NEW Ultra HD Freewheel Testers Needed

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Pablo   1 W

1 W

NEW Ultra HD Freewheel Testers Needed

Post by Pablo » Mar 13 2015 9:26pm

Finally after many years (seriously) of work we have a product that is ready to test. We only have a limited number, so we want real e-bike testers, not just people who want something free. Thanks!

Please PM me if interested.

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Re: NEW Ultra HD Freewheel Testers Needed

Post by macribs » Mar 13 2015 11:10pm

*Subscribed*

Well I can't test as I don't have completed my build. But will for sure keep track of this thread.
Is this a freewheel that can withstand hi powered motors over time?

It seems many people using powerful RC motors are having problems with longevity of their freewheels.
Do you think this freewheel will be a solution to problems regarding mid drives and freewheel?

This designed from the ground up to work well with e-bikes?

(btw why name ultra HD freewheel - like heavy duty yes?)
Last edited by macribs on Mar 14 2015 7:02am, edited 1 time in total.

John Bozi   1 MW

1 MW

Post by John Bozi » Mar 14 2015 2:30am

subscribed.
What's the difference to the hd?
Pablo, I can always do a comparsion to the HD freewheel I got from you and 48t sprocket. :wink:
I'm just sorting out some kind of moto tensioner for the chain growth and should be up and running soon.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Mar 14 2015 10:14am

You want to test give one to farfle or Luke. They brake things.
Beautiful.

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Mar 14 2015 12:17pm

Double bearings in the Ultra HD vs. the HD. Yes designed for electric, to withstand much more side loading vs. the HD which is mainly all about pawl strength for starting a higher compression 2-stroke engine.

HD FW: http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/pr ... ucts_id=62

We have a couple slots left so send me PM/have those guys PM me.

Thanks so far! We have a couple excellent testers already.

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Mar 14 2015 2:55pm

I am happy to see some hard core product made and designed for the e-bikers, rather as to just pick regular bicycle parts and hope for the best.

Proper way to go about!

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Mar 14 2015 5:43pm

We have enough testers lined up for now. Will post up if we need more. Thanks for the outstanding response!

gensem   100 kW

100 kW

Post by gensem » Mar 17 2015 12:15pm

Nice! Especially made for eletric power...
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Mar 25 2015 8:55pm

I was one of the lucky few who received one to test. From my initial impressions, this new freewheel is a major improvement over what's available. I put it next to my HD white industries freewheel. It it substantially bigger, there is no side play that I can detect from handling it. With the white freewheel it has a small amount of play that is hardly noticeable.

Side by side photos shows the new freewheel to be much taller.

The test bike will be my Polamar GT
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... f=3&t=6348
I've updated the drive train to handle higher loads and voltages. The cyclone motor has been very reliable, but has trashed 2 freewheels since I've had it.

I had planned to take pictures of the inner workings of this new freewheel before it gets installed, maybe the white industry as well if there isn't any post on its internals.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (92.4 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (89.37 KiB) Viewed 6291 times

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Mar 25 2015 9:39pm

What is the Bolt-Center-Diameter (BCD) of the ultra-HD freewheel? Same as ENO/Bike-Motive?

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Mar 25 2015 9:57pm

spinningmagnets wrote:What is the Bolt-Center-Diameter (BCD) of the ultra-HD freewheel? Same as ENO/Bike-Motive?
Yes, they are interchangeable.

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Mar 27 2015 8:45am

Indeed BCD the same.

All the tester slots are full. The sooner we get done, the sooner production mode will start! :mrgreen:

That said we may and try to get some more done for beta+ testing, but sell at a reduced price to recoup some of the investment costs. With a stern warning that real street price will be something above that. :oops: :shock: :D I will post that up if it looks positive!

You guys are a great and civil bunch. Mucho thanks!!

Föppel   100 W

100 W

Post by Föppel » Mar 30 2015 7:34pm

Oh no, im too late. But im really interessted in getting one as soon as possible, Pablo, im Stephen from Switzerland, ordered 3 of your HD-ENOs last week for the 3000W Middirfe-Bike users of our community... They eat the ACS-Crossfires for braekfast (you can read about in my photo and video-Topic...)

Its nice to know; if the HD-ENOs fail, there will be something even better ;-)

please contact me when they are avaiable :-)
Cheers
Riding dirty since 1684
Fotos and Videos here : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=68182
Small-block Kits on 3000W+ here : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=78861

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Apr 03 2015 11:02am

I machined out a spanner out of leftover scrap aluminum and turned down some hex screws for the tips only to learn later that my freewheel socket does not work with this new freewheel. I could machine a new adapter, but decided to move on with the build. Weather has been wet, but soon ridable. I will let Pablo or other members take one of these apart to show.

More pics in my build thread.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... f=3&t=6348

PaulD   100 W

100 W

Post by PaulD » Apr 03 2015 3:54pm

kfong wrote: Side by side photos shows the new freewheel to be much taller.
What is the height of the new one? Right now clearance between my freewheel and BB cup is quite close, so it might not fit a lot of bikes.

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Apr 04 2015 12:49am

Paul the new freewheel is .18" deeper, but in a direction that shouldn't matter. It fits in my current build without effecting what the previous freewheel location was at, provided if the opening is bigger than your bottom bracket.

Hopefully these photos will explain it better.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.76 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (133.47 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
image.jpg
Fits easily over the spindle shaft.
image.jpg (122.33 KiB) Viewed 6057 times

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » May 08 2015 12:00am

All you testers - please weigh in. Please send me a PM, or email me pablo <@> sickbikeparts.com (with out the <>)

Mainly I just need to know about fit issues. Thanks!!

robocam   10 kW

10 kW

Post by robocam » Jun 13 2015 4:35pm

I need a new crankset for my 2015 GNG Electric kit because the clutch in the crankset failed in 3 days under very light use, and they want to charge me for a new clutch.

Do these thread onto one of the cranks? I recall reading about one user's experience where he stripped the threads while pedaling, so I was wondering if this is a common or rare problem.

When will the HD Ultras be available, and how much will they cost? And what associated components should I purchase to use with this clutch? I only see this kit on eBay. Is this what I should get?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-chainwheel ... 2c803c7e7b

Pablo wrote:Finally after many years (seriously) of work we have a product that is ready to test. We only have a limited number, so we want real e-bike testers, not just people who want something free. Thanks!

Please PM me if interested.

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Jun 13 2015 5:36pm

robocam wrote:I need a new crankset for my 2015 GNG Electric kit because the clutch in the crankset failed in 3 days under very light use, and they want to charge me for a new clutch.

Do these thread onto one of the cranks? I recall reading about one user's experience where he stripped the threads while pedaling, so I was wondering if this is a common or rare problem.

When will the HD Ultras be available, and how much will they cost? And what associated components should I purchase to use with this clutch? I only see this kit on eBay. Is this what I should get?
Yes our front freewheels are designed to thread on the right threaded crank. We have been selling such a design for 8 years now and around a couple times a year someone miss-threads a FW and ruins a crank, but we sell thousands of cranks (for 2 stroke and 4 stroke gassers, and electrics - all in kits and ala carte ) and threads are very fine pitch and people don't start them right. That said, of all those.....I cannot remember one that failed in use from pedaling or worse pedal starting a 2 stroke (huge force). Rare problem.

We are hoping in two months. We have received ZERO negative feedback from the evaluations. They will be around $100 which is very reasonable. You will need cranks, chainrings, spiders, hardware, etc. Please look at sickbikeparts.com. Thanks.

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Jul 31 2015 7:00pm

I've been quite happy with the new freewheel. No sign of problems, I'm running the lowest gear usually to get the most torque. Acceleration on 48 volts is good, with a max speed of 36mph. It's been a fun bike to get to speed quickly. Previous freewheels would be showing signs of wear.

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Jul 31 2015 11:36pm

All reviews and testers are positive. The production phase is just SLOW. Soon!!!!

jk1   1 kW

1 kW

Post by jk1 » Aug 06 2015 11:18pm

Any reviews on this yet ? is this for sale anywhere yet ?

Also where do people buy the original ACS crossfire 5 bolt freewheels from ?

Pablo   1 W

1 W

Post by Pablo » Aug 07 2015 7:07am

jk1 wrote:Any reviews on this yet ? is this for sale anywhere yet ?

Also where do people buy the original ACS crossfire 5 bolt freewheels from ?
Independent review, elsewhere? Yes see above, no other reviews elsewhere that I know of. When available - which is still in the future - it will be at Sickbikeparts.com

We will be carrying the Standard freewheel on our site again. Hopefully before the Interbike show. Thanks.

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Aug 28 2015 6:28pm

Update, my cyclone free wheel on the motor has gone bad with all the riding, but Pablo's freewheel is still holding up. Need to find another cyclone freewheel to abuse.

the e wind   10 W

10 W

Post by the e wind » Oct 12 2015 5:03pm

Pablo,

a question about what would happen if you took two standard HD freewheels and mounted them, via SPB's freewheel adapters and elongated bottom bracket, on either side of a triple or quad front chainring (24, 36, 48, 48) in hopes of increased durability?

I have been wanting to build a mid drive with two freewheels in the front crank instead of one to increase reliability based on the nature of bearing sets. Everywhere else on a bike that uses sets of bearings (front fork, BB & rims) and even the freewheel in the rear all have 2 sets of bearings to account for sideways pressure. I then noticed slightly too late that you sent out some pre-production double-freewheel bearings out for testing. Before I saw this post I was hoping to go ahead and rebuild my mid-drive test bike's BB with the above mentioned sick bike parts, but if you were to find an extra super-heavy-duty freewheel laying around I would be glad to spend my university's grand funding on it.

Either way I am interested to know how your new double freewheel performs, being that prior to seeing this post I was considering having something similar machined by a professor of mine. It wouldn't have been easy, or maybe even possible.

Thanks for sitting through my first post on E.F.!
E-Bikes are like E-mail.
Current Ride - Solar Cargo Bike (almost done!) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=95452