Qulbix Q76R Frame Kits & Complete Bikes PRE-ORDER

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
pjwalmsley   1 mW

1 mW

Re: Qulbix Q76R Frame Kits & Complete Bikes PRE-ORDER

Post by pjwalmsley » Aug 16 2019 11:25am

Considering building up this bike.

Has anyone had issues with chain slap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_64s2XZEXg

What is the most power one could safely run though this bike/swing arm? I saw a busted dropout where the wheel is bolted on a bike running at 12kw but i'm wondering if that's an exception and/or something that should be remedied with extra torque arms.

How do people like the overdrive? I want to pedal along and while a gates + schlumpf hsd looks great the cost is way higher ($250 vs $850) and it doesn't seem like it would work on this bike?

Where do people lock up the bike? I was going to use tamper proof bolts, card security, and a u lock through the seat post?

@hgclobo How are the lipos treating you? How is the voltage sag? Do they perform okay? They are sooo cheap!

Any thoughts on this frame versus the Vector Typhoon. I know its steel + al using box construction vs soft steel gusseted tube (stronger/safer?). ~7kg vs ~11kg (lots of conflicting info here). Slightly larger usable frame cross section on the Typhoon. The position of the peals in relation to the pivot point is different. The width is 76mm vs 120mm (eww but could alow better controller mounting). Bottom bracket is different. Does one feel more rugged (typhoon?), pedal nicer (qulbix?), etc?

I've kinda ruled out the EEB ($350) and NYX ($1500) due to price. The delivered frame prices on these two frames are pretty comparable right now.

cmacclel   100 µW

100 µW

Post by cmacclel » Aug 16 2019 12:11pm

I had chain slap then added some rubber strips where it was hitting the swing arm. I doubt the drop out broke because of the power. It's pretty beefy.

pjwalmsley   1 mW

1 mW

Post by pjwalmsley » Aug 16 2019 9:29pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Where the bolts were got bent open. He said it was the first ride so I’m guessing it was poor installation (forgot the bolts or something). I just figured I should double check that 10-20kw was reasonable because that is a lot of torque concentrated at one point on a bike frame and they did remove a lot of material down there. :)

Offroader   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Offroader » Aug 16 2019 11:15pm

The only way I was able to deal with chain slap and got rid of it was using the Shimano zee rear derailleur. This has a clutch system and works great. It eliminated almost all slap and the chain was completely silent. If you don't use a clutch system it will slap around.

The other issue is using a 10.5" shock, that will give you so much rear travel that the rear derailleur has a hard time keeping it all tensioned. Probably better off using a 10.0" shock on this bike. They changed the specs on this bike so it is really designed for a 10.0" rear shock now and not a 10.5". A 10.5" will work but it is so much rear travel that the derailleur has difficulty keeping it tensioned when the suspension is fully compressed, but I got my Shimano zee to just work with the 10.5, but I had no more adjustment.

I'm not sure what else is out there but a clutch derailleur works.

I've never heard anyone damaging their drop outs. You need to make sure you use the bolt to keep it secure.