N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Feb 11 2019 10:45am

I have made very simple survey and if people who purchased parts or kits from me, could spend 1 minute of their time to fill it in i would appreciate it. I would appreciate unbiased, good or bad.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RJSMM3Y

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Mar 01 2019 5:17am

This summer might bring new modules. 21700 and 20700 has no no solder solution so i am investing in tooling to get this covered. Here are some teaser photos on size comparison between 21700 and 18650:

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MJSfoto1956   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 583
Joined: Jul 28 2010 9:28pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by MJSfoto1956 » Mar 01 2019 7:42am

agniusm wrote:
Mar 01 2019 5:17am
This summer might bring new modules. 21700 and 20700 has no no solder solution so i am investing in tooling to get this covered. Here are some teaser photos on size comparison between 21700 and 18650:
That certainly would be unique and differentiate you from the crowd.

M

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Apr 30 2019 12:20pm

I will be offering new service. Anyone ordering at www.18650.lt will be able to order custom parts needed for the builds. I will not offer design service but rather printing service. As an example you might need custom enclosure or bracket and you have designed it so to save on shipping and looking at different 3d printing services you could just order everything in one place with your battery kit. Here is an example. Long channel for balance wires and pcm enclosure on 10S pack with 3 wire pcm so its all nice and tidy and protected:
Image

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » May 21 2019 8:01am

All files have been updated and uploaded to thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/1865o/designs
Now includes separated module component files

john61ct   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1099
Joined: Dec 18 2018 2:06pm

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by john61ct » May 21 2019 3:27pm

Fantastic contribution to the open-hardware maker's movement, on behalf of the community, thanks a lot!

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » May 24 2019 6:07am

Insulation pads are now added to the shop

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8818
Joined: Jan 10 2010 1:40pm
Location: Dana Point So. Cal

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by 999zip999 » May 24 2019 6:54am

Strong Product. You are as good as E.S. gets thank you . As home grown .Thatta boy.

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » May 24 2019 8:21am

999zip999 wrote:
May 24 2019 6:54am
Strong Product. You are as good as E.S. gets thank you . As home grown .Thatta boy.
Thanks, but there are far greater people here than me ;)

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8818
Joined: Jan 10 2010 1:40pm
Location: Dana Point So. Cal

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by 999zip999 » May 25 2019 10:00pm

That's true. But you make it happen.
Doing.
And we're so lucky to have so much knowledge on E.S.

User avatar
neptronix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13922
Joined: Jun 15 2010 5:56pm
Location: California refugee living in Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by neptronix » Jun 04 2019 11:07am

What would you estimate that a reasonable continuous amperage per individual cell connection / per module would be with 21700's? I'm imagining that these kinds of cells have a larger surface area and the resulting cell holder will probably take more amps than the 18650 holder..

I may sign up to be your test hamster for the 21700 kits, if you make them in a 4P or 5P configuration. It would solve a big problem i have.
Efficiency is everything :bolt:

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Jun 04 2019 2:02pm

neptronix wrote:
Jun 04 2019 11:07am
What would you estimate that a reasonable continuous amperage per individual cell connection / per module would be with 21700's? I'm imagining that these kinds of cells have a larger surface area and the resulting cell holder will probably take more amps than the 18650 holder..

I may sign up to be your test hamster for the 21700 kits, if you make them in a 4P or 5P configuration. It would solve a big problem i have.
All the sizes will be up for grabs, 2P through to 8P.
I dont think there are cells to cap my system yet. I have driven vtc5a 6P at ~200A down to flat with minor heating on the tabs(probably mainly cell radiayed) so thats 33A per cell. I would imagine increased tab size will result in 10-15% gain in throughoutput but as i said, i have tested 6P at 200A and i think i could of went 300A continues if i had capable cell. I have sent couple 8P modules to liveforphysics to evaluate, so in time he might be able to torture them harder if time permits.
I have finished my cargo bike and i am pushing 200A peaks. I have 20S7P vtc6 and you can feel them warming up

User avatar
neptronix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13922
Joined: Jun 15 2010 5:56pm
Location: California refugee living in Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by neptronix » Jun 04 2019 3:04pm

Awesome :mrgreen:

I am only looking for 60A peak and about 10A per cell peak. Sounds like your connections have things handled.

I look forward to getting some of the first 21700 units from you. Great to hear that you can buy them in any configuration. This solves a big problem for me, as my bike needs an uncommon size pack. And i like the serviceability of the modular battery pack idea ( i liked RC Lipo for the same reason! )
Efficiency is everything :bolt:

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

Fastassmotors   10 W

10 W
Posts: 77
Joined: Jul 10 2018 12:09am

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by Fastassmotors » Jun 25 2019 1:51pm

agniusm wrote:
Jun 04 2019 2:02pm
neptronix wrote:
Jun 04 2019 11:07am
What would you estimate that a reasonable continuous amperage per individual cell connection / per module would be with 21700's? I'm imagining that these kinds of cells have a larger surface area and the resulting cell holder will probably take more amps than the 18650 holder..

I may sign up to be your test hamster for the 21700 kits, if you make them in a 4P or 5P configuration. It would solve a big problem i have.
All the sizes will be up for grabs, 2P through to 8P.
I dont think there are cells to cap my system yet. I have driven vtc5a 6P at ~200A down to flat with minor heating on the tabs(probably mainly cell radiayed) so thats 33A per cell. I would imagine increased tab size will result in 10-15% gain in throughoutput but as i said, i have tested 6P at 200A and i think i could of went 300A continues if i had capable cell. I have sent couple 8P modules to liveforphysics to evaluate, so in time he might be able to torture them harder if time permits.
I have finished my cargo bike and i am pushing 200A peaks. I have 20S7P vtc6 and you can feel them warming up
I am interested in buying something to make a 20s7p

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Jun 27 2019 3:46pm

Just had this email from a customer, thought i'd share:

"Hey buddy. Thought id let you know that your battery holders are explosive safe. Put a battery in backwards a thermal runaway came so quick I barely had time to get it in the protection bag I use but after explosion almost no damage to the unit."

"Very cool though. Well that's our way of saying very interesting. I had my foot on the bag and felt the explosion. Then I looked and the other one was ready to blow so i stomped on the bag ag but it just seemed to release pressure through a hole in the side. Very exciting though. Thank you for building a great product"

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Jun 27 2019 3:47pm

I want to replicate above "test" so video might follow :D

okashira   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 957
Joined: Nov 17 2014 6:45pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by okashira » Jun 30 2019 7:58pm

Just ordered €242 worth.
Will be very useful for when I want to make some temporary packs and reconfigure later.
"Peace out - I'm done."
-- Bernhard Riemann, 1859

edisonmotors.net
Tesla Model S 18650 cells - like new - and custom packs from Tesla cells for sale. Any shape Any power Any capacity.
PM me or search my threads.

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Jul 01 2019 1:20am

okashira wrote:
Jun 30 2019 7:58pm
Just ordered €242 worth.
Will be very useful for when I want to make some temporary packs and reconfigure later.
You can make permanent packs as well 😉 😀

john61ct   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1099
Joined: Dec 18 2018 2:06pm

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by john61ct » Jul 01 2019 6:57am

Nothing in the universe is permanent

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Jul 01 2019 9:31am

john61ct wrote:
Jul 01 2019 6:57am
Nothing in the universe is permanent
...in a humanly sense. If its for a lifetime or most of it, we can call it permanent :)

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Aug 10 2019 2:59pm

Test fitted 21700 NESE module. All looks good. Loaded with samsung 4ah cells comes at 715g.

Image

Now we are offering option of lower profile fasteners. 5.7mm down to 2.7mm to fit in those tight spaces.
Modules will be available for purchase late next week

User avatar
neptronix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13922
Joined: Jun 15 2010 5:56pm
Location: California refugee living in Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by neptronix » Aug 12 2019 7:24pm

Image
Efficiency is everything :bolt:

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

whereswally606   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1124
Joined: Jun 19 2011 2:11pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by whereswally606 » Aug 13 2019 8:22am

are you going to register 21700.lt ?

quick before some one camps on it.
Distributing "Lebowski" FOC Controller PCB (Through hole) since 2016
Moped: Emax 110s 2009

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Aug 13 2019 9:58am

I'll take it as a joke. No, not gonna make a mess :)
Its not going to be a big thing i predict. Nice addition but nothing major.

P.S. Or maybe i shoud? :lol:

User avatar
agniusm   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2353
Joined: Apr 16 2011 3:06pm
Location: Lithuania, Zarasai
Contact:

Re: N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Post by agniusm » Aug 14 2019 7:37am

So 21700 hardware is here and is available starting today. Complete modules are on demand as i have to build stock and evaluate what products are main-sellers.
On this occasion 10% discount for one month. Use 21700 code when purchasing.
21700 modules will use 21700 series bus bars when mounted back to back (surface with the greatest are) or 18650 series bus bars when mounted side to side (mostly on flat scateboard builds), or combination of the two.
This will eventually be fixed and 21700 modules will use 21700 series bus bars in any orientation.

Post Reply