Smartphone EV trip dashboard + NAV - Android/iOS - $119

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Re: Smartphone EV trip dashboard - Android/iOS - $99

Post by madin88 » Sep 02 2017 8:07am

Powervelocity.com wrote: - Battery pack charge status monitoring
Is the state of charge based on the voltage curve of given battery chemistry (like the CA features), or does it work differnt?
What's planned or considered for future implementation:
- 2x temperature monitoring inputs;
do the modules already have the two temperature inputs hardware-sided?
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Sep 03 2017 1:24am

Right now, SoC is calculated based on voltage but can be changed to other methods via software update.
The hardware needed for temperature measurements is already in place.
madin88 wrote: Is the state of charge based on the voltage curve of given battery chemistry (like the CA features), or does it work differnt?

do the modules already have the two temperature inputs hardware-sided?

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Sep 08 2017 8:44pm

Zip just ask your question ! Can it ajust amp demand from controller ? Looking to hook it up to an edge 1,500 watt motor 35mm aluminum stator.

Ok battery current is amps ? .I don't fully understand phase current except for must be divided in threes as a three phase motor ?

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Sep 09 2017 11:26am

999zip999 wrote: Ok battery current is amps ? .I don't fully understand phase current except for must be divided in threes as a three phase motor ?
no, it must not be devided by 3, thats a misunderstanding.
see it like this:
if you have for instance 100V and 10A on the battery side, the controller could turn this into 10V and 100A on the motor side
if you accelerate, the controller will usually first operate at phase current limit, than in battery amp limit and than hopefully no more limit.
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

OV_   10 mW

10 mW

Post by OV_ » Sep 21 2017 3:57pm

Nice work! Sent u pm.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Oct 03 2017 2:21pm

Powervelocity.com wrote:Overheat protection is being added shortly via the software update.
thats great
will the dashboard (main screen) show the temperature than? what about the motor temperature?

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 03 2017 3:07pm

Yeah, of course. What's the point of monitoring temperature, if you can't see it? ;)
Both temp gauges are on the dash.

The secondary temperature input is wired outside, so you can connect any termistor to it including motor, battery or ambient temperature probe.
madin88 wrote:
Powervelocity.com wrote:Overheat protection is being added shortly via the software update.
thats great
will the dashboard (main screen) show the temperature than? what about the motor temperature?

Jonathanr   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Jonathanr » Oct 15 2017 1:08am

I have two smartphones with android just collecting dust some have cracks but I knew there was a reason I bought the kits to fix them..I would use it only for this application. Suppurp Powervelocity.com I just bought a bike with NO Controller and NO Display. Just to buy by grear from you. Brill Brother.

My orders on the way....I got a Qulbix frame with a QS 8000w (273)

12fet 8kw should be okay...with alarm and supersiren haha.

Battery is LG 72v 42ah 3000mw

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 15 2017 11:48am

Well, for a qs273 motor, you wan to have a 24F controller and a battery that can output at least 100Amps.
I mean a 12F will work but you will be using 1/3 of what that monster motor can do.
Jonathanr wrote:I have two smartphones with android just collecting dust some have cracks but I knew there was a reason I bought the kits to fix them..I would use it only for this application. Suppurp Powervelocity.com I just bought a bike with NO Controller and NO Display. Just to buy by grear from you. Brill Brother.

My orders on the way....I got a Qulbix frame with a QS 8000w (273)

12fet 8kw should be okay...with alarm and supersiren haha.

Battery is LG 72v 42ah 3000mw

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 18 2017 6:34pm

For Android users, if you have the app already installed, please uninstall and reinstall it from Google Play to ensure you are getting updates.
We had to pull the original version of the app from the google play, so if you had that one installed, no updates will be available. This is one time thing and will not need to be done in the future.

OV_   10 mW

10 mW

Post by OV_ » Oct 29 2017 3:37pm

Do u sell these to old customers? Would like to buy one and sent u few pm's...

tommy1212   10 mW

10 mW

Post by tommy1212 » Nov 01 2017 5:42am

Should we just be patient? I'm a new customer and was communicating through website email and you stopped answering for over a week now. I'm on the fence between this controller and sabvoton but I just need a lil faith lol.
Tommy
Powervelocity.com wrote:Yes, old and new. No one is left out.
OV_ wrote:Do u sell these to old customers? Would like to buy one and sent u few pm's...

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 01 2017 3:19pm

From personal experience: patience is a virtue.
I get lots of questions and emails every day. Chances are something may slip through the cracks. Feel free to ask here and I will try to respond promptly.

tommy1212 wrote:Should we just be patient? I'm a new customer and was communicating through website email and you stopped answering for over a week now. I'm on the fence between this controller and sabvoton but I just need a lil faith lol.
Tommy
OV_ wrote:Do u sell these to old customers? Would like to buy one and sent u few pm's...

tommy1212   10 mW

10 mW

Post by tommy1212 » Nov 01 2017 5:03pm

I'm patient compared to most New Yorkers lol. Will you be sending an invoice for my order? Are the items in stock? I was inquiring about 18f dual sensor controller with full app dash, breakers and bms. Just want to make sure the order is moving forward and how long you expect it to take.
Powervelocity.com wrote:From personal experience: patience is a virtue.
I get lots of questions and emails every day. Chances are something may slip through the cracks. Feel free to ask here and I will try to respond promptly.

tommy1212 wrote:Should we just be patient? I'm a new customer and was communicating through website email and you stopped answering for over a week now. I'm on the fence between this controller and sabvoton but I just need a lil faith lol.
Tommy

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 01 2017 6:13pm

Invoice is sent. All is in stock.
tommy1212 wrote:I'm patient compared to most New Yorkers lol. Will you be sending an invoice for my order? Are the items in stock? I was inquiring about 18f dual sensor controller with full app dash, breakers and bms. Just want to make sure the order is moving forward and how long you expect it to take.

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Nov 01 2017 6:45pm

I wish I could use this dashboard on my BBSHD. I'm sure it's possible, but would be a lot of work. Decoding the BBSHD data stream would be the first challenge. The Bluetooth dongle would plug into where the display normally goes and you would ditch the Bafang display.

Maybe next year....
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

tommy1212   10 mW

10 mW

Post by tommy1212 » Nov 01 2017 7:13pm

:D
Powervelocity.com wrote:Invoice is sent. All is in stock.
tommy1212 wrote:I'm patient compared to most New Yorkers lol. Will you be sending an invoice for my order? Are the items in stock? I was inquiring about 18f dual sensor controller with full app dash, breakers and bms. Just want to make sure the order is moving forward and how long you expect it to take.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 01 2017 9:16pm

The dashboard is designed to take current readings from shunt, voltage from battery positive, speed from hall sensors, and temperature from a thermoresitor. So, making it work would be as simple as soldering a few wires.
I haven't looked at Bafang protocol but if's just a serial data stream, even no soldering would be needed.
fechter wrote:I wish I could use this dashboard on my BBSHD. I'm sure it's possible, but would be a lot of work. Decoding the BBSHD data stream would be the first challenge. The Bluetooth dongle would plug into where the display normally goes and you would ditch the Bafang display.

Maybe next year....

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Nov 02 2017 9:49am

Yes, the Bafang controller sends a serial data stream to the display which already contains voltage, speed and current information. Display needs to send back serial data to the controller to change assist levels and some other programmable features. So I think you could do it with only software and an interface to the controller. The other thing the Bafang display does is the on/off function, which could be done with a simple switch.

The one thing that Bafang display doesn't have (but could easily have done) is an Ahr display so you have an accurate picture of your battery level. They use a voltage based system, but it is only good for 13s packs. I find it useless.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 02 2017 11:18am

So, it will be just a matter of documenting the communication protocol and implementing it in the app;. I might get to that a bit later.

PV app calculates Ah based on the current consumed in every single moment and then adding it all up. But I don't like using Ah as a power capacity metric because it can only be correctly interpreted in the context of voltage. Hence, very much misleading for most people. 20Ah at 12v is 4x less than 10Ah at 100v. Amount of power used or left in a battery must be described in units that are meant for it, like joules or most commonly kWhs.

fechter wrote:Yes, the Bafang controller sends a serial data stream to the display which already contains voltage, speed and current information. Display needs to send back serial data to the controller to change assist levels and some other programmable features. So I think you could do it with only software and an interface to the controller. The other thing the Bafang display does is the on/off function, which could be done with a simple switch.

The one thing that Bafang display doesn't have (but could easily have done) is an Ahr display so you have an accurate picture of your battery level. They use a voltage based system, but it is only good for 13s packs. I find it useless.