I have attached your battery pack pic on your behalf. There is a bit of a size limit here.
Thank you for the kind words. I do agree that one batch was not upto the mark but the bright side is that it made us up our game. Infact every problem we face, we try to analyse it and really make efforts to improve it. Like just on the previous page, page 18 we have uploaded a detailed reply highlighting this issue and how the new caps are such an improvement.
Hell yeah we did try. The new electrode sits flat against the cell terminal so the maximum surface area is in contact with the cell electrode. It does not go any further than this point. I mean you cannot push your cell into the V2 beyond a certain point and that point is where the cell terminal sits dead flat against internal contact. The stopper does not let the internal contact bend at an angle. So now the whole internal contact is touching the cell terminal instead of just a part of it or a small point. So now if you have a connection there is no doubt its going to be a good connection. Also the new caps V1.5 and V2 make assembly and connection a lot lot easier. Especially the V2 having the stopper makes it a cake walk.
Also due to the stopper the new contact now bounces back up to its initial position. So its a lot lot more springier too.
This reminds me, the V1.5 (spring steel kit) is going to see an upgrade too in the coming months.
Coming back, now using a spring in between did not guarantee the contact sitting flat against the cell electrode and the spring will face some wear and tear, though it wont be a path of energy flow but it will see a lot of movement. What we realized was that the new contact will be a lot more durable and offer better performance than including a spring in between.
Believe me, it was really not easy making the V2. Its not like we throw the spring steel contact out and just replace with copper contacts. We did that and the performance was not satisfactory and there were a few issues too. It was evident its going to take a lot more than just switching the material. Also the present version of the kits kept us on our toes. As I stated earlier this is like the third version for the original kits. Change of bolts-Change of colour-Change of Polymer-One more update in a few months.
Also there was plenty more going on behind the scenes so it did take us some time, longer than it should have, but the results are good, real good. We will have the final numbers in any day now.
Did you guys know we sponsor a race team now!! MLT34 will be covering more on this
We did take your advice. Have attached a few pics of a probable prototype packing. Packs will be for 10 cells and 30 cells. The pic is of the 10 cell pack.
We are sorry for taking a bit long to reply to comments here. But we will be a lot more regular with updates now.
- V2 prototype booster pack 1.jpeg (51.59 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
- V2 prototype booster pack 2.jpeg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 1322 times