Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
FlightService   100 mW

100 mW

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by FlightService » Nov 27 2017 8:57am

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a ... 1016202821

Also I found the company's website on TaoBao.

If you have never ordered from them it can be a little tedious but doable. The Nerf guys have been doing it for years.

https://youtu.be/FNW-3YfGaqo
Engineer: (n) en·gi·neer \ˌen-jə-ˈnir\ -Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. (See also: wizard, magician, miracle worker)

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Nov 27 2017 12:22pm

FlightService wrote:
Nov 27 2017 8:57am
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a ... 1016202821

Also I found the company's website on TaoBao.

If you have never ordered from them it can be a little tedious but doable. The Nerf guys have been doing it for years.

https://youtu.be/FNW-3YfGaqo
Well tMall and Taobao are afaik strictly asian website, shipping only to asian countries. So I guess for those of you looking into this third party currier service of some sort might be needed and will add to costs. I've used various services like that over the years, both when ordering from US and asia and they do work but they do add to the final price. Be sure you calculate the international shipping costs into your spread sheet, and if you are living in EU/EEA you might even get to pay taxes or VAT also on the international shipping as well as as the shipping to courier, and the product itself. For me that is additional 25% VAT on top of everything + killer handling fees and various bits and bobs. Sweden got 21% VAT on top.

FlightService   100 mW

100 mW

Post by FlightService » Nov 28 2017 8:52am

search "TaoBao Nerf parts shipping" You will see how the Nerf guys are doing it. They get alot of stuff from TaoBao. Some use third party forwarders others are direct.

I love McRibs, btw.
Engineer: (n) en·gi·neer \ˌen-jə-ˈnir\ -Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. (See also: wizard, magician, miracle worker)

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 10 2017 6:49am

Here is the first vid of our test bikes in action more on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBLHOIZHxM&t=189s

Mugenski   1 W

1 W

Post by Mugenski » Dec 10 2017 11:30am

Looks really nice, this video doesn't sound as loud as the others I've seen. Any update on a price to get these to north america?
Giant Glory Tangent ∞kw @ 52v

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 10 2017 1:13pm

dirkdiggler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by dirkdiggler » Dec 10 2017 4:19pm

Looks like fun. What do think so far? Worth the money?

motomoto   1 kW

1 kW

Post by motomoto » Dec 11 2017 1:43am

The question was not addressed to me but I have nothing but praise for the bike. I did a 12 mile
single track forest run today and the bike was awesome. I have tons of video but it seems boring
so I haven't uploaded it. At one point I thought the power cut out but later I realized I accidentally
hit the ECO button on the handlebar. I paid $3200 for my 60 volt with the 10 amp charger to the US.
So far it is way worth it. Today I used 50% battery for 12 hot miles which means 18-20 fast miles per
charge.

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 5:37am

Aebrennan   100 W

100 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 11 2017 5:46am

I am loving these bikes.
I have been waiting nervously for months as Motomoto has had issues and Arturs negative review.
I am happy to have had no issues so far but we have been told that the motor is different now.
As far as value for money I believe that they are a steal but obviously everyone has their own opinion.
I have posted the video footage only to show the type of riding I do.
These trails have cooked my Stealth bomber and have sheared a few freewheels on my e-Mtb’s.
I am planning to do some side by side vids to gauge the difference in performance as everyone loves the hubbies and some love to hate on Sur-Ron.

dirkdiggler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by dirkdiggler » Dec 12 2017 10:32am

I just got an email saying that Luna cycles is where I need to buy the bike. Anyone else know anything about that?
Could be good news as Luna does a great job. Just crossing my fingers that the price is still reasonable and hopefully even cheaper due to better shipping costs. Denzel's dirt bike is only $500 shipping, where Sur-ron was quoting close to $900. We'll see..

skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW

Post by skeetab5780 » Dec 12 2017 10:38am

dirkdiggler wrote:
Dec 12 2017 10:32am
I just got an email saying that Luna cycles is where I need to buy the bike. Anyone else know anything about that?
Could be good news as Luna does a great job. Just crossing my fingers that the price is still reasonable and hopefully even cheaper due to better shipping costs. Denzel's dirt bike is only $500 shipping, where Sur-ron was quoting close to $900. We'll see..
Oh geez hopefully someone can chime in with new pricing, every bike on Luna site is way to much $$

bionicon   100 W

100 W

Post by bionicon » Dec 12 2017 1:06pm

dirkdiggler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by dirkdiggler » Dec 12 2017 1:13pm

Well, I found it at Luna. Should of bought direct from Sur-ron. Doesn't look like much savings as it is listed at $3,300 and $160 shipping. $3,460 is not bad, just $400 more than I was quoted by Sur-ron. I guess you do get support and not having to do a direct transfer to a Chinese bank gives you some piece of mind. As always Luna is great at doing upgrades for their products. Looks like there are going to be some options coming.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/
ODAY THIS BIKE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ACTIVE USERS ON FAST ELECTRIC BIKE FB Page

LUNA is first once again to bring a brilliant product to market

This is the newest version of this bike with a new motor with better heat fins, more power, and significantly quieter than the first prototypes seen online.

For Off Road Use Only!

Not legal in all 50 states.

Suprise! Luna and Sur Ron have partnered to offer an awesome dirt bike to the North American public.

Read one review on the Sur Ron from Ev Nerds here

Check out the review on electricbike-blog.com (coming soon)

We will ship with the speed limited to 20mph which could be argued is street legal but we do not recommend riding it on the street since street riding is dangerous. WE recommend you do not remove the speed limiter because with the speed limiter off the Sur-Ron will do 45mph.

If you do not want your bike shipped with the limiter please specify your bike is for racing in your order notes and you want speed limiter removed

There has been a lot of excitement about the release of the Sur-Ron bike for good reason.

This bike is 50 and even 100cc honda killer... the ultimate little dirt bike perfect for young or inexperienced riders...but also good for just about everyone (great xmas present which you can use yourself)

This electric mini motorcycle is fast, reliable, giant range, and built at a quality that we have never seen before for an EV out of China.

Sur Ron and Luna have secretly been working on developing this product for the North America market and Luna is the exclusive North American Dealer for this product.

Luna will also be announcing some exciting new upgrades which will only be available to people who buy their Sur Ron from us. Also we will support the product from here in the USA getting you any warranty replacement parts you might need shipped direct from California.

This bike is built like a tank and we are confident it will provide years of reliable service.

It has one of the best constructed battery packs ever offered in a small EV....

This bike is easy to customize and upgrade... the performance upgrades are limiteless from the battery to the controller. We think this motor can handle easily 12,000 watts with a fov sine wave controller, and we will be soon offering that as an upgrade kit.

We will be offering an easy to install pedal kit in the next few weeks.

This bike has the capacity to be the ultimate hot rod ebike.

Other Features:

Quick swappable battery pack (we will be offering extra batteries shortly)

Fast 3 hour charging

skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW

Post by skeetab5780 » Dec 12 2017 1:37pm

So its went up roughly $1000 in 3 months time, supply and demand! It is still a good deal IMO

But I will not be buying one :(

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Dec 12 2017 2:59pm

I think the price is still reasonable considering from what you get.
Compared with mopeds or motorcycles with combustion engines it goes in the right direction (EV is getting more and more affordable), butthe Surron definitely needs street approval. Otherwise it will keep beeing a "nice toy", but nothing for the masses or young people who have just made the moped licence.

The news about Luna as dealer is great. I like the announced FOC controller upgrade and the info that this newer motor is capeable of a lot more 8)

tomjasz   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Dec 12 2017 9:56pm

USA warranty terms?
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

motomoto   1 kW

1 kW

Post by motomoto » Dec 14 2017 8:24pm

USA warranty terms?
I am sure Luna will do everything they can. I don't think Sur-ron thinks everything out, like let's say Honda. They designed
and make a good product but what issues might come up only time will tell. Eventually something is going to break, but
I have no idea what it would be, and I probably have more hard miles on the bike than anyone because I ride mine as fast
as it will go on a motocross track. I haven't done the "let's see how far we can jump it before it breaks" thing yet, I will leave
that to someone else.
Being this is a new product, I would say we are the guinea pigs. If you break something you will probably have a long wait
for the part on a slow boat from China. That is the way it is for now. In 5 years Luna will be well stocked with replacement parts.
At the moment there probably is nothing on the shelves at Luna.

motomoto   1 kW

1 kW

Post by motomoto » Dec 30 2017 6:20pm

Looks like I killed this thread 2 weeks ago. So why not kill it some more?

I am going to help sell the Sur-ron bike for Eric at Luna Cycle. It will be for the same price.

The only difference is that I will give my customers my personal attention. Whatever I can do
to help make owning the bike a pleasant experience I will work at. I will also be making
innovative products for the bike. I plan on traveling all over the country promoting and
supplying demo rides.

I started working on a website this week at https://www.sur-ronusa.com/
Last edited by motomoto on Jan 10 2018 10:21am, edited 1 time in total.

m3t   100 mW

100 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 10 2018 3:45am

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum but I’m very interested in getting my hands on one of these Sur Ron MX bikes. Motomoto, my understanding is that you’re located in Sacramento? I’m in the East Bay area, and if you have any available, would love to come check one out if you’re selling. Otherwise, I’ll just stop by Luna when i’m visiting down in Socal, but would definitely prefer to see one locally first.

motomoto   1 kW

1 kW

Post by motomoto » Jan 10 2018 10:49am

I will be selling the bikes in Northern California. There are 2 demo bikes available now. PM me if you want to ride a demo bike. I plan
on giving personal service to all customers of mine. My phone number and email are on my website https://www.sur-ronusa.com/

The plan is to make the website full of information about everything about the bike including all the latest hop up parts and
accessories I will be developing. Please be patient, I am adding stuff daily to the website and products take time to develop.

The list includes:

1. front fender developed just for this bike.
2. different sprockets in anodized 7075 aluminum
3. stealth belt drive kit to eliminate chain noise
4. street legal kit (lights,turn signals,mirrors,brake light)
You will be responsible to get your bike approved at the DMV
5. motor, controller, and battery upgrades

m3t   100 mW

100 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 10 2018 6:53pm

Really good to hear. Just looked through your website and it’s a nice touch. Glad to see all of the info I was able to find online after quite some time parked in one, convenient place with all of the brochures translated already.

Well, after doing a lot of research, if I do purchase one, I was hoping to get one of the newer versions with the updated motor and controller (sine wave vs square wave). I’d love to come check one out. Would you be available this weekend? Also, when would you have a bike ready for sale or order? I’m very set on the 60V steel grey version. 48V is a deal breaker as is the green frame. I’m okay with white but highly prefer grey.

motomoto   1 kW

1 kW

Post by motomoto » Jan 10 2018 7:42pm

The next batch of bikes to the US will probably be available in mid to late February. The will probably all be 60 volt and
they will all have the newer motor with the sine wave controller. The forks will be the Fast Ace in black, just like the latest
pictures.

m3t   100 mW

100 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 10 2018 10:15pm

I see. I thought I had seen some others in the US with the newer model. In either case, the fork color isn’t the issue, the frame is. I do plan to upgrade as I go along and ultimately the frame will be kept for a while, hence my particular color choice.

Would you be available on the weekend for me to demo a bike? Also would like to talk about ordering details and such.

I think your list of upgrades is a great place to start and i’m looking forward to using some of your products.

Also, was wondering if a supermoto version would be available in the US?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 13 2018 12:01am

Subd.