[AUSTRALIA] Sur-Ron Light Bee / Fire Fly - Mid drive ebike

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Re: [AUSTRALIA] Sur-Ron Light Bee / Fire Fly - Mid drive ebike

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 08 2018 4:36am

Hey Mark

Im glad to hear we have another happy LIGHT BEE owner. I am yet to find anyone not love these bikes after riding them!

Be sure to post some pics/vids of what you get up to with it.
The battery range seems to be a hot topic too so please share your findings.

I have the next shipment sorted and will have good stock of spares too, I will have the option large rear sprockets with the next shipment so let me know if you want more torque?

Thankyou glad i could assist.
Adam

jackstokers   1 µW

1 µW

Post by jackstokers » Feb 08 2018 5:37am

hey everyone

im new to the forum but super keen to get on one of these sur rons. anyone living up near byron/tweed heads/gold coast? would love to see the unit in person and meet some of y'all!

take it easy

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 10 2018 9:30pm

Australian and New Zealand distribution website is now at aebikes.com.au

We can ship interstate or international.

Online store will be available soon for bikes, spare parts and all available optional accessories.

The next shipment is due to leave China this week so stock will be available to ship in 3 weeks based on the previous experience.

Thanks
Adam
A e-bikes
Sur-ron Australia

MontyRep   100 µW

100 µW

Post by MontyRep » Feb 12 2018 4:05am

Hi Adam could you please quote for Cost of bike and shipping to Sunshine Coast. Wifey is ok with purchase but needs a figure. Also cost if extra battery and spare front rear tyres Thanks

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 12 2018 5:44am

PM me your address and I will get you an definite freight quote.

I have 2 bikes going to Brisbane so I could only offer a ballpark figure at the moment.

Parts pricing is still to be confirmed but tyres should be $35 and 60V batteries $1250, this is subject to change in accordance with how much i get shafted at the ports with customs.

Adam

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 12 2018 6:13am

Pogo   1 µW

1 µW

Post by Pogo » Feb 13 2018 2:08am

Is there still group buy pricing available? I can't see where that actual price for the bike has been posted, is that possible?

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 13 2018 2:59am

PM Sent

MontyRep   100 µW

100 µW

Post by MontyRep » Feb 13 2018 5:10am

Hi Adam

Freight to Brisbane will be fine. I’ll grt it shipped to my mates place and pick up from there. Thanks for the parts pricing. Battery price is not to bad. !!

Can you pm me pricing for bike and the freight to south Brisbane Thanks.

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 13 2018 6:21am

PM Sent

MontyRep   100 µW

100 µW

Post by MontyRep » Feb 13 2018 10:42pm

Hi Adam

Was the pm sent to me as I can’t see it in the in box !! Thanks

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 13 2018 10:46pm

Sorry it went to a similar Nic Montyelk
I will resend now

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 14 2018 12:04am

PM Sent

MontyRep   100 µW

100 µW

Post by MontyRep » Feb 15 2018 2:27am

Thanks Adam. Got the pm.

thewall241   1 mW

1 mW

Post by thewall241 » Feb 15 2018 3:03am

What is the cost of the 60v shipped to nz? Cheers

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 15 2018 5:28pm

The next shipment of bikes for Australia will set sail today, ETA in Sydney is March 3rd.

I estimate that I will start sending out the bikes from the 8th March.

Until February 28 pre paid orders for 48v bikes are $4000 and 60v $4500 with 10a chargers.

From March the website online store will retail them for $4400 and $4950.

Limited availability whilst stocks last.

Full range of parts and accessories will be available as well.

Thanks
Adam

Pogo   1 µW

1 µW

Post by Pogo » Feb 16 2018 11:12pm

Has anyone had any negative experiences riding these or similar ebikes (ie greater than the legal 250w/with/without pedals) in national Parkes either from walkers, push-bike riders or rangers? I have been told that a lot the Parkes now have cameras as well. Anyone know the penalty? Warning? Fine? Bike confiscated?

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Feb 21 2018 2:40am

I have been trying a few different mods with my bikes in the last few months of ownership.

I began with flipping the bar stem and shuffling the spacers around to get a bit more bar height.,
Then I got a few different sets of riser bars (38mm rise)to try out to get more comfortable.

I also have fitted Dunlop MX71 tyres my Fastace equipped bike, these are heavy but grippier.

I have now been trialling a 26" front wheel on my RST equipped bike, which i have found awesome for single trails and bounce wheelies.
I am using a Halo SAS rim and Duro Wildlife 3" tyre as suggested by the LMX guys. (Im currently building a LMX161)

I will now be testing a 27.5" 40mm rim on my Fastace equipped bike, as it doesnt have the lower crown and allows a taller rim.

The bar height is now at 1100mm and feels nice. The tyre is 100mm overall taller than the Dunlop im running on the Sur-ron rim.
This gives an extra 50mm bar height on what i already had achieved.
Ill report back once tested.
Attachments
Light bee 27.5.JPG
LB26.jpg
LB26.jpg (173.08 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Last edited by Aebrennan on Apr 13 2018 10:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

lapwood   10 µW

10 µW

Post by lapwood » Apr 11 2018 5:08am

Soo stoked,

Bike has arrived, It was super easy to unbox and assemble without any assistance and all the tools required are included.

Straight away i was impressed with the build quality, and geometry.

I have added a front fender, some carbon riser bars, and looking at front wheel options, however im prob going to have to build a wheel to get what i want, 20x110 in a wide rim is hard to find. i could put a Downhill style wheel on, they are around 33mm diameter, but i would like to go even wider for plus sized tyres.

Suspension is going to need some tweaking too, but ill just ride it first, and adjust as i go until i find my sweet spot.

lapwood   10 µW

10 µW

Post by lapwood » Apr 11 2018 5:16am

JuiceMeUp wrote:
Dec 13 2017 11:01pm
Digressing from topic: I rode a Merida eOne-Sixty the other week. So smooth,natural and well tuned; I'd consider getting this legal e-bike
But saying that, all that fine bicycle feeling would taper off pretty quick at greater speeds / power levels to the point where it'd become a Frankenstein PAS abomination.
Different riding techniques are employed at different speeds to the point where pedals and bicycle seat become a real hindrance.
If Neematic have implemented a PAS, I bet it's at the lower power levels
Getting back to putting pedals on a Sur Ron, it'd be nothing more than a courtesy nod to the law. It would do nothing to enhance the product. Just give you a point to argue out on the trail. Kinda like Ducati Mirrors.
Hey,

I have both the Merida eOne-sixty 900e and a Sur-Ron Light bee..
Both are awesome.

The main benefit of the "legal" ebike is you can ride in bike parks, with awesome tracks and jumps etc.
The eOne-sixty 900e has top of the line suspension, brakes etc, and its awesome to ride.

Im looking forward to going for a ride with ya, im also in Melbourne.

beefcake_ground pigeon   1 mW

1 mW

Post by beefcake_ground pigeon » Apr 13 2018 11:32am

just firstly like to say super big thanks to and for Adam ( aebikes.com ) easy honest top bloke vouch for sales and delivery and service above and beyond in case anyone else thinking of buying has any thoughts other wise! it's a lot of money and u won't be disappointed!!!

got home from Indonesia what a happy day two big arse boxes sitting in shed🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃👊👊

undamaged bikes mint package , easy to remove and assemble , both bikes around fifty sixty% batt charge sweet,
clear build instructions like u need them anyway. set suspension, wipe down brake rotors brakeclean get that oil off always on new rotors helps not needed but habit, lube chain white lighting gods lube😭, adjust throttle tensions, check every nut hex bolt, from China a few to tweak check pretty good, fit lights, and a few stickers look bad arse without too,
on the Chargers !!
first outing mt Gravatt mountain nice test circuit with some good trails and gradients wow these bikes can pull up hill my almost over max 100kg arse and 185cm tall frame not to much for these bikes good to get the leg out but u won't get trapped , seat is comfy not to firm, suspension is decent not full mx but beefy enough handles the odd off track with ease when too hot thru a corner big tyres help better than my downhill bike, brakes are strong enough more is never a bad thing thou, bit of flex in the fast aces but not enough to trouble experienced riders styles will understand all forks move that's what they do, man this bike is easy in corners so quick to rail one side to other compare mx and enough weight/grip to be on par with downhill bike fun, but u can ride just as nuts uphill😀😀😀😀😀 and quite as soon as ur stopped stealth is good and needed some places,
fits in suv front wheel off and no fuel oil smells to worry loving it.
will post more pics vids when do
thanks again Adam 😀🙃😀🙃😀🙃😀🙃😀🙃😀🙃

lapwood   10 µW

10 µW

Post by lapwood » Apr 14 2018 7:29am

I'm interested in you suspension settings as i'm similar weight.

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Apr 14 2018 8:55am

Looking forward to getting my Sur Ron From Hyena.

beefcake_ground pigeon   1 mW

1 mW

Post by beefcake_ground pigeon » Apr 15 2018 5:31am

only thing I changed on settings made front forks bit firmer so no so rapid fluctuation I like it a little on the stiff side for fluid bleed back rates helps slowing bottom out a bit will tweak more the bigger i hit ramps etc and cranked rear Spring shock collar down about 1.5 cm stroke won't be so close to top out does help bit bigger Spring may help in future will assess this as some springs to stiff can cause issue with flick rebound to quick for adjustments to handle and will excel rate fluid wear piston wear etc soft towards firm is nice unless can't handle my weight and compress to much flick rate will always be high so will monitor this one balance between spring and settings for bleed rates bit hard to find perfect balance as u prob know but setting right spring for travel with weight and jump heights first and speed settings second so not over rely on adjustments for piston speeds so not to wear Pistons performance over life needed for replacement rebuild kits etc, just my way I tune others have other ways to set but its handling ramp jumps so far depends how quick Spring looses tension and can compress to far bottom out top out etc, biggest thing for me is how quick oils wear in shock side, wears to quick degrades oils etc may look for stiffer Spring rates so can handle less stiff settings for fluid bleed settings, cause in my opinion if shock settings does all the work it wears degrades faster than necessary if u have the softer Spring but on other side if u beef up the spring too much it also wears degrades shock oils etc for having to catch more than necessary rate of rebound flick to high I want the spring to do most the work without getting flogged and losing tension, Spring can handle more abuse more regularly than shock to get the best life out of both but finding a good balance is a bit of trial and error to stiff a spring will blow the shock pretty quick so start soft on a spring and gradually increase while tweaking rebound compression rates so it's not working to much equals good balance for weight handling and character for rough and soft terrain feed back and feelings it's a weird art to find the sweet spot for ur weight and riding habit but I like it stiffer on the spring with mild to a bit firm on the shock settings so still get some rapid fluctuation between travel top and bottom but a big enough spring to handle some big jump ramps and hits, hope can understand this,

on a extra note for all owners not included in manual is location for front light plug socket to connect had to pull almost everything apart to find but now know and saved a lot of time on my wife's bike set up, learnt a bit of how to strip and reassemble so not that bad but would have loved it if found first place I looked which unfortunately for me was not the case. lesion learnt the hard way so if can save others the trouble. should be in the manual anyway..

pull two hex screws holding ignition switch combination usb cover, open batt compartment lid about 40-50deg angle, lift whole ignition usb assemble including plastic out in one go up at front tilt backwards once ignition wires clear front of frame case and pull slightly forwards usb and plastic body whole assembly will pull out without the need to unplug anything and won't get any damage, but be careful on wires, reverse previous step to reinstall simple, hang this with extra wires off one side, then can see into frame front and all wiring harness of which are a few, the mistical fuse too, u are looking for the big black rubber boot if u follow ur brake line electrical wires down into the frame they are the ones that go into this big black boot gently pull this as far up as u can it is connected to other stuff under this so be gentle, I got it up almost level with top of frame housing , hold brake wires and plug tops which this boot is for to cover connection of brake line connectors and gently slide wriggle boot down now brake line plugs are out of boot have a look with a torch into boot there is a third plug unused this is for ur front headlight🙃🙃 connect to headlight wiring plug should be a perfect fit now u have three connected plugs gently pull the big black boot back over all three connectors for protection and gently place all extra wiring back down into frame front area, when I did this I repositioned fuse case back towards air switch ( circuit breaker lol ) so I can access this just by lifting batt cover lid rather than have to pull ignition again🙃ur choice, reinstall main ignition usb cluster reverse above and be gentle on wires make sure nothing gets jammed is a bit tight on space u may have to poke some things around a bit to get a neat fit where nothing rubbing or squashed the main ignition cover plastic does not sit flush to frame at front but if u look before u pull any of this apart u will notice a 2 mm gap towards front of assembly anyway but it does firmly engage against the plastic( not loose) lucky had second bike to compare as this first time fitted didn't look quiet right but it is. and u should now have lights when u key on ignition however the lights these came with are very good I think for night activities but I think I will wire in a handle bar switch so have the option to turn off for day time running,

all this been said I do hope my information is right haven't seen this anywhere else and not in the manual but it is the right plug 2 pin, and there is nothing else spare anywhere, I looked, apart from at the back past the rear taillight there is another plug tucked under the seat but this is a three pin? would like to know what this is for maybe indicators? any thoughts anyone and at the front right below controller big for/five pin connector with matching plug blank cover maybe to talk to controller not sure on these two but would be nice to know indicators would be cool make it almost a legit road dirt bike if anyone knows what these two spare other plugs are for could pls share regards beefy

lapwood   10 µW

10 µW

Post by lapwood » Apr 16 2018 4:10am

How much oil is in front forks?
I lost a bit, removing front bung thinking it was a air valve cap.

I replaced with 10W (heavier i assume) fork oil. but im not sure how much i should add?
With regard to the clickers, ive started with half way on the compression, and 4 click on rebound.

I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

How did you make you SAG better? (in front).

I'll crank the spring down 1.5cm in the back, and maybe go middle for compression again, and 4 clicks of rebound.