Just finished a DIY lithium battery book

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
mlt34   100 kW

100 kW

Just finished a DIY lithium battery book

Post by mlt34 » Mar 26 2017 11:58am

I've been working on writing a book detailing the process of building DIY batteries for a long time, and I've finally finished it. Below are some pictures from the contents. I just got it listed on Amazon and wanted to make a free download coupon for the ebook version to give to the ES community and my EbikeSchool.com followers, but Amazon apparently doesn't let you make a kindle book free without jumping through a lot of hoops, including signing over your book rights to them. So the best I could do was make it $0.99 for a few days and only tell ES folks. I hope this book will be a useful resource to the community, and even though I had intended to distribute it with a free coupon code to ESers, hopefully 99 cents isn't too much of a burden to anyone. In a few days it will go up to full price, so if you want the cheap copy, chop chop. Also, you don't need a kindle to read it - Amazon has a free app for phones and computers to read kindle ebooks.

Thanks for your support of my work in the past everyone, and I hope you all enjoy this book if you ever plan on building your own battery (or just want to learn what goes into it).

Book link: http://a.co/ibnVGz9

Are you planning your first electric bicycle conversion? I wrote a book that teaches beginners everything they need to know about building their own ebike.
Then I wrote the book (literally) on building custom lithium batteries.
I also write for EbikeSchool.com, a site that does mainly how-to style articles and other informational write-ups. Check out our youtube channel for great how-to battery building videos.
Lastly, I run www.Vruzend.com, which sells solderless 18650 battery kits, 18650 cells, li-ion chargers, BMSs and more!

Matador   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Just finished a DIY lithium battery book

Post by Matador » Mar 26 2017 12:15pm

Awsome man ! Just bought a copy.

mlt34   100 kW

100 kW

Post by mlt34 » Mar 26 2017 1:01pm

Matador wrote:Awsome man ! Just bought a copy.
Thank you, I'm glad you're finding it helpful. And thanks for the nice review, I really appreciate it! :D
Are you planning your first electric bicycle conversion? I wrote a book that teaches beginners everything they need to know about building their own ebike.
I also write for EbikeSchool.com, a site that does mainly how-to style articles and other informational write-ups. Check out our youtube channel for great how-to battery building videos.
Lastly, I run www.Vruzend.com, which sells solderless 18650 battery kits, 18650 cells, li-ion chargers, BMSs and more!

brumbrum   100 kW

100 kW

Post by brumbrum » Mar 26 2017 4:33pm

Hi, i did not see this thread and made another thread (in the battery section of the forum)) about the great deal for the ebook version. Just purchased mine and have been reading this evening.
A Big thankyou for taking time out to create this. A very noble gesture to the community for pricing the ebook so low. :D
My NYX and cromotor build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615
My LMX 161 dirt bike build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94074

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Mar 26 2017 4:59pm

Nice! I just bought me a kindle version. I will be sure to get the hard copy as well.

Is this your first published book, if so congratulations man. Writing a book is one thing. Getting book published is a whole new ball game. Especially for that very first book. Respect.

mxer   1 kW

1 kW

Post by mxer » Mar 28 2017 8:23am

Wow!!..Thanks just bought.

mlt34   100 kW

100 kW

Post by mlt34 » Mar 28 2017 11:45am

Thank you all for your support! I put a lot of effort into this book and I'm glad that it's getting such positive feedback.
macribs wrote:Nice! I just bought me a kindle version. I will be sure to get the hard copy as well.

Is this your first published book, if so congratulations man. Writing a book is one thing. Getting book published is a whole new ball game. Especially for that very first book. Respect.
Believe it or not, this is actually my second book. I wrote my first book three years ago or so. Neither were an easy process, but this one went smoother. And this time I designed the cover myself after realizing I just paid someone $200 last time to do in photoshop what I could do as well...

ohzee   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ohzee » Mar 29 2017 12:23am

Grabbed a hard copy. Knowing mlt it will be money well spent and I can even lend it out to friends.

c-roots   100 µW

100 µW

Post by c-roots » Apr 10 2017 9:50pm

Ditto!

Congrats and thanks for your contributions.

mlt34   100 kW

100 kW

Post by mlt34 » Apr 11 2017 3:08am

c-roots wrote:Ditto!

Congrats and thanks for your contributions.
Of course! I started by absorbing ebike info from this forum like a sponge. Now that I've put in enough years and experience to actually have something to contribute, it's my pleasure to do so!