DIY assembly kit for 18650 without spot welding/Soldering

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
VRUZEND
100 mW
100 mW

Re: DIY assembly kit for 18650 without spot welding/Soldering

Post by VRUZEND » Jan 14, 2018 2:15 am

Hello All,

We have recently compiled an assembly guide which I am attaching with this post.

Its advice-able to refer to it while assembling your pack.

The V2s will be out shortly either by the end of this month or first week of Feb. Will be giving all the details then.

As for making huge packs, one can make smaller sub modules and then slide in those modules to make a single pack.

As for making sure all the cells have made contact, do refer the attached document. 2 methods have been explained.

No matter what the trouble may be always feel free to contact us. We will make sure to extend all help and assistance.

Thank you all.
Cheers!
Attachments
Vruzend assembly steps.pdf
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

mlt34
100 kW
100 kW

Re: DIY assembly kit for 18650 without spot welding/Soldering

Post by mlt34 » Jan 14, 2018 4:55 am

The caps are designed to be quite tight, as its better to err on the side of they staying put even in conditions of extreme vibrations. The downside of the tight fit is that it is more difficult to remove them, but using the metal ruler method described a few pages back is a good method. This is also another reason that it is recommended to start with a smaller pack of approximately 5-7 cells wide for the first pack, until you get the hang of it. The Vruzend caps are quite easy to use, but because they are so unique, it can take a pack or two to get used to using them and for it to become second nature. I'm now regularly building packs with them, popping these suckers on and off at a whim, but In the beginning, it's a whole new world compared to spot welding or soldering so it is quite foreign at the beginning. Hopefully Vruzend support was able to help you, and I'm happy to help if I can.
Are you planning your first electric bicycle conversion? I wrote a book that teaches beginners everything they need to know about building their own ebike.
Then I wrote the book (literally) on building custom lithium batteries.
I also write for EbikeSchool.com, a site that does mainly how-to style articles and other informational write-ups. Check out our youtube channel for great how-to battery building videos.
Lastly, I run www.Vruzend.com, which sells solderless 18650 battery kits, 18650 cells, li-ion chargers, BMSs and more!