15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
paul drury   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: May 22 2016 7:44am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by paul drury » Mar 28 2018 3:25pm

good evening,
yes I have downloaded and installed the latest version from the play store, my phone is connected to the internet and the controller is switched on, I go to the manage screen and select PowerVelocity-i, I return to the settings screen and it shows connected: PowerVelocity at the top of the screen, I have then waited and it does not ask me to update the firmware it just sits there, eventually a pop up appears saying Power Velocity isnt responding, do you want to close it? report wait ok.
thanks
Paul

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 30 2018 3:52am

This is likely a phone specific issue - need to gather further details. So we don't turn this thread into a troubleshooting session, please send information about your device (brand, version of Android, language/locale selected, etc.) to sales@powervelocity.com
We'll get it working.
paul drury wrote:
Mar 28 2018 3:25pm
good evening,
yes I have downloaded and installed the latest version from the play store, my phone is connected to the internet and the controller is switched on, I go to the manage screen and select PowerVelocity-i, I return to the settings screen and it shows connected: PowerVelocity at the top of the screen, I have then waited and it does not ask me to update the firmware it just sits there, eventually a pop up appears saying Power Velocity isnt responding, do you want to close it? report wait ok.
thanks
Paul

paul drury   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: May 22 2016 7:44am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by paul drury » Apr 06 2018 3:07am

Good morning,
just to let everyone know the issue was not with the controller it was in fact a problem with the bluetooth on my phone, I tried my android tablet and it worked straight away, I just need to now tweek it for my motor/battery/ needs. Thanks to power velocity for the excellent support and helping to pinpoint the problem.
thanks
Paul

csc   100 W

100 W
Posts: 139
Joined: Dec 13 2016 7:40am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by csc » Apr 06 2018 7:44am

Powervelocity.com wrote:
Jan 16 2018 1:17pm
399 - Controller + Wireless programming + Dashboard (It has most of the CA functionality plus more), works out of the box with Android or iOS
How much would that be with the 18F version ?

Powervelocity.com wrote:
Mar 15 2018 6:16pm
18F is the right controller for those motors in most cases and these are available as dual mode option.
I can't find it on your website, with the sensorless option

Rs.Anton   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 04 2018 5:03am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Rs.Anton » May 04 2018 5:13am

Hello
Can your controller 18fet with BT be set to limit power to the motor after it reaches overheat level. I would like to set temp limit to 130c and not always pay attention to this parameter.
Thank you.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » May 04 2018 1:30pm

All modules with dashboard functionality, have overheat protection. It will shut down the controller if you hit 100C (on mosfets).

The latest external modules (CA plug compatible) have throttle input and can do power rollbacks at predefined temperatures.
130C is a bit too much for most BLDC motors though. You probably want to stay below 100C. Just a recommendation.
Rs.Anton wrote:
May 04 2018 5:13am
Hello
Can your controller 18fet with BT be set to limit power to the motor after it reaches overheat level. I would like to set temp limit to 130c and not always pay attention to this parameter.
Thank you.

Rs.Anton   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 04 2018 5:03am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Rs.Anton » May 07 2018 4:53am

Will internal module of your controller products include this option? Оr this is hardware case that only new external modules cary?

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » May 09 2018 1:35am

All modules shipped after May 1 are external. They all have hardware to support power rollback based on predefined temperature of the controller or the motor (or the battery, if you choose to monitor battery temperature). This is to be implemented via software update. To take advantage of the thermal rollback, the throttle need to be connected via the BT module.

All modules with dashboard (including internal and external) have temperature protection for controller. This means the controller will shut down if the temperature threshold is breached. It's already implemented in all modules.
Rs.Anton wrote:
May 07 2018 4:53am
Will internal module of your controller products include this option? Оr this is hardware case that only new external modules cary?

Rs.Anton   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 04 2018 5:03am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Rs.Anton » May 10 2018 2:51am

Powervelocity.com wrote:
May 09 2018 1:35am
All modules shipped after May 1 are external. They all have hardware to support power rollback based on predefined temperature of the controller or the motor (or the battery, if you choose to monitor battery temperature). This is to be implemented via software update. To take advantage of the thermal rollback, the throttle need to be connected via the BT module.

All modules with dashboard (including internal and external) have temperature protection for controller. This means the controller will shut down if the temperature threshold is breached. It's already implemented in all modules.
Rs.Anton wrote:
May 07 2018 4:53am
Will internal module of your controller products include this option? Оr this is hardware case that only new external modules cary?
OK, i've ordered the 18fet with Bt module in 26 feb 2018, i also have unknown 2 wires white and green coming from BT module could you tell me what are they for. For others this may be informative as well. Can you offer me some sort of module that i can add on and use this function of thurmal control of battery or motor? Also i'm going to change phase and battery wires for thicker 8awg as i will be running long range to battery and motor and be pulling 70amps. How should i set and measure my shunt resistance, so to change it in program? I believe this parameter could change do to additional soldering of wires. Thank you.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » May 10 2018 12:23pm

White wire is the temperature input you can run from your motor, battery, or anything else you like.
Green wire is the external Bluetooth antenna (don't cut it off).

Power rollback based on the temperature inputs requires running the throttle via the Bluetooth. New external modules shipped after May 1 has such capability. If you are comfortable soldering a few wires, you can run five programming wires outside of the controller. Then get the external module and connect it up. You would also need to use the CA connector on the controller for dashboard functionality and you have that one already. Then you just plug your throttle to the module and you should be good to go.

Rs.Anton wrote:
May 10 2018 2:51am
Powervelocity.com wrote:
May 09 2018 1:35am
All modules shipped after May 1 are external. They all have hardware to support power rollback based on predefined temperature of the controller or the motor (or the battery, if you choose to monitor battery temperature). This is to be implemented via software update. To take advantage of the thermal rollback, the throttle need to be connected via the BT module.

All modules with dashboard (including internal and external) have temperature protection for controller. This means the controller will shut down if the temperature threshold is breached. It's already implemented in all modules.
Rs.Anton wrote:
May 07 2018 4:53am
Will internal module of your controller products include this option? Оr this is hardware case that only new external modules cary?
OK, i've ordered the 18fet with Bt module in 26 feb 2018, i also have unknown 2 wires white and green coming from BT module could you tell me what are they for. For others this may be informative as well. Can you offer me some sort of module that i can add on and use this function of thurmal control of battery or motor? Also i'm going to change phase and battery wires for thicker 8awg as i will be running long range to battery and motor and be pulling 70amps. How should i set and measure my shunt resistance, so to change it in program? I believe this parameter could change do to additional soldering of wires. Thank you.
Last edited by Powervelocity.com on May 11 2018 3:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Rs.Anton   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 04 2018 5:03am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Rs.Anton » May 11 2018 2:54am

Understood.
How much is for the external module? Perhaps there is a loyality program for those that already ordered controller with internal BT module.
Also for power users explain please about the settings "shunt resistance" in the program, stock value and how to measure-correct it if there any changes made with wires or shunt.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » May 11 2018 2:02pm

PM and we'll work it out.
Rs.Anton wrote:
May 11 2018 2:54am
Understood.
How much is for the external module? Perhaps there is a loyality program for those that already ordered controller with internal BT module.
Also for power users explain please about the settings "shunt resistance" in the program, stock value and how to measure-correct it if there any changes made with wires or shunt.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8342
Joined: Jan 10 2010 1:40pm
Location: Dana Point So. Cal

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by 999zip999 » May 11 2018 4:14pm

My 1,500 edge motor pulls 3.41amps no load. I set the shunt. With 15fet. I tried many comb's. Is this to high. Running on a back up pedgo 48v 10ah battery. Sounds high. Is anybody running this combo ?

markz   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6127
Joined: Jan 09 2014 11:38pm
Location: Alberta Canada

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by markz » May 11 2018 7:40pm

999zip999 wrote:
May 11 2018 4:14pm
My 1,500 edge motor pulls 3.41amps no load. I set the shunt. With 15fet. I tried many comb's. Is this to high. Running on a back up pedgo 48v 10ah battery. Sounds high. Is anybody running this combo ?
I am not

but I am Just dreaming of owning a powervelocity controller one day.
searching if they rock sensorless or not

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8342
Joined: Jan 10 2010 1:40pm
Location: Dana Point So. Cal

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by 999zip999 » May 11 2018 8:29pm

Yes you can get them sensored and or sensorless I think you just don't plug the five wires in and it runs sensorless.

markz   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6127
Joined: Jan 09 2014 11:38pm
Location: Alberta Canada

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by markz » May 12 2018 12:08pm

999zip999 wrote:
May 11 2018 8:29pm
Yes you can get them sensored and or sensorless I think you just don't plug the five wires in and it runs sensorless.
Good to know. Sinewave controllers are great and silent. I laugh at some of the people I have startled with my noisy trapezoidal controller. The facial expressions are priceless. Can't always whistle to myself, but I do try my best. Even when you give them a lot of space, facial expressions :lol:

What I like about this guys PowerVelocity controller is as noted, Sinewave plus gps and alarm and all the other features that cat has kicked in there.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8342
Joined: Jan 10 2010 1:40pm
Location: Dana Point So. Cal

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by 999zip999 » May 12 2018 3:57pm

My 15 fat Bluetooth is hard to be sep picks up my controller but then it doesn't pick it up I can't get it to change my settings


User avatar
Trelos   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 22 2018 4:14am

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Trelos » May 28 2018 9:10am

Hi Vadym
I received the 18 fet controller and it works perfectly , just wanted to know if a crystalyte APM display will work plugged into the CA plug coming out of the controller? I just want to use it for speedometer and odometer and battery indicator.
cheers
Stealth bomber ,PowerVelocity 24 fet ,17kw
Stealth fighter, 96v lipo

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » May 29 2018 12:12pm

I am not familiar with that display and it doesn't seem to be plug and play with the CA connector.
The BT module has the HUD functionality though.
Trelos wrote:
May 28 2018 9:10am
Hi Vadym
I received the 18 fet controller and it works perfectly , just wanted to know if a crystalyte APM display will work plugged into the CA plug coming out of the controller? I just want to use it for speedometer and odometer and battery indicator.
cheers

Baron   100 W

100 W
Posts: 190
Joined: Jun 15 2015 9:09pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Baron » Jun 07 2018 11:28pm

Last year, using Windows 7 I was able to successfully program my controller using the old chinese software "Sine wave controller programming software." But now with Windows 10 I can't seem to make it work anymore. Does anyone know if it works at all using Windows 10?

I think I'm having problems with the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port drivers. The stock windows drivers don't work (yellow exclamation point in Device Manager) and the ones from the download link in the manual don't seem to work either. I even found some old drivers from 2008 on google and they don't work either.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » Jun 08 2018 12:01am

It's not working on W10. It's part of the reason why wireless programming for Android and iOS was developed:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89847
Baron wrote:
Jun 07 2018 11:28pm
Last year, using Windows 7 I was able to successfully program my controller using the old chinese software "Sine wave controller programming software." But now with Windows 10 I can't seem to make it work anymore. Does anyone know if it works at all using Windows 10?

I think I'm having problems with the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port drivers. The stock windows drivers don't work (yellow exclamation point in Device Manager) and the ones from the download link in the manual don't seem to work either. I even found some old drivers from 2008 on google and they don't work either.

Baron   100 W

100 W
Posts: 190
Joined: Jun 15 2015 9:09pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Baron » Jun 08 2018 12:09am

Any way to add bluetooth/android programming to my controller? It's a 12fet btw.
Last edited by Baron on Jun 08 2018 12:15am, edited 1 time in total.

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 27 2015 2:15pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by Powervelocity.com » Jun 08 2018 12:12am

You will need to open the controller and move the green wire going to programming interface from SDA to Reset pin.
Otherwise, the module is plug and play with the programming connector and CA plug (for HUD features).
Baron wrote:
Jun 08 2018 12:09am
Any way to add bluetooth programming to my controller? It's a 12fet btw.

cwah   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4130
Joined: Jul 24 2011 5:42am
Location: Between paris and london

Re: 15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Post by cwah » Jun 08 2018 4:03am

How silent is this controller? On my phaserunner it's supposed to be silent but it does a high pitch noise on acceleration with some motors.

Thanks
Help me find my stolen electric brompton: http://bit.ly/1a0vbBC and Bosch Sinus B3 http://bit.ly/1eV0WQz

Post Reply