Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
User avatar
xcnick   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 46
Joined: Jun 18 2017 3:47pm
Location: Tahoe

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by xcnick » Feb 06 2018 10:55am

Look how small the sprocket is!

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2119
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 07 2018 11:24am

xcnick wrote:
Feb 06 2018 10:55am
Look how small the sprocket is!
That looks really fun to pedal...But wouldn't changing the rear sprocket change the entire ratio of the bike, Does it still go the same speed with the same torque now?

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 07 2018 11:50am

skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 11:24am
xcnick wrote:
Feb 06 2018 10:55am
Look how small the sprocket is!
That looks really fun to pedal...But wouldn't changing the rear sprocket change the entire ratio of the bike, Does it still go the same speed with the same torque now?
Sur ron really needs to go back to the drawing board with this pedal kit.. they changed out to a small rear sprocket so that the pedal transmission ratio will be around 1 to 1 so that the pedal ratio wouldn't be ridiculously low as with the stock larger rear sprocket in which you would be pedaling but going nowhere fast.. the Luna version of the pedal kit they keep the large rear sprocket and then use a bit larger pedal chain ring, thereby maintaining the stock motor drive ratio, torque and speed.. also since this is the for sale thread, technical discussions should probably be kept all together in the main Sur ron thread..

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=89902
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2119
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 07 2018 12:56pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 11:50am
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 11:24am
xcnick wrote:
Feb 06 2018 10:55am
Look how small the sprocket is!
That looks really fun to pedal...But wouldn't changing the rear sprocket change the entire ratio of the bike, Does it still go the same speed with the same torque now?
Sur ron really needs to go back to the drawing board with this pedal kit.. they changed out to a small rear sprocket so that the pedal transmission ratio will be around 1 to 1 so that the pedal ratio wouldn't be ridiculously low as with the stock larger rear sprocket in which you would be pedaling but going nowhere fast.. the Luna version of the pedal kit they keep the large rear sprocket and then use a bit larger pedal chain ring, thereby maintaining the stock motor drive ratio, torque and speed.. also since this is the for sale thread, technical discussions should probably be kept all together in the main Sur ron thread..

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=89902
this is a for sale thread but what is for sale? Don't you have to buy this thru LUNA now so this thread is useless now but for information

thanks for link

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 07 2018 1:03pm

I think the point would be to keep all the technical discussions in one place instead of spread over multiple threads.. also for sale threads may be deleted after the sale has ended..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2119
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 07 2018 2:46pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 1:03pm
I think the point would be to keep all the technical discussions in one place instead of spread over multiple threads.. also for sale threads may be deleted after the sale has ended..
Did this sale end? We need a moderator to step in here!

hah

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 07 2018 2:49pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 12:56pm

this is a for sale thread but what is for sale? Don't you have to buy this thru LUNA now so this thread is useless now but for information

thanks for link
you can also get Sur-ron here.. :

https://www.sur-ronusa.com
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2119
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 07 2018 2:57pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 2:49pm
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 12:56pm

this is a for sale thread but what is for sale? Don't you have to buy this thru LUNA now so this thread is useless now but for information

thanks for link
you can also get Sur-ron here.. :

https://www.sur-ronusa.com
Damn the price went up just like LUNA so it doesn't matter

Still a great deal imo

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 07 2018 3:12pm

Sur-ron usa only sells Sur-ron, not a bunch of other stuff.. so you may get more personalized service from them.. they are also working on developing accessories and upgrades for light bee such as a front fender, etc..
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 2:57pm
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 2:49pm
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 12:56pm

this is a for sale thread but what is for sale? Don't you have to buy this thru LUNA now so this thread is useless now but for information

thanks for link
you can also get Sur-ron here.. :

https://www.sur-ronusa.com
Damn the price went up just like LUNA so it doesn't matter

Still a great deal imo
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

m3t   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 35
Joined: Jan 08 2018 7:33am
Location: Northern California

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by m3t » Apr 02 2018 6:00pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 3:12pm
Sur-ron usa only sells Sur-ron, not a bunch of other stuff.. so you may get more personalized service from them.. they are also working on developing accessories and upgrades for light bee such as a front fender, etc..
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 2:57pm
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Feb 07 2018 2:49pm
skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 07 2018 12:56pm

this is a for sale thread but what is for sale? Don't you have to buy this thru LUNA now so this thread is useless now but for information

thanks for link
you can also get Sur-ron here.. :

https://www.sur-ronusa.com
Damn the price went up just like LUNA so it doesn't matter

Still a great deal imo
This is correct. Sur Ron USA is run by motomoto, great guy who’s very accommodating and you should definitely feel comfortable doing business with. He supplies Luna with their really sweet sprockets.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Apr 23 2018 11:04am

jmarzano wrote:
Oct 02 2017 7:55pm
For the supermoto, what's the top speed?
The 17" diameter supermoto wheel kit now available from luna includes a 42t rear sprocket and correct length chain to make the kit bolt right on and maintain the same top speed as the stock 19" diameter dirt bike wheels..

the supermoto wheel kit would also be a good option for shorter riders since it will lower the stock seat height by ~1".. and you could also run 17" dirt bike tires (such as shinko 241 etc) on the supermoto wheels for off-road or dual sport use.. 8)

reference:
https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e ... e-sur-ron/
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 20 2018 9:16pm

I recently read on a facebook group (FEB) that Eric at luna cycle will stop selling Sur-ron, so that may be a chance for someone else to become a Sur-ron usa dealer??

".. luna will soon stop selling sur rons... we want the focus of our company to be on ebikes and kits.. "

https://facebook.com/groups/11854571115 ... 0359217254

Edit :
"..creating a new "entity" for emoto sales and support.."
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Rix » May 21 2018 12:55pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
May 20 2018 9:16pm
I recently read on a facebook group (FEB) that Eric at luna cycle will stop selling Sur-ron, so that may be a chance for someone else to become a Sur-ron usa dealer??

".. luna will soon stop selling sur rons... we want the focus of our company to be on ebikes and kits.. "

https://facebook.com/groups/11854571115 ... 0359217254

Edit :
"..creating a new "entity" for emoto sales and support.."
I see Moto-Moto stepping up for the US Sales.

coleasterling   100 W

100 W
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 21 2010 3:37am

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by coleasterling » May 21 2018 2:29pm

I'd sell them if they got to a point where they could provide them with 17 digit VINs and EPA and DOT compliance.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 21 2018 3:09pm

the new Sur-ron L1e homologated versions may have the 17 digit VIN numbers.. we should know for sure soon as these will hit dealers in europe within a couple months..

when I first read that luna would stop selling Sur-ron I was really surprised and had to wonder why.. but I may have jumped the gun, since they followed up saying they would create a new [company] to sell them instead .. so they will likely retain the exclusive usa distribution (for now??).. if that's the case then I wonder if / when luna (or affiliate) will start selling the street legal light bee version, and if they will carry the body style kits designed by Eve bikes?? time will tell..

viewtopic.php?t=89902&start=1175

coleasterling wrote:
May 21 2018 2:29pm
I'd sell them if they got to a point where they could provide them with 17 digit VINs and EPA and DOT compliance.
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Rix » May 21 2018 5:43pm

saying they would create a new [company] to sell them instead .. so they will likely retain the exclusive usa distribution (for now??).. if that's the case then I wonder if / when luna (or affiliate) will start selling the street legal light bee version, and if they will carry the body style kits designed by Eve bikes?? time will tell..
I am betting they want to separate their E-motorcycle market from their E-bicycle market. Makes sense if that's the case.

Mugenski   1 W

1 W
Posts: 56
Joined: Aug 02 2015 9:03pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Mugenski » May 26 2018 8:07pm

Been watching the surron since it showed up here. I'm very tempted however I would prefer to use some higher quality suspension components of my own. I know EVE is going to be offering the euro legal surron as well as the motor for the tinkering community. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a surron without the suspension components? I have a nice fork and shock here I'd like to use and I'd rather save a couple bucks than just having unused components sitting around.
Giant Glory Tangent ∞kw @ 52v

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 26 2018 8:51pm

Mugenski wrote:
May 26 2018 8:07pm
Been watching the surron since it showed up here. I'm very tempted however I would prefer to use some higher quality suspension components of my own. I know EVE is going to be offering the euro legal surron as well as the motor for the tinkering community. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a surron without the suspension components? I have a nice fork and shock here I'd like to use and I'd rather save a couple bucks than just having unused components sitting around.
I don't think that is going to happen.. your best bet is to probably order light bee with the RST front fork and then remove it unused and then sell the stock front suspension here or on ebay etc.. I would recommend keeping the stock rear shock because your rear shock may not be valved / tuned properly for the Sur-ron (especially depending on what bike and rear suspension geometry / design it came off of) ..
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Mugenski   1 W

1 W
Posts: 56
Joined: Aug 02 2015 9:03pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Mugenski » May 27 2018 6:11pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
May 26 2018 8:51pm
I don't think that is going to happen.. your best bet is to probably order light bee with the RST front fork and then remove it unused and then sell the stock front suspension here or on ebay etc.. I would recommend keeping the stock rear shock because your rear shock may not be valved / tuned properly for the Sur-ron (especially depending on what bike and rear suspension geometry / design it came off of) ..
Fair enough. Personally I can't be bothered to take time to sell off mid/low grade components. I'd rather tackle the problem at the source, not like they are selling a street legal bike (yet) with related legal obligations... Shipping stuff around the world is economically and environmentally foolish. After all the fun we have with these electric creations we should still value the benefit to the environment. I personally don't see the issue here, everyone has their price for situations like this. I know the stock suspension won't handle my frame and riding style, my component selection will with a simple spring swap. Too bad they don't sell components. Their wheels look close to nice drop ins for high power middrive MTBs.
Giant Glory Tangent ∞kw @ 52v

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 27 2018 7:21pm

Mugenski wrote:
May 27 2018 6:11pm

Fair enough. Personally I can't be bothered to take time to sell off mid/low grade components. I'd rather tackle the problem at the source, not like they are selling a street legal bike (yet) with related legal obligations... Shipping stuff around the world is economically and environmentally foolish. After all the fun we have with these electric creations we should still value the benefit to the environment. I personally don't see the issue here, everyone has their price for situations like this. I know the stock suspension won't handle my frame and riding style, my component selection will with a simple spring swap. Too bad they don't sell components. Their wheels look close to nice drop ins for high power middrive MTBs.
Sur-ron does sell (some) components : http://shop.m.jd.com/?shopId=732127

also check with your nearest Sur-ron dealer they may be able to order whatever light bee replacement parts you may want or need.. where are you located (country)? here is a growing list of Sur-ron dealers : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90196&p=1379423#p1361231

I don't think the manufacturer or dealers have much (or any) motivation to sell incomplete bikes without suspension etc ..

if your nearest dealer doesn't have parts stock then check with Aebikes (in australia).. they were the first international Sur-ron dealer (december 17) and seem pretty helpful .. https://www.aebikes.com.au
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W
Posts: 247
Joined: Jan 06 2017 4:08am
Location: Sydney New South Wales
Contact:

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Aebrennan » May 28 2018 5:58am

Aebikes.com.au have plenty of stock, and access to all available parts and accessories, and will have the powertrain kits as well as soon as available.
We send all parts/bikes worldwide and at great prices considering our poor dollar value.
We have tested different front wheel and fork combinations, and are testing rear shocks too.
We plan to stock upspecced demo bikes for test ride comparisons.

Message through website pls.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1110
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jun 26 2018 4:13pm

Luna now has a new site devoted to electric motorcycles (as opposed to electric bicycles) .. with Sur-ron and other emoto news etc ..

http://electricmotorcycle.com
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
Allex   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3050
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by Allex » Jun 26 2018 4:35pm

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
Jun 26 2018 4:13pm
Luna now has a new site devoted to electric motorcycles (as opposed to electric bicycles) .. with Sur-ron and other emoto news etc ..

http://electricmotorcycle.com
https://youtu.be/NiuLdMNiILY?t=37

Something is seriously wrong with that bike or the rider on 450cc. That start is so fake, looks like he launches from 2nd or even 3rd gear.

User avatar
macribs   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3457
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by macribs » Jun 26 2018 5:42pm

Mugenski wrote:
May 27 2018 6:11pm
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:
May 26 2018 8:51pm
I don't think that is going to happen.. your best bet is to probably order light bee with the RST front fork and then remove it unused and then sell the stock front suspension here or on ebay etc.. I would recommend keeping the stock rear shock because your rear shock may not be valved / tuned properly for the Sur-ron (especially depending on what bike and rear suspension geometry / design it came off of) ..
Fair enough. Personally I can't be bothered to take time to sell off mid/low grade components. I'd rather tackle the problem at the source, not like they are selling a street legal bike (yet) with related legal obligations... Shipping stuff around the world is economically and environmentally foolish. After all the fun we have with these electric creations we should still value the benefit to the environment. I personally don't see the issue here, everyone has their price for situations like this. I know the stock suspension won't handle my frame and riding style, my component selection will with a simple spring swap. Too bad they don't sell components. Their wheels look close to nice drop ins for high power middrive MTBs.
A very valid comment. Shipping shit around the world is a big problem these days, not an isolated issue with the Sur Ron's unfortunately. The fact that we ship crap around the world that ends up unused and unboxed to end up in a landfill at best is a big thing.

micheljuliot   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 02 2018 3:38am

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by micheljuliot » Jul 02 2018 3:45am

Bjr, nous représentons www.sur-ron.bike en France
merci,

Post Reply