Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike group buy EU

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Re: Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike group buy EU

Post by Aebrennan » Nov 14 2017 5:38pm

I have thanked you in all my posts for the information provided by you.

I have not described the bike at all as I have never tested it.

I have communicated with the factory for months and copied relevant replies here for others who are interested.

I have no customers I am an enthusiast who prefers off road mid drive moto than non-legal pedal e-bike.

I do not sell bikes and I have no affiliation with the Sur-Ron brand other than being a customer.

I hope you experienced the unlucky prototype issues and the bikes are better than your reports.

I find it disappointing that after all your suggestions for improvements to the bike the company is possibly in denial or doesn’t care.
Until I have tried it myself I will not and have not passed judgment.

Clearly this bike is not for the Eu guys who want to use in public, maybe not everyone is like this?

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Nov 14 2017 5:46pm

Aebrennan wrote:I have thanked you in all my posts for the information provided by you.

I have not described the bike at all as I have never tested it.

I have communicated with the factory for months and copied relevant replies here for others who are interested.

I have no customers I am an enthusiast who prefers off road mid drive moto than non-legal pedal e-bike.

I do not sell bikes and I have no affiliation with the Sur-Ron brand other than being a customer.

I hope you experienced the unlucky prototype issues and the bikes are better than your reports.

I find it disappointing that after all your suggestions for improvements to the bike the company is possibly in denial or doesn’t care.
Until I have tried it myself I will not and have not passed judgment.

Clearly this bike is not for the Eu guys who want to use in public, maybe not everyone is like this?
thank you for letting us know. I also hope they will improve the bike in a moments I posted to them.. but they clearly are not interesed in feedback from us.. even not too hapy to replace a faulty battery. and if they will insure you in oposite - i will show here our conversation.. with that attitude they would close a company even before they managed to sell first bike.. I don't understand them sometimes.. but as I said not all the Chinese brands the same. I have absolutly amazing relationships with some companies, so it is not me who want to much I hope ) They are working on sinwave controller , but when they gonna get it - they dont know yet..

Merlin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Merlin » Nov 14 2017 7:22pm

is there any difference about the "test"- bike your rode in this video and the bike you have at home?

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Nov 14 2017 7:52pm

Merlin wrote:is there any difference about the "test"- bike your rode in this video and the bike you have at home?
They told they will change motor on our bike to a bigger one, maybe it would help. The rest is the same.

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Nov 23 2017 8:39am

they told me they might upgrade our bike with sinwave controller after a 2 month .. :-/ so no chance for a silent ebike till then. Or take a look on our existed mid drive :twisted:

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 10 2017 6:57am

Here is my video of the first test bikes in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBLHOI ... tion=share

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Dec 10 2017 9:53am

Aebrennan wrote:
Dec 10 2017 6:57am
Here is my video of the first test bikes in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBLHOI ... tion=share
thx for sharring. looks underpowered as for me :/

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 10 2017 1:13pm

mjar99   10 µW

10 µW

Post by mjar99 » Dec 10 2017 4:07pm

Looks great! Powerful!

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 5:36am

scrambler   100 W

100 W

Post by scrambler » Dec 11 2017 12:23pm

Just a constructive remark :)

As far as bringing info on the bike, I think the videos would be more useful if they were OF the bike being ridden, rather than of the bush in front of it.

As far as a video of the country side, it is nice though :)

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 2:37pm

Do you mean mount the camera on the front riders back to see the second bike in action?

Or do you want to see close proximity slow speed performance footage of the bike?

SlowCo   10 kW

10 kW

Post by SlowCo » Dec 11 2017 3:20pm

I don't think scrambler is aware that the bike you're following is also a Sur-Ron (if I'm not mistaken)?

scrambler   100 W

100 W

Post by scrambler » Dec 11 2017 3:32pm

I did see some footage of the bike, but what I meant is that most of the footage is of the landscape (from the bike), not the bike itself.

I personally like to see more of how the bike looks and behave in action across various trails and obstacles.
That of course does imply that you just don't film as you go, but you actually setup filming and let the bike come to you and go by as you film the action.
I do realize that requires more work and time.

Videos of the LMX bikes are usually a good illustration of what I mean.

In any case thank you for taking the time to provide these videos

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 3:50pm

Ok possibly.
The footage is of 2 60v sur-Ron bikes together.
I am 39 years old and my brother has not ridden dirt bikes before. I am in the all black gear, he is riding the bike most of these vids are shot from. I think we swap bikes halfway thru as the silver bike had the Usd moto style fork and the grey has the Rst mtb fork.
I had a cam on the front bike too but had a GoPro issue.
I hope that this helps.

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 4:00pm

Okay I understand what you mean now.
I love the Lmx vids too these are done by Lmx to promote their product.
I am just an Es member who likes to ride and as much as I agree with your idea I will only be riding these bikes as shown.
I have a very busy work/family life hence the convenience of the electric dirtbike.
I will do another walk around video with demonstration of the controls and batteries if you like, but I’m no photo shoot boy sorry 😐

scrambler   100 W

100 W

Post by scrambler » Dec 11 2017 4:03pm

Aebrennan wrote:
Dec 11 2017 4:00pm
Okay I understand what you mean now.
I love the Lmx vids too these are done by Lmx to promote their product.
I am just an Es member who likes to ride and as much as I agree with your idea I will only be riding these bikes as shown.
I have a very busy work/family life hence the convenience of the electric dirtbike.
I will do another walk around video with demonstration of the controls and batteries if you like, but I’m no photo shoot boy sorry 😐
No biggie, as I said we appreciate your time, and are happy to get videos :)

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Dec 11 2017 5:01pm

Aebrennan wrote:
Dec 11 2017 4:00pm
This is exactly the reason I first got into ebikes 10+ years ago. No where to ride dirt bikes and only a spare hour or 2 here and there, not a full day to pack up the trailer and head off bush.
I'll make some videos over the xmas break too showing more of the bike. I have to admit the parts of the vid I found the best where the last few seconds as you came to a stop and we could see the other bike :lol: It's always hard trying to judge things from fixed handlebar or helmet cams, and make that footage interesting. And as I've said a number of times before, you either go out for a ride and capture some footage along the way, or you go out with the express view to make a video, in which case you don't get alot of riding done. And bugger everyone else, right ? :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 5:09pm

Thanks for the backup Jay!

Maybe my European genes mixed with Aussie lifestyle shows my passion/arrogance.

Sorry to those I may have offended it is not intentional just a bit too honest.

gary   10 µW

10 µW

Post by gary » Dec 16 2017 3:32am

Bike arrived this week but seems to limited to 10 km/h. Sport or normal mode. I read something about some kind of speed limiter for legal reasons ?? Any ideas how to take this off ? The snow is melted right now so i like to take it outside for a test :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dingoEsride   100 kW

100 kW

Post by dingoEsride » Dec 16 2017 7:21am

Aebrennan wrote:
Dec 11 2017 5:09pm
Sorry to those I may have offended
Great videos Adam, you shouldn't have to apologize for contributing fun film, I'm a bit jealous that you have these fun bush tracks on your doorstep tho, enjoy
ride like the wind

Dez1   1 µW

1 µW

Post by Dez1 » Dec 18 2017 2:43pm

How can I get involved? Not too fused of I do a group buy or order direct from the factory. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

scrambler   100 W

100 W

Post by scrambler » Dec 18 2017 2:50pm

Dez1 wrote:
Dec 18 2017 2:43pm
How can I get involved? Not too fused of I do a group buy or order direct from the factory. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You may want to say where you are located

AccountMember   10 mW

10 mW

Post by AccountMember » Jan 11 2018 7:19pm

Is a EU groupbuy still going ahead its kinda confusing all the names on the google doc seem to be from elsewhere in this eu thread

SlowCo   10 kW

10 kW

Post by SlowCo » Jan 12 2018 9:53am

Artur wrote:
Oct 21 2017 12:33pm
Guys we are testing 60 v version bike for a week now. I will let you know on a next week the news. I hope they will do the changes we want (right now bike has many nessesary improvements) and will calculate the price. For now I can say price will be around 2600euro , shipping will be around 95euro for europe(100kg with wooden box), +19%VAT if you live in EU and you not buying it for company. Also we might do a street sertification (45km/h 4kw), around 400-500euro per bike.

I will start taking preorders in around 2 weeks. Sure you will get warranty from me as a distributor. I will do everything with my company in Munich.
Artur, have you already ordered any Sur-Ron "Fire Fly" bikes? If not, are you still planning on importing these?