15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Sinewave/Silent Program. Controller 100V/10kW - $199 Shi

Post by 999zip999 » Feb 16 2016 1:52pm

Hi - low brake plugs ? The low brake plug is a direct plug for my e-brake is this right ? What's a high brake plug do or for. Haven't tried regen yet, but do have two fat bolt down torque arms.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 16 2016 2:21pm

Hi Zip. Yes, "low regen" is your regular e-brake power cutoff connection plus regen if you enabled it in the software. I remember, for you, I've also hard wired regen enable/disable plug, so you can enable regen when you decide so, and you don't have to do programming for that. "High regen" wire when shorted to ground (black wire) gives you the same ebrake power cutoff plus stronger regen compared to "low". This is again to enable stronger regen without programming. However, the software allows to very precisely tune your regen strength the way you like it.

One scenario where I think this will work great is to wire low regen to the left lever and high one to the right one. Now you will have two levels of regens. If you are riding on the flat ground you would tap on the left lever for low regen to slow down. If are you going downhill, stronger regen on the right lever would be handy.
999zip999 wrote:Hi - low brake plugs ? The low brake plug is a direct plug for my e-brake is this right ? What's a high brake plug do or for. Haven't tried regen yet, but do have two fat bolt down torque arms.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Feb 16 2016 2:45pm

I only use the cut off on the right lever as having both levers is to hard to operate easily. I will just try the low brake maybe put high brake on the horn botton ?
Nice to see those sells combos. Thanks.
Plus never have a cruise control or pas. Never ever.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 17 2016 5:52pm

By design (and for safety), power cutoff needs to be engaged every time you press either brake lever. You normally don't want to brake with disc brakes and have a possibility that the motor kicks in. Unless you do some kind of a stunt, a burnout, or something like that. :wink:
999zip999 wrote:I only use the cut off on the right lever as having both levers is to hard to operate easily. I will just try the low brake maybe put high brake on the horn botton ?
Nice to see those sells combos. Thanks.
Plus never have a cruise control or pas. Never ever.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Feb 18 2016 10:22pm

Yes Boss you are right as I found out. DANGER ! Use both ebrakes and connect.
Get use to it. As I ( ME ) was at a stop light and tried to start forward my right thumb got rapped ( half twist throttle ) was twisted under extreme load 6,200watts stood my bike on its tail. Dancing. Yes on one wheel. I just let her do her thing. Cut my calf minor.
So O.K. both ebrakes.
Plus hooked up regen and much much improved stopping power + regen, two torque arms. Big plus.
Silent and torquikie. Lucky to have three speed switch, kill switch, and ebrake cutoff.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 19 2016 7:12pm

Yep, safety first. If you don't need regen on both levers, just wire the other lever (where you don't need regen) to the Cycle Analyst. The CA just cuts off the throttle without sending the signal to the controller to activate regen.
999zip999 wrote:Yes Boss you are right as I found out. DANGER ! Use both ebrakes and connect.
Get use to it. As I ( ME ) was at a stop light and tried to start forward my right thumb got rapped ( half twist throttle ) was twisted under extreme load 6,200watts stood my bike on its tail. Dancing. Yes on one wheel. I just let her do her thing. Cut my calf minor.
So O.K. both ebrakes.
Plus hooked up regen and much much improved stopping power + regen, two torque arms. Big plus.
Silent and torquikie. Lucky to have three speed switch, kill switch, and ebrake cutoff.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 19 2016 7:18pm

I've just added another option for the controller:
- Universal DC stepdown voltage converter for 12v accessories (input voltage 36-100v output 12v 10A), wired into controller and turned on/of with the switch key - $25

This is great for head/tail lights, turn signals, you universal cigarette lighter receptacles, USB phone chargers, anything else you can think of.
The output wattage is 120W which is enough even for a laptop.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 22 2016 11:15am

Here is a recent build in white for a local customer. Controller is mounted under the frame and is painted white.
Regarding efficiency (I think ecycler asked), with 88v and 26Ah battery, this bike is averaging 50Wh per mile if ridden in eco-mode (25-30mph) with 200+ lbs rider. This is good for about 50 miles of range.
IMAG1717.jpg
IMAG1717.jpg (125.24 KiB) Viewed 2912 times

ecycler   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Sinewave Controller 100V/80A Program/Alarm/GPS - $199

Post by ecycler » Feb 23 2016 6:20pm

Thanks, how many turns is that MXUS3000 and are those 17, 18, or 19 inch wheels with the sr241's on it?
Asking because it looks great and curious what top speed are you hitting on the 88v that setup. Is it 88v HOC or nominal?
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 23 2016 8:06pm

On this customer's bike, it's 4t and 19'' moto rims front and rear. He just wanted the same size wheels all around.
This particular bike with a heavy rider (210lbs+) can go over 50 mph easily. Probably more with higher phase current setup.

On my own bike, I use very similar setup but smaller 17'' rim with 3'' Shinko and 3T MXUS. I recommend that one better as it's running more efficiently and smaller rim makes it more torquey. The fastest I was going on this battery+controller+motor+rim was 65mph. Unloaded speed is 123 mph.

As for the battery pack, I use exclusively 88v nominal (100.8v fully charged) that no one is selling, so I build them myself exactly the way I want them. The battery is rated for 90A continuous and can can do 135A instantaneous, and it's shaped to fit snugly in the 140mm of the frame width. I don't know if the frame manufacturer did this intentionally, but 140mm is just the right size to put two rows of 18650 cells alongside. Were it 2mm less, it wouldn't work so nicely. The pack is currently 26Ah or 2.3kWh, which is good for 46 miles of range riding conservatively (under 30 mph). If I really burn rubber and do launches from dead stop, I can get 30 miles out of it. With all the space still left in the frame box (see the pic), there is a potential to increase the size of the the pack to say 60Ah for the total of 5.3kW of juice. Accounting for additional weight, it should be good for at least 100 miles of range of riding at the speed of 30-35 mph.

white-controller.jpg
white-controller.jpg (161.1 KiB) Viewed 2903 times

ecycler wrote:Thanks, how many turns is that MXUS3000 and are those 17, 18, or 19 inch wheels with the sr241's on it?
Asking because it looks great and curious what top speed are you hitting on the 88v that setup. Is it 88v HOC or nominal?

ecycler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by ecycler » Feb 23 2016 10:17pm

This is all fantastic info and great news that 2 18650's will fit lengthwise with some wiring and padding! Hopefully you don't mind answering a few more questions about the bikes rather than the controller.

That's great you are able to fit a triple chain ring. Were you able to get a derailleur mounted on the front as well? What is the largest size chain ring that will fit? Do you think a Patterson would fit in the BB?

Do you get any pedal strike with the 17inch wheel and normal sized crank arms on that frame? Beyond having less rollability over logs, curbs, and ditches - increased pedal strike has been my biggest complaint with 17inch wheels in the past. Agreed on the extra torque and hill climbing though! :-)

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 23 2016 11:31pm

You can probably fix a front derailleur if you get a bit creative but, if you ask me, it's not worth the trouble. I rarely ride this thing below 30 mph, so smaller rings will be of little, if any, use. The largest ring you can fit there is 48t, and that's the only one I would put there. I would rather focus on the freewheel and fit the smallest 11t, so I can pedal it at higher speeds and then, if I ever need to pedal it when power goes down, 32t for the lowers gear on the freewheel should work fine. In a nutshell, 48t chain ring and 7 speed 11-32t freewheel is probably the best combo.

I've considered putting Patterson but they don't make 100mm BB versions. So, for now, the only option is Schlumpf but I am on the fence with it due to the premium price.

No issues with the crank clearance on curbs, logs and such with this frame and 17 inch wheels. It's actually sitting much higher than on any regular bike, and, then, you can always adjust it higher by moving the rear shock mounting bracket.

Here is a pic of crank clearance. It sinks a bit under the rider's weight but not enough to cause any issues whatsoever.

clearance.jpg
clearance.jpg (141.39 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
ecycler wrote:This is all fantastic info and great news that 2 18650's will fit lengthwise with some wiring and padding! Hopefully you don't mind answering a few more questions about the bikes rather than the controller.

That's great you are able to fit a triple chain ring. Were you able to get a derailleur mounted on the front as well? What is the largest size chain ring that will fit? Do you think a Patterson would fit in the BB?

Do you get any pedal strike with the 17inch wheel and normal sized crank arms on that frame? Beyond having less rollability over logs, curbs, and ditches - increased pedal strike has been my biggest complaint with 17inch wheels in the past. Agreed on the extra torque and hill climbing though! :-)

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Re: 18FET Sinewave Controller 100V/8kW Program/Alarm/GPS - $

Post by 999zip999 » Feb 25 2016 4:27pm

So hooked both brakes to ebrake low as it's an easy plug (I wire was cut ). So if I hook up the left to high ebrake plug. What does high mean or do ?
48t 11t is fine for peddling 28 mph
. I have a 52t 11t for 34 mph. Does any one have a 54t ? Oh the 52t is scratching the frame almost. I put a different bb to fit it.
Mine is a street cruiser hill climber. 6,200watts.
P.S. plus the reason for not having the left hooked up it was very strong first touch. It got cut one wire and second turned green over time disconnected in ocean air. I resoldter and hooked up living green wire greenest. The left brake with greenest wire has less pull and the right is jerky. Both on low ebrake ?

10 kW

Re: 18FET Sinewave Controller 100V/8kW Program/Alarm/GPS - $

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 26 2016 2:04pm

Yep, just parallel both brake cutoff switches to low ebrake wire, so when you press either levers, the low ebrake is shorted to the ground. That will engage regen if you enabled it with the white wire and in the software.
You can adjust the regen strength in the software - it's easier than you think, I can guide you through. If your bike weight is somewhere between 50-70 lbs, I suggest, set the regen strength to 20 or so. My bike is 120lbs, so I put it at 60-70. I've tested hi-ebrake and it's not responding for me either - I'll try to tweak some settings, will let you know what I can find.

I've tried to fit 53t on my frame, but it's too big. I don't know if it's worth changing the BB for a longer one. I guess cranks will be sticking out too far out?
999zip999 wrote:So hooked both brakes to ebrake low as it's an easy plug (I wire was cut ). So if I hook up the left to high ebrake plug. What does high mean or do ?
48t 11t is fine for peddling 28 mph
. I have a 52t 11t for 34 mph. Does any one have a 54t ? Oh the 52t is scratching the frame almost. I put a different bb to fit it.
Mine is a street cruiser hill climber. 6,200watts.
P.S. plus the reason for not having the left hooked up it was very strong first touch. It got cut one wire and second turned green over time disconnected in ocean air. I resoldter and hooked up living green wire greenest. The left brake with greenest wire has less pull and the right is jerky. Both on low ebrake ?

10 kW

Re: 18FET Sino Controller 36-100V/10kW Program/Alarm/GPS

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 01 2016 10:59am

I am considering integrating a few "smart" features with this controller.
Ability to check things like battery charge level from a smartphone, end of charge push notifications, time to full charge, also blind spot detection, intelligent hi/low beams, tail lights, turn signals, etc. I've started a thread on this here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76440

If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to chime in.

maxRpm   10 W

10 W

Re: 18FET Sino Controller 36-100V/10kW Program/Alarm/GPS - $

Post by maxRpm » Mar 01 2016 3:43pm

Can this controller be program through Bluetooth? Do you have a store front? I notice your located in sacrament that's about 30 minute from me

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 01 2016 8:29pm

It can be made and I've done some preliminary legwork analyzing the visual basic code that the PC programming software is using. I also have a beta version of the software source code that runs on Arduino, so you can really port it to Android or IOS, just need to invest a bit more time debugging and testing it. I was first kind of keen on the idea but then realized most people program it once a lifetime and and let it run with one configuration forever. So, it slipped a bit on my priority list. I think other smart phone integrated features would be of much more interest, such as blind spot detection (I have a working prototype of it already), checking charge, push notification, traction control, abs, GPS tracking, etc. Those have been my focus recently.

No storefront per se yet, but I am considering opening one probably this year. It's been mostly friends and friends' friends, but has grown since. I do have small shop where I make bikes and batteries to order. We can meet if you there is anything particular you are interested or just have a beer or two ;)
maxRpm wrote:Can this controller be program through Bluetooth? Do you have a store front? I notice your located in sacrament that's about 30 minute from me

ecycler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by ecycler » Mar 02 2016 9:30am

Powervelocity.com wrote:It can be made and I've done some preliminary legwork analyzing the visual basic code that the PC programming software is using. I also have a beta version of the software source code that runs on Arduino, so you can really port it to Android or IOS, just need to invest a bit more time debugging and testing it. I was first kind of keen on the idea but then realized most people program it once a lifetime and and let it run with one configuration forever. So, it slipped a bit on my priority list. I think other smart phone integrated features would be of much more interest, such as blind spot detection (I have a working prototype of it already), checking charge, push notification, traction control, abs, GPS tracking, etc. Those have been my focus recently.

No storefront per se yet, but I am considering opening one probably this year. It's been mostly friends and friends' friends, but has grown since. I do have small shop where I make bikes and batteries to order. We can meet if you there is anything particular you are interested or just have a beer or two ;)
maxRpm wrote:Can this controller be program through Bluetooth? Do you have a store front? I notice your located in sacrament that's about 30 minute from me
Are you worried or have you had any trouble with Cali ebike laws?

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 02 2016 11:33am

I haven't had any trouble with the law riding ebikes (yet), most people don't know exactly what it is that I am riding, and get curious. Upon hearing "electric", they just get more curious and no one raises any concern over legality or even safety. I guess there is still a great deal of widely adopted misconception on how powerful electric drive trains can be. I guess that helps avoiding any trouble. It may be a California thing, but the law enforcement here are not not cracking down on ebikers. Hopefully, they just have more important matters to deal with.

As long as I try to be courteous to other riders/pedestrians/drivers and use good judgement on where and how I ride my bike, most people don't care. I never ride over 15 mph and I normally use very little or no power among pedestrians.
ecycler wrote:
Are you worried or have you had any trouble with Cali ebike laws?

maxRpm   10 W

10 W

Post by maxRpm » Mar 02 2016 12:30pm

You are allowed to go 28mph assisted I think thats better then most places.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 02 2016 12:51pm

Yep, Cali has been generous compared to the rest of the US, let alone Europe.
I see, however, a problem with using bike lanes, as most drivers have no clue you can go even that fast or can keep up with the rest of the traffic and will often assume they can easily overtake, make turns right in front of you. Those drivers are the real danger.
maxRpm wrote:You are allowed to go 28mph assisted I think thats better then most places.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Mar 02 2016 5:10pm

I go 40mph all over the place 30mph up hills.
One day I was pulled over for going 30 miles an hour made left hand turn cop follow me around short little guy I'm 6 four and he turn around had me staring in the Sun and just like some old cowboy showdown as he's talking to me telling me I have some illegal motorcycle thing and needs to be register after 20 minutes and me being as nice as can be I asked him what do you want me to do walk the bike home or should I just continue on down the road or keep going he said just get out of here. 5'4" cop sees a 6'4" too good looking of a guy smiling on electric bike ?. Thought he could brake me. Time for a beer and to burn one. Just rode on.
Yes how can I help officer. Lol

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Mar 05 2016 4:35am

Meaning the police haven't talk about it or been directed , or haven't been told what to do. So let's be cool and fly under the radar.

Altair   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Altair » Mar 07 2016 6:28pm

Hi,
I think the question has not been answered yet, is the throttle control based on Torque or Speed ?
Thanks