Hello everyone - to start - my apologies. Stealth question

Striker

1 µW
Hey everyone,

I've been stalking the site on and off for about 7 years.

Despite having done that - I'm still pretty lost as to the last parts to build my dream bike.

I figured I'd do research for another month but my frame, front & back wheel are in:

Frame: stealth clone - eBay
Suspension: usd 8 by dnm
Cromotor from Dingus
72v Lyen Controller
Heavy Duty MTB wheel

The questionable items I'm looking at order are:

Batteries:
72v - undecided
Either Tesla (okashira - if I get a response)
or Jehu Garcias hookup on eBay.

Charger - / BMS - Clueless

Sprocket & Crankarms - no ide

Brakes - probably from lyen

Throttle - probably from Lyen

Also still need:

Disc brakes?
Pedals

Rear suspension - dnm 210mm rear shock

Again- sorry.

Stupid noob questions.

I've just looked and looked and I'm sure it's buried there.

If you've got a minute - any advice / things I'm missing - PLEASE

Feel free to let me know.

I'm always down to buy off here as - you guys know best.

Been dreaming of this since I had a paper route lol

Thanks everyone on endless sphere.

Nick

Why bother with pedals? The bike is too fat and heavy and too fast for them to do you any good.

Footpegs. It's a motorcycle.

thats a big fast bike for someone with little experience most people start off small and upgrade over time as they get used to the speed the difference between a 20mph ebike and a 50mph+ ebike is alot and takes some getting used to i have had people that ride motobikes flip them self of my bike and its not even close to the power you will have

It is going to be a heavy washing machine on wheels... 72v 50a is not too much power when its hauling 400lbs

Pedals are optional at this point. Your wide steel ebike frame will be akward to pedal and wont help you much at all in terms of effeciency but its up to you if you want them, some people like to ghost pedal for exercise or to make the bike seem legit/legal in front of cops.

The battery will be a big choice you either need a lot of heavy 18650 with a nice bms or a 16ah or larger mulistar lipo pack to get you out riding. You can use 18s or 20s

Throttle who cares they are all about $7 now choose one you are comfortable with. My first few years i used a vertical thumb throttle and it worked, now i use half twist. But own a few horizontal thumb throttles.

skeetab5780 said:
It is going to be a heavy washing machine on wheels... 72v 50a is not too much power when its hauling 400lbs

Pedals are optional at this point. Your wide steel ebike frame will be akward to pedal and wont help you much at all in terms of effeciency but its up to you if you want them, some people like to ghost pedal for exercise or to make the bike seem legit/legal in front of cops.

The battery will be a big choice you either need a lot of heavy 18650 with a nice bms or a 16ah or larger mulistar lipo pack to get you out riding. You can use 18s or 20s

Throttle who cares they are all about $7 now choose one you are comfortable with. My first few years i used a vertical thumb throttle and it worked, now i use half twist. But own a few horizontal thumb throttles.

3600w is an easy 35mph on a 400lb load ( i know that 2kw will take 300lb at 32mph easy )

all i am saying is that amount of power for someone thats not used to it can be dangerous and is illegal in most places at the minimum i would suggest that you turn the settings down untill you are used to how it handles because one you go up from 25 even a 1 second lapse in concentration can cause an RTA

I remember being 12 years old and learning to ride a kx60 that has way more power. Its just as illegal and dangerous depending on where you ride it, but it hasnt stopped people from doing it for the last 100 years. Just because its electric doesnt mean we have to tell everyone its scary...just use caution and watch lukes "now you know the bike is dangerous" video first

skeetab5780 said:
I remember being 12 years old and learning to ride a kx60 that has way more power. Its just as illegal and dangerous depending on where you ride it, but it hasnt stopped people from doing it for the last 100 years. Just because its electric doesnt mean we have to tell everyone its scary...just use caution and watch lukes "now you know the bike is dangerous" video first

bikes that have a narrow power band and a clutch are so different to an electric bike as they have tork from 0rpm and its so easy to flip yourself off or lift the front wheel coming out of a corner i have seen no info about the op ever haveing a go on a high powered ebike and i dont think it looks that good on this forum or ebikers if someone kills or seriously harms them self or others its always going to be best to start low and turn the settings up as you get used to it

i have over 70,000 miles on ebikes this year i have done 2696.2 miles so far normaly its way higher by now but 6 weeks off from a broken hand and it was cold and wet alot lol

Zach and skeet,

Now I have ridden an "ebike" for a few years. A 500w ebike I bought back in 2012.

Haha I'm just now remember how much heavier it was and unbalanced compared to a regular bike.

Also super awkward to pedal.

Also had a moped - and I did realize the ebike had much more torque.

I appreciate the words of wisdom Zach - definitely a good point.

This is a big deal - a loaded gun in a sense.

I'm definitely looking at this thing like a motorcycle / dirt bike.

Anyways - you guys are worried about me riding this bike but....what about the theoretical 2000 children hit by cars every year.

I've got a helmet. Planning on pads as well.

I'm kinda nervous about riding it now... which is a good thing I'm sure.

I just wanna get it down before summers over!

Pedals would be there for the cops in town.

I'd like to be able to adjust my controller with a switch or something - so I could flip it down
To a legal limit.

I may start out at a lower voltage - any suggestions here?

Was thinking about a 3 or 4 multistar 12000mah 6s batteries from hobby king and then a few y splitters.

Doooo I have any idea what I'm talking about lol?

Thanks everyone for the help - I'm addicted to this thread!

No BS - everyone's looing out for each other.

It's got great commaraderre!

Anyways Thanks Again,

Nick

best bet is to just program the controller to a low power level and up it as you get used to each power start at around 750w and go up 750w each time (1hp each time) but there will be times you go up to early and scare yourself we have all done that normally its a pothole / going to fast for the terrain or the front wheel lifts at a bad time

when we are out on our bikes people that have never seen an ebike up close will decide if they like them or not and its in our best interests to set a good example so that ebikes are not seen in a negative way people getting hert or killed is bad but its also the legal precedent that could get set thats also a factor

Back