Because a few people requested this feature, we are adding the following via a software update in the next few days:
- 0 to 30 acceleration time measurement
- 0 to 60 acceleration time measurement
Voltage sag and amp peak measurement functions are also moved from the app to the module. That means you don't have to run the app to track those and it will always be available once you connect the phone.
This is a sneak peek of the NAV integration that's coming in the next version of the app. Even though modules sell very well as is, we wanted to add a bit extra as a thank you for our early supporters that helped and continue help making this project a success.
Some feature highlights:
- Navigation function (obviously);
- Power consumption and regeneration gauge;
- Speedo (pickup from halls, sensor via BT module, not GPS);
- Trip distance counter;
- State of charge and range left;
- Charge and range left upon arrival to destination.
Suggestions are welcome what other info you would like to see on this screen. The regular dashboard is still available and switchable with a swipe on the screen. I wanted to keep the NAV screen as clean as possible but open to suggestions.
- Day and night color theme are added for improved visibility and readability. Three selections are available: Day, Night, or Auto.
Day and Night will manually switch the color scheme you like and Auto will select color scheme automagically based on the ambient light.
- Voltage sag and Max Amps now available on both Android and iOS.
- Dashboard is tweaked a bit to give it a cleaner look.
Starting May 1, 2018, all BT modules are external for ease of use. Plug and play with CA connectors. More details to come soon.
Here is the connection diagram for now:
Voltage MIN and Amp MAX are now added. Sounds like it was a critical feature to have for some people, so, there you have it.
Both iOS and Android versions have been updated - please make sure to pull the latest build from the App Store or Google Play.
What is added or changed:
- Bluetooth module firmware update is now implemented. This is a big one as it now opens up possibilities to quickly push updates and fixes to already deployed modules right from within the app. If an update is available for your device, it will pop up in Settings section. Only modules with dashboard made after Sept 2017 support this functionality.
- Fixed error "Input data string is incorrect format" when a non-English language is selected;
- Bluetooth auto reconnection logic Improved;
- Temperature scale switch is now a standalone setting;
- Gear reduction ratio setting is added for speed calculations.
A couple of minor enhancements:
- Temperature scale (Centigrade/Fahrenheit) is now a separate setting (does not depend on unit setting);
- Gear ratio setting is added for speed calculations. This would be useful for middrives and other non-direct-drive motor setups.