EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 16 2016 6:48pm

Thanks, Merlin, for your long answer and your suggestions! I am still thinking about your comments.

That, of course, doesn't effect my order: I still want one motor, 5T if possible and 4T otherwise.

I am located in Wardenburg near Oldenburg in Lower Saxony.

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 17 2016 4:11am

ah germany, ok ;)
so trying a "big bike" is not that easy. If you come to Mannheim, feel free for a ride :mrgreen:

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by minde28383 » May 17 2016 10:25am

I still looking for optimal components Mostly I tend towards T3 in 17rim but I'm hesitant to run it with 44volts unless Kelly sinusoidal KLS7240 controller have such thing like field weakening. I guess If I would run MXUS T3 with 44volts in 17inch motorcycle rim than I would reach little bit over 40km/h. Have you heard a option to active field weakening on the go with some external switch on the handlebars?
ebike build in progress
CN 5.5kw scooter (on sale)
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (on sale)

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 18 2016 4:59am

I never heard or read about a controller that has a switch option to activate Flux weaken.
i dont see a need for enable or disable with a switch.

disable ovs/flux...check how fast you bike runs. If it is 80kph you know where ovs/flux kicks in.
so if you dont want to drive a bit less efficiency, dont go over 80kph.

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by minde28383 » May 18 2016 6:41am

Merlin,
I see now, field weakening kicks in only at the end of regular speed therefore we can ride with field weakening turned ON and still be on regular efficiency unless we run at top speed.

Nevertheless I've found that Kelly sinusoidal KLS7240 controller does not have field weakening option.
ebike build in progress
CN 5.5kw scooter (on sale)
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (on sale)

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 18 2016 8:17am

minde28383 wrote:Merlin,
I see now, field weakening kicks in only at the end of regular speed therefore we can ride with field weakening turned ON and still be on regular efficiency unless we run at top speed.
exactly :)

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by minde28383 » May 18 2016 9:19am

I was so much aiming at Kelly sinusoidal controller but as it has no flux/OVS/120% I need some more options to choose from. Do you know some 42-72volts controller with OVS? Adappto is not my list due price.
ebike build in progress
CN 5.5kw scooter (on sale)
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (on sale)

hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 18 2016 9:40am

I just found out that MXUS also built some motors suitable for a wider dropout (at least 170mm, mayby 190mm). It is sold by kinaye-motorsports:
http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com ... r-5t-7-2kv

@Merlin: As you told me the motor that is ordered here is to narrow for 190mm dropouts. Do you see a chance to get a broader MXUS motor to Germany with your Bulk order? I still am extremely interested in building my strong fat bike.

To avoid misunderstanding: Still all this thoughts are additional to my order.

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by minde28383 » May 18 2016 1:09pm

Hi hbunjes,
my question might sound strange but I'll give a try anyways.
Are there any benefits of MXUS hub motor specifically for fat bikes? Or is it only axle being wider and rest construction is the same.
ebike build in progress
CN 5.5kw scooter (on sale)
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (on sale)

hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 18 2016 3:11pm

Hi minde28383!

There are not many motors out there that

- withstand at least 3000W
- are known to be robust and reliable
- have an identifiable manufacturer
- are affordable
- can take a multispeed freewheel

to be suitable for 26 inch fat bike this motor must also

- work with a 190mm dropout
- have a low speed version (not a scooter version for small rims)

at the moment I have only heard of one that satisfies all criteria and that is the mentioned MXUS. If anyone out there knows of another one, please tell me!

There are no other technical criteria that brought me to the MXUS.

Does that answer your question?

User avatar
minde28383   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 02 2010 7:11am

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by minde28383 » May 18 2016 4:43pm

hbunjes,
yes, even more than that.
MXUS been quite a while on my target, so long than even version 3 became available.
Some 5 years ago I sold my 9C hub and sweared not to come back to hubs due heavy weight and high amps on start up but after my last scooter with chain and sprockets I look back remembering how almost noiseless hub was therefore now I think I'll give a try to MXUS v3.
Mostly MXUS appeals me due low cogging and low price. If QS 205 would have the same price I would be better to stick QS 205 assuming it can withstand bit more amperage (being 4kg more in weight over MXUS) for bit more time as my scooter is without pedals.
ebike build in progress
CN 5.5kw scooter (on sale)
E Mindless Maverick Talisman longboard, 2.2KW motor, 150Amps controller (on sale)

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 19 2016 3:53am

hbunjes wrote:I just found out that MXUS also built some motors suitable for a wider dropout (at least 170mm, mayby 190mm). It is sold by kinaye-motorsports:
http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com ... r-5t-7-2kv

@Merlin: As you told me the motor that is ordered here is to narrow for 190mm dropouts. Do you see a chance to get a broader MXUS motor to Germany with your Bulk order? I still am extremely interested in building my strong fat bike.

To avoid misunderstanding: Still all this thoughts are additional to my order.
i have asked about a longer axle for a 190mm Dropout.
i think its possible. waiting about prices.
if so, you want a 2nd motor?

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 19 2016 4:01am

minde28383 wrote:hbunjes,
yes, even more than that.
MXUS been quite a while on my target, so long than even version 3 became available.
Some 5 years ago I sold my 9C hub and sweared not to come back to hubs due heavy weight and high amps on start up but after my last scooter with chain and sprockets I look back remembering how almost noiseless hub was therefore now I think I'll give a try to MXUS v3.
Mostly MXUS appeals me due low cogging and low price. If QS 205 would have the same price I would be better to stick QS 205 assuming it can withstand bit more amperage (being 4kg more in weight over MXUS) for bit more time as my scooter is without pedals.

Yes, if QS had a similar Price it would be more motor for money. BUT. if you are not a drag racer or amp monster, the mxus is the better "all around" Motor.
i like my croMotor sure. But i feel his weight all the time.
the new v3 Mxus can everything do like the QS 205.....the difference is just the "time" 4kg less weight means earlier cooked hubbie :P
however.....saw barents engraved logo and asked about also to do that.

Motors can/will have something engraved like this:

Deutsche Post AG
ANSMANN-RM7-48V250W


because its a legal motor for postmans bikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wannesd   100 W

100 W
Posts: 243
Joined: May 23 2012 1:24pm
Location: Belgium

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by wannesd » May 19 2016 4:15am

Merlin wrote:
minde28383 wrote:hbunjes,
yes, even more than that.
MXUS been quite a while on my target, so long than even version 3 became available.
Some 5 years ago I sold my 9C hub and sweared not to come back to hubs due heavy weight and high amps on start up but after my last scooter with chain and sprockets I look back remembering how almost noiseless hub was therefore now I think I'll give a try to MXUS v3.
Mostly MXUS appeals me due low cogging and low price. If QS 205 would have the same price I would be better to stick QS 205 assuming it can withstand bit more amperage (being 4kg more in weight over MXUS) for bit more time as my scooter is without pedals.

Yes, if QS had a similar Price it would be more motor for money. BUT. if you are not a drag racer or amp monster, the mxus is the better "all around" Motor.
i like my croMotor sure. But i feel his weight all the time.
the new v3 Mxus can everything do like the QS 205.....the difference is just the "time" 4kg less weight means earlier cooked hubbie :P
however.....saw barents engraved logo and asked about also to do that.

Motors can/will have something engraved like this:

Deutsche Post AG
ANSMANN-RM7-48V250W


because its a legal motor for postmans bikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Have the "250W" part be more prominent, for shits and giggles :)

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 19 2016 4:26am

check the ANSMANN RM7.0 ....looks "a bit" similar" in size...... :mrgreen:
if they say, it looks different.....so its an older Model....first series *lol

Justas   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jul 22 2015 2:46pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Justas » May 19 2016 2:02pm

I am interested in 4T mxus lanced in 19" rim. Check me in, thanks.

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 19 2016 3:15pm

updated Post 1

+Justas

hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 19 2016 4:50pm

Merlin wrote:
hbunjes wrote:I just found out that MXUS also built some motors suitable for a wider dropout (at least 170mm, mayby 190mm). It is sold by kinaye-motorsports:
http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com ... r-5t-7-2kv

@Merlin: As you told me the motor that is ordered here is to narrow for 190mm dropouts. Do you see a chance to get a broader MXUS motor to Germany with your Bulk order? I still am extremely interested in building my strong fat bike.

To avoid misunderstanding: Still all this thoughts are additional to my order.
i have asked about a longer axle for a 190mm Dropout.
i think its possible. waiting about prices.
if so, you want a 2nd motor?
Yes, if it's suitable for 190mm and a 7-speed freewheel I want a second motor but it should really be 6t (or at least a 5T). Otherwise, as I interpret the diagrams, it would be to fast but would be missing torque (with 26inch rim). As you mentioned it doesn't make much sense to ride a fat bike at 90kph.

It would be perfect, if both my motors (the 135mm and the 190mm dropout versions) would be 5T. Then my 2WD fat bike would have well distributed torque. Please tell me if I make a major error in reasoning here but I still dream of that 2WD fat bike.

Thanks for your patience with all this extra wishes Merlin!

User avatar
Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3667
Joined: Jun 28 2011 11:08pm
Location: Ballarat, AU
Contact:

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Samd » May 19 2016 8:01pm

Its a custom 190mm dropout fatbike axle that Barent and I paid to have done and tested - 200 axle units, with a significant investment of time and effort by us.
We saw a gap in the market and designed it for our regular Mxus motor offerings.
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 20 2016 3:21am

i got answer from mxus:


The flat bike motor only avaialbe in V2 motor which has 2.5mm phase wire&single hall
sensor&M14axle with the 190mm drop.
Please confirm if you need to add this.

hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 20 2016 3:13pm

Merlin wrote:i got answer from mxus:

Please confirm if you need to add this.
Probably yes, but Information about the number of turns and a rough Idea about the price would be helpful.

I send you a PM.

hbunjes   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: May 01 2016 12:20pm
Location: Northwest Germany

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by hbunjes » May 20 2016 3:19pm

Samd wrote:Its a custom 190mm dropout fatbike axle that Barent and I paid to have done and tested - 200 axle units, with a significant investment of time and effort by us.
We saw a gap in the market and designed it for our regular Mxus motor offerings.
If that is the case: Thank you very much for your effort and for pushing forward the limits of our hobby! I appreciate that.

I had a look at your shop before. Sadly ordering from you seems to be very expensive due to the shipping costs. At the moment too expensive for me.

User avatar
soaresdacosta   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 461
Joined: Jan 26 2011 12:08pm
Location: Portugal / Europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by soaresdacosta » May 21 2016 1:21pm

I will take one. 4T please.

Luís.

User avatar
Wheazel   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 967
Joined: Nov 02 2010 2:30pm
Location: Sundsvall, Sweden

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Wheazel » May 22 2016 5:11am

Does the motors have the freewheel threading so I can install a 7spd threaded casette?
If yes, is it too late to jump onboard for a 4t?

User avatar
Merlin   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1813
Joined: Jan 29 2013 10:00am
Location: europe

Re: EUROPE - [2nd] Groupbuy MXUS3000 v3 TURBO

Post by Merlin » May 22 2016 5:18am

hbunjes wrote:
Merlin wrote:i got answer from mxus:

Please confirm if you need to add this.
Probably yes, but Information about the number of turns and a rough Idea about the price would be helpful.

I send you a PM.

got it. lets "talk" ;)

Post Reply