High Power LiPo harness - 4x parralell XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm -

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

High Power LiPo harness - 4x parralell XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm -

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 01, 2016 11:43 pm

High Power LiPo wiring harness 4x parallel XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. Up to 4X series links - 200Amp capable.
Australian made. Worldwide shipping.

I'm pleased to offer High Power LiPo wiring harness for sale. Standard harnesses are 4x parallel connections in either XT90, HXT4mm, or 5.5mm connectors with up to 4 series links available. (More series/parallel connections on request)
ImageImage

These wiring harnesses are built to take some serious power!
Using 8awg wire for the series links/main discharge wires and 10awg for the individual battery connectors as well as crimped AND soldered connections allows these harnesses to handle 200A continuous discharge, and up to 300A peak! Double heat-shrink is applied to crimped sections to ensure no possible shorts.
Harnesses are made and tested to the highest quality. I build and use these same harnesses for my own E-Bikes!
ImageImage

Details:
Colour: Varies depending on stock availability
Insulator Material: Silicone/Heat-shrink
Voltage: Up to 600V
Temperature Range: -60°C to +200°C
Battery parallel wire gauge: 10awg
Series links: XT150 connector
Series link length: 50mm each
Series link/main discharge wire gauge: 8awg
Main discharge cable length: 280mm

Pricing:
Battery Connectors: HXT4mm or 5.5mm with 2X series links (2S) and bare main discharge connectors = $85AUD
Battery Connectors: XT90 with 2X series links (2S) and bare main discharge connectors = $95AUD

For each additional series link add $40AUD
For any main discharge connector add $10AUD

For example: 5.5mm with 3X series links ($125) + Anderson's SB50 main discharge connector ($10) = $135AUD
XT90 with 4X series links ($175) + bare main discharge connectors = $175AUD

***NOTE*** - XT90 connectors are priced higher due to the connectors being more expensive and more difficult/time consuming to solder than other connectors.

Prices are non-negotiable. I am effectively paying myself below the minimum wage (for Australia) to make these due to the time it takes to build these with the attention to detail I give each one. I hope to recoup costs over time as I get more efficient at making them.

Custom orders:
I'm happy to fulfil custom orders or add additional connectors such as charging connectors. This will add an additional lead time depending on stock I have on hand.
Typically, the addition of a charging connector will range from $10-20AUD. Additional parallel connections or series links can be made on request.

Shipping
Typical cost:
Within Australia: $20-30AUD
International: $45-65AUD

Please allow up to 10 business days for orders to be finalised and shipped following payment for standard harnesses.

Payment:
Paypal only.
Prices are in AUD.

Alternatively, for a simple transaction process, purchase via my E-Bay listing:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Power-L ... 123674497?
Due to changes in E-Bay policy, if you choose to communicate with me via E-Bay I am forced to invoice you using the E-Bay system which incurs additional fees, so my preference is to keep transactions on ES wherever possible.

***NOTE*** - When ordering XT150 Main discharge connector, the Positive (Red) connector is Female and the Negative (Black) connector is Male. Please let me know if you would like this swapped.

Detailed Photos:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm happy to work with you to assist in figuring out what you need. Just PM me. :)

Cheers
Last edited by Cowardlyduck on Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 5KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 20AH, 72V LiPo.
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

BLAKE'S BUILDS - The stuff I make and modify.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Re: High Power LiPo harness - 4x parralell XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 02, 2016 6:59 pm

I realised it may not be entirely clear to new LiPo users how these harnesses might work.

As this thread is not for education purposes, I'll keep it brief.
Basically, there are 2 main way's people connect LiPo batteries:
-Series first, then parallel. Combining 2 or more groups of your final total voltage.

-Parallel first, then series. Combining 2 or more groups of lower voltage packs, then series those together for your final total voltage.

More information can be found below:
Balancing: What is it and when is it necessary?
Charging Lithium Polymer batteries

Generally speaking, it is better to Parallel first as it allows cell level balancing which effectively combines several smaller batteries to act as a single larger battery. In order to parallel cells you will also need to add parallel balance leads. These are currently available on Hobby King, however I am in the process of making my own versions of these for sale that will be made from 18awg wire to allow safe fast charging up to 8A.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... T_XH_.html

The end result should look something like this:
This is a 12S4P setup using 6S 10AH Multistars for a 46V 40AH battery pack.
Obviously this is not the only way you can configure things, and I am currently using the same harness in an 18S2P (67V 20AH) set-up in my Stealth Fighter.

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled Leaf motor @ 5KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. Battery = 20AH, 72V LiPo.

BikeE recumbent commuter - Golden motor, 6Fet Infineon, 20AH 12S LiPo, with on-board solar charging.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 11, 2016 5:49 am

To make it easier for those new to using a harness like this, I've put together a little usage guide.

This should help people understand how best to use and not use one of these harnesses.

A PDF of the guide is attached, however I'll also place it inline below for those who don't want to download/open the PDF, but be aware that the formatting doesn't really make a whole lot of sense when copied/pasted like this.
LiPo Wiring harness usage guide
Your LiPo wiring harness allows for very large amounts of electricity to flow. This is great for high power applications as well as potentially dangerous if mishandled or incorrectly used.

If unsure of any connection, polarity, orientation or otherwise, always triple check things before proceeding. Also remember, it never hurts to do a quick online search to confirm you are doing things right, but it can hurt if you get it wrong!

If you are really not sure, ASK, either by PM, or generally on the ES forum.

Following are some common do and do not scenarios that should be followed at all times.
Do’s and Do nots
• Always ensure individual batteries are charged to the same level (voltage) prior to connecting to the harness. • Never connect batteries charged to different levels as it results in large current flows that can lead to fire!
• Triple check battery and harness connectors match polarity prior to connecting. • Do not attempt to change connector polarity if it does not match. A new harness can be made to meet your requirements.
• Periodically visually inspect connections, and insulation for any sign of wear or exposed wire. • Do not attempt to repair any wear and tear unless confident in doing so.
• Ensure harness wiring is not overly loose or likely to be unplugged by bumps or vibrations. • Never cram, compress, squash or tightly wrap the harness to move it out of the way. A custom sized harness can be made to suit unique requirements.
• Ensure harness is not pulled tight and can comfortably reach to the length required. If a longer harness is needed this can be custom made. • Do not hang or dangle batteries by the harness plugs/connectors. The connectors are not designed to support this weight.
• If running currents higher than 100A continuous, monitor harness temperature and ventilate if necessary. • Take care not to thermally insulate the harness/batteries, particularly in hot weather.
• For currents higher than 150A continuous, ventilation is strongly recommended. • Do not run high currents exceeding the specifications of your batteries.

Be aware the weakest link in your system is now no longer you’re wiring harness and enjoy the power your harness lets you use.
Cheers
Attachments
LiPo Wiring harness usage guide.pdf
(328.24 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 11, 2016 10:24 pm

I converted the PDF to an image so I can post it here how it's meant to look:

Cheers

Emmett
1 kW
1 kW

Post by Emmett » Oct 12, 2016 5:54 pm

These wires work and are great quality.

LiPo brick batteries with this harness have transformed the range and power capabilities of my Stealth Fighter.

Compared to my stock 2014 battery, I can fit nearly double the energy in the frame compartment compartment space.

The price of the harness is small compared to the batteries, and the batteries cost 50 to 25% of what'd I'd need to pay for any equivalent 18650 based pack.

I can easily choose a 50 or 75V battery combo, depending on what I think my different motors like best.

Not having a battery management system is no problem at all. I simply monitor voltage to learn my range and back off the power if required. Running the balance leads to the head of the frame is pretty easy. My Hobby King multistar batteries have remained near perfectly balanced so far after 5 bulk charges.

When newer battery bricks become available I can upgrade easy. Likewise if one pack began to weaken, then swapping it out is quick and cheap.

Thanks CD!
Last edited by Emmett on Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks Emmett!

You rightly point out the flexibility of using these harnesses.

The harness below was just sold and is being shipped off to London today:

This harness enables up to 5 series linked groups of batteries to be connected. If the user wants to use just 2, 3 or 4 series links they can easily just not use the extra series link harness sections until needed.

Cheers

liamcaff
10 kW
10 kW

Post by liamcaff » Oct 12, 2016 7:40 pm

and how much is that harness shipped to EU? - looks great btw

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 12, 2016 7:51 pm

liamcaff wrote:and how much is that harness shipped to EU? - looks great btw
I charge $50 AUD for shipping international, about 34 Euro at today rates.

I could charge more....the actual postage for the harness above was $53 AUD, but I like to make it simple and flat rate for all.

Cheers

liamcaff
10 kW
10 kW

Post by liamcaff » Oct 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Cowardlyduck wrote:
liamcaff wrote:and how much is that harness shipped to EU? - looks great btw
I charge $50 AUD for shipping international, about 34 Euro at today rates.

I could charge more....the actual postage for the harness above was $53 AUD, but I like to make it simple and flat rate for all.

Cheers
Ok and whats the cost of a 20s4p harness made from 4mm bullets (for HK 4s Lipo packs)

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 12, 2016 10:26 pm

liamcaff wrote:Ok and whats the cost of a 20s4p harness made from 4mm bullets (for HK 4s Lipo packs)
To make 20S from 4S LiPo bricks you would need 5 series links. Same as in the photo above, but with 4mm bullets. All harnesses are 4p.

That would be:
1X main harness (2S) with 4mm connectors - $85AUD
4X series links with 4mm bullets - $160AUD
1X Main discharge connector - $10
Shipping to EU - $50AUD
Total = $305AUD (approx 208 Euro)

If your keen, PM me to let me know the main discharge plug you need.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 13, 2016 5:35 am

Here it is ready to go if your keen. Just need to add main discharge connector of your choice. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jan 24, 2017 5:07 am

***Edit***

Prices raised back to original levels to continue to make this effort worth my while.

Cheers
Last edited by Cowardlyduck on Sep 29, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 06, 2017 6:03 am

Hi guy's

In case anyone's wondering, I am still making these. :)
It seems most of my orders are customized in some form these days.
I recently sent these harnesses down to Melbourne to become the base of a robot being built for a final year uni project:
These were built as 1S8P and 1S7P, XT60 to Andersons SB50 and I also made a 2P Andersons to XT60 for charging.

And this harness is about to shipped off to the UK tomorrow.
This is a 6S4P 5.5mm bullet to XT150 harness with an XT150 charging connector.

As always I'm more than happy to work with anyone in figuring out what they need for their build.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 24, 2017 7:38 am

Hi guy's,

Just a reminder I can do quite a variety of custom work. Case in point is this 400A capable harness just sent off to the US this week:

This 4S6P harness has 6AWG wire, RC Pro Plus series links and Anderson's SB175 (for comparison, see the usual black SB50 charging connector just below the SB175's) and is going to be used on a very powerful Go Kart.

Cheers

Eurotrash
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Eurotrash » Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

20s6p go kart

Let me start by saying: Working with Blake was a trouble free experience from start to finish.

From the beginning, he asked all the right questions to know exactly what I wanted, and recommended things that I have found very useful.

He answered all the questions I had regarding my batteries, wiring, charging, etc with very timely responses.

He was spot on with harness cost, and shipping was much quicker than expected. The harness is made with high quality wire, connectors and crimps. As an added benefit, everything is totally modular, so I can series another pack of batteries if I wish. Using this setup, I can also replace packs individually if I have one fail.

I plan to build another kart soon and hope to have Blake build the harness. As I said, working with him was great. Thanks again!