CitiGo Urban - WORLD'S BEST DESIGNED E-SCOOTER

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

CitiGo Urban - WORLD'S BEST DESIGNED E-SCOOTER

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jun 17 2016 1:44am

Hey guys :o , just wanted to share a sleek e-scooter that our team has designed, the CityGo Urban E-Scooter – an aesthetically designed e-scooter that brings in a frictionless riding experience by an advanced drivetrain system. Our crowdfunding project is now live on Indiegogo, please back us and help spread the word!

http://bit.ly/indigogoins

campaign.JPG
campaign.JPG (132.22 KiB) Viewed 1901 times

We're a hardware startup team with industry design and car design background. Me and my bros love product designs with aesthetics and practicality that give users an ultimate experience. Based on our research, we noticed there’s no good combination for e-scooter of sleek streamline design, intelligent performance with affordable price to the mass market. Hence, we took the exact approach of designing an elegant car to create CityGo Urban, a revolutionary e-scooter like no other.

2.JPG
2.JPG (90.39 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (54.29 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

We will be launching on ‪#‎indiegogo‬ well below $700 for our backers. :o

Please visit our website to learn more about this mind-blowing e-scooter and get your special discount!

http://www.citygo.us/

Thank you!! :o

IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG (119.8 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG (146.4 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG (195.42 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
5.JPG
5.JPG (71.61 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

Some of CityGo Urban’s features include:

Iconic Design: CityGo Urban mimics the sleek lines and angles of an elegant car, achieving a streamline design that can be seen whether it’s folded or upright, and a minimal weight of 9.5kg.
1.JPG
1.JPG (50.85 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

Revolutionary Drivetrain: CityGo Urban’s complex algorithm calculate the force of your initial kick off and sustain your speed until you apply friction on the wheel, providing a frictionless riding experience with a maximum speed of 18mph.
2.JPG
2.JPG (54.18 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

Safe First Design: CityGo Urban’s integrated LED head light and brake light are customizable to ensure users are seen on the road.
3.JPG
3.JPG (46.71 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

Smart and Connected: The CityGo App not only allows users to check the battery level, lock status and route, it can also run diagnostic to find out the health of the CityGo Urban.
4.JPG
4.JPG (63.28 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
6.JPG
6.JPG (62.69 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Last edited by Andrew Chiu on Jul 27 2016 10:45pm, edited 5 times in total.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: THIS MIGHT BE THE WORLD'S BEST DESIGNED E-SCOOTER

Post by amberwolf » Jun 17 2016 2:22am

Pricing/etc. is required, per the rules linked below.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=25446
Partial quote of for-sale rules (see link above for full post):
Ypedal wrote:Do :
- Do describe in detail what you are selling
- Do describe in the SUBJECT LINE what you are selling instead of " For Sale " or " Stuff " .
- Do include Pictures if possible
- Specify if you offer support, or if you know nothing about the product..
- Do indicate your location < canada, usa, uk, etc.. > and are you willing to ship outside your country !?
- Price, with or without shipping

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Jun 17 2016 2:41am

Aaaah! nicely done, but...how soon before the ads call this the "Tesla" of kick-scooters?...(* snifs, and then sips the "Tesla" of beers)

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jun 18 2016 3:01am

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jun 18 2016 3:05am

spinningmagnets wrote:Aaaah! nicely done, but...how soon before the ads call this the "Tesla" of kick-scooters?...(* snifs, and then sips the "Tesla" of beers)

We were actually inspired by the Tesla! Lol :D

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Re: CitiGo Urban - WORLD'S BEST DESIGNED E-SCOOTER

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jun 18 2016 7:46am

Launching on Indiegogo in July, please sign up to get your special discount! :o

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jun 18 2016 8:10am

Hi Andrew.
I actually "cut my ebike teeth" on riding a standup kick scooter (with extra "kick" via a motor and 2x 12V SLA batts). This was over thousands of miles of urban roads (and paths and sidewalks, a rooftop, etc), usually where (`round here, anyway) surfaces were buckled, and cracked and "paved"/patched... bumping over stuff like curbs to/from sidewalks... Anyway, this was with 2x 12" rubber tires with air inflated tire tubes. Had to stick to familiar routes (usually), not often at night... and STILL I was occasionally "tripped up" by new (to me) road repairs, etc. And etc.

Any chance your "best designed e-scooter" might have "too small" wheels/tires? There seems a push on currently in the "bicycle world" to go to 29 inch wheels... to try "fat" (tire) bikes...

At one time MY "best e-scooter" design went with a larger front wheel/tire, with a back "wheel" replaced by an inline skate blade... So really "tiny" wheels, but lots of them in a row. :)
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19001&start=25

(Sorry. Older thread trashed a bit when ES had a bit of a "crash". Includes this "pic" - rough sketch:)

... and I've said before here on ES... MY "best designed e-scooter" includes luggage space. You have any (mounted low down) strap on/bolt on/ etc containers planned?
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Jun 18 2016 9:27am

Very cool design. Tidy, clean and it just look so store bought :) And I mean that in a good way. No back alley design for the CitiGo.

I think LockH got a point about wheels.

Where I live it seems that those Kickbikes have pretty much taken over the scene of e-scooters, or at least it seems the number of those kickbikes are increasing day by day :) I see more electrified kickbikes around town and in parks even then e-bikes. I even see one that has a suspension fork and fatty tires.

I understand those kickbikes are another niche then your citiGo. And a 26"/20" wheel combo would not be very good for taking the e-scooter on a bus, metro or sling into the back of a car. Maybe look for some middle ground? Little more tire to soften the ride?

Best wishes for your indigogo campaign.

mvly   10 kW

10 kW

Post by mvly » Jun 19 2016 9:30am

No suspension. Around 22lbs.

Not bad. But i think i rather pay for the etow and call it a day. It is a much better scooter with full suspension and it is around $850-$900 here in usa if you can get discount.
No scooter is perfect. The etow has its own issues, but overall it is pretty good.

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jun 21 2016 12:56am

Wow, we didn't expect this type of response when we posted our original post. All very great comments. To be honest we struggled a bit when we were designing the wheelbase since as many of you have said, a larger wheel will give a smoother ride. Unfortunately, since we wanted to design a scooter that's portable an easy to carry around. We opted for a smaller wheel to body ratio (7-inch front and 5-inch back). We'll be using airless tires on the CityGo Urban to avoid tire punctures in the urban environment from glass, nails, or metal shards. We believe this provides the user a sturdier ride and avoid the risk of tire going flat. What are your thoughts?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jun 21 2016 1:07am

I here you Andrew re airless tires. Still think ya might consider "sturdy" as going with a series of "tiny" wheels for the back end. The inline skate folks use this approach:

As opposed to a "larger wheel" to get a "smoother ride".

Still no thought re cargo capacity?

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jun 21 2016 1:26am

Andrew Chiu wrote:We'll be using airless tires on the CityGo Urban to avoid tire punctures in the urban environment from glass, nails, or metal shards. We believe this provides the user a sturdier ride and avoid the risk of tire going flat. What are your thoughts?
Sturdier but much harder on the rider, considering small wheels and no suspension. Even if this is meant to be used only on sidewalks, here in Phoenix / valley area it would see up to an inch (sometimes more) of height difference between blocks, repeatedly, in some areas. But even just 1/4" is really common, and that's going to be every couple of feet, clackety clackety clackety....

With pneumatic tires it wouldn't be so bad. If you use airless tubes made of foam inside normal tires, like powerchairs use, it's still not quite as bad as it would be if you use solid urethane types like skateboards/rollerblades/etc.

But...using those foam tube type airless tires is terrible for rolling resistance / efficiency. :( (at least, for those that are soft enough to help with the ride quality)

If it's meant for street use, you're looking at 2-3 inch potholes, "ripple" bumps (from braking/acceleration of large vehicles pushing around the hot asphalt into standing waves), grate covers and other access covers recessed into the street anywhere from an inch or so, all the way down to 4 inches or more in some cases.

Not much you can do about some of that with a vehicle like that, though--the wheel size is just too small even with biggest you can really fit on them.

It's hard to find the right compromise.

You might want to offer both types of tires and explain why each would help some people, but cause others problems.

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jul 04 2016 1:55am

Hey Amberwolf, great comments. It seems you really understand the issues we are having in determining what might be the best wheel solution for our Citygo Urban. I believe it might be possible to offer both types of tires with our scooter. Let me discuss with our team on this and see if we might be able to offer both versions for when we launch on Indiegogo.

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jul 18 2016 3:04am

We will be launching on Indiegogo on JULY 26TH! Please visit our website to get the special limited discount: http://www.citygo.us.

Andrew Chiu   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Andrew Chiu » Jul 26 2016 10:19am

Andrew Chiu wrote:We will be launching on Indiegogo on JULY 26TH! Please visit our website to get the special limited discount: http://www.citygo.us.
Hey Everyone,

After two years of work and getting everything together. We've just launched our CityGo Urban on Indiegogo! We won't ask you to support us, but would really appreciate if you could take a look at our campaign page and let us know what you think!

https://igg.me/at/citygourban

Thanks!
Andrew Chiu

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Jul 30 2016 8:51am

Nice campaign! Even I am hooked up so congrats your product looks good. Can't really get past the issues pointed out up there but that's a good base, you should have put levels to reach with the funds so you can offer the different tyres sets.
-+AT-One project : electric inline skates - no remote, hub motors, one frame for various wheel sizes & quasi-universal boot mount

Rollo Ergo Sum!

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 30 2016 4:08pm

STILL no where to put the groceries (carry stuff as "cargo"). Where added weight is low down versus like in a backpack on riders back as "high up" re balance.