dock to make sure they fill up the container space before loading container on a ship. Those kind of shipping deals can take 6-12 weeks to go thru. And you don't get tracking number before container leave shore, and the next update not before container hits dry land again.

User avatar
ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1779
Joined: Jul 21 2013 9:48pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by ridethelightning » Feb 20 2018 11:22pm

hi does anyone have any experience sourcing spares for sabvoton?
im hoping to fix a 72200 that just got bbqd.
i bought it from qs motor, but praps there is someone else who is best for support/repairs etc?

cheers
RTL

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1097
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by DasDouble » Mar 23 2018 9:26am

Hello,

I am a long time customer and I have ordered a QS 1000Watt 135mm hub motor from you some time ago. The problem I have right now is, that the distance for the cable between brake rotor and dropout is too small. It seems like the brake rotor cuts it always a bit. I have a custom alloy frame, so I don´t think I can bend it much for spacers or something like that. What should I do now? Will you pay for it, in case the motorcable gets damaged by the brake rotor or what should I do?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Best regards,
Elias
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 408
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by minde28383 » Mar 23 2018 11:56am

ridethelightning wrote:
Feb 20 2018 11:22pm
hi does anyone have any experience sourcing spares for sabvoton?
im hoping to fix a 72200 that just got bbqd.
i bought it from qs motor, but praps there is someone else who is best for support/repairs etc?

cheers
RTL
don't know what's bbqd, but i suspect that it broke. It's just a controller as any other controller. Anybody who is doing such work can repair it with certain knowledge. What part you expect is needed to be replaced? All parts are regular parts except programmed chips and even these can be replaced if acquired. Never heard that it's possible to source parts specifically for Sabvoton. I'm interested too who can sell parts specifically to Sabvoton in case my Sabvoton would burn. Fets, caps, resistors are replaceable, paths can be restored too.

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 408
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by minde28383 » Mar 23 2018 11:59am

DasDouble wrote:
Mar 23 2018 9:26am
Hello,

I am a long time customer and I have ordered a QS 1000Watt 135mm hub motor from you some time ago. The problem I have right now is, that the distance for the cable between brake rotor and dropout is too small. It seems like the brake rotor cuts it always a bit. I have a custom alloy frame, so I don´t think I can bend it much for spacers or something like that. What should I do now? Will you pay for it, in case the motorcable gets damaged by the brake rotor or what should I do?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Best regards,
Elias
How they can pay if bike gets damaged... I guess you are stuck with what you acquire unless item is not up to drawing or is faulty.
CN 5.5kw scooter resurrection in progress
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (gone)
Scooter:Mach 1600w, (sold)
Bicycle: Giant NRS, 2806, ping 48V 15Ah, stock Infineon, (sold)
Bicycle: Trek 4300, 9C, ping 48V 15Ah, Infineon 25A, ~18Wh/km, max speed 45 km, (sold) [/size]

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1097
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by DasDouble » Mar 23 2018 1:01pm

minde28383 wrote:
Mar 23 2018 11:59am
How they can pay if bike gets damaged... I guess you are stuck with what you acquire unless item is not up to drawing or is faulty.
Alright, but what happens if I plug and play the motor and by that the cable gets damaged. Who will pay for that? I mean it´s built like that. :pancake:
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
parabellum   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2057
Joined: Nov 19 2010 9:55am
Location: Dominican Republic, north.

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by parabellum » Mar 23 2018 1:32pm

DasDouble wrote:
Mar 23 2018 9:26am
The problem I have right now is, that the distance for the cable between brake rotor and dropout is too small.
Can you make a picture?
On their (this) page the cable is on chain side BTW.
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_399.html

User avatar
ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1779
Joined: Jul 21 2013 9:48pm

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by ridethelightning » Mar 24 2018 5:51am

minde28383 wrote:
Mar 23 2018 11:56am
ridethelightning wrote:
Feb 20 2018 11:22pm
hi does anyone have any experience sourcing spares for sabvoton?
im hoping to fix a 72200 that just got bbqd.
i bought it from qs motor, but praps there is someone else who is best for support/repairs etc?

cheers
RTL
don't know what's bbqd, but i suspect that it broke. It's just a controller as any other controller. Anybody who is doing such work can repair it with certain knowledge. What part you expect is needed to be replaced? All parts are regular parts except programmed chips and even these can be replaced if acquired. Never heard that it's possible to source parts specifically for Sabvoton. I'm interested too who can sell parts specifically to Sabvoton in case my Sabvoton would burn. Fets, caps, resistors are replaceable, paths can be restored too.
so i found that one phase was burned. the guy had somehow unplugged partly the phase connectors and gave it full throttle.
i have trouble posting pics, resizing etc...sorry.

so i found a source of the techcode fets the sabvotons use, i asked them for a sample but they replied by asking me if i had an express post account(usual trick they use to weed out small players :evil: )
when i said i diddnt have one i never heard back from them :roll:
they said the price was 0.70us/pc

looks lik the rest of the dammage apart from the fets was quite fixable, a few blown smd resistors, burned coppper foil.
i have since sent the board back to qs for repairs, but they said it was unlikely to be repairable by them(too much work)but it still hasn't been seen by them yet.

ltu   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Oct 24 2017 9:58am

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by ltu » Mar 24 2018 11:38am

hello vito

im interest buy a 35h motor lanced on 26inch wheel with a freewheel

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1097
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: QS MOTOR,0.5-14kW Electric Hub Motor Manufacture China

Post by DasDouble » Mar 24 2018 2:17pm

Does anyone else have that problem where the space between discbrake and dropout is too small so the cable gets damaged?! Im seriously frustrated right now. The motor would work without the brake rotor, but with the brake it gets cut. What should I do?! I also can´t bend the frame as it is an alloy frame which you can´t bend.
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Post Reply