FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 28 2018 9:47am

Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 28 2018 1:14am
Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 27 2018 5:14pm
Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 27 2018 6:40am
Animalector wrote:
Jul 24 2018 5:47pm
I am sure the Dengfu site said Bafang M600 the other day, but now it is Shimano Motor... did anyone else notice this change? or am I dreaming?
It’s either one they make frame that can accomdate both . It’s vertually the same frame.
They are actually all out of Shimano and only 1 Bafang left as it is 2 separate frames. While it is virtually the same frame the motor mount system is casted differently. I attached a spec sheet from another vendor but selling the same frames. So not sure who really is making this frame system. Melody is offering the last frame (Bafang) with free headset if you want to jump on it.

I'm guessing that with the Shimano Steps the motor is slightly shorter as you can get a 55mm travel rather than a 51mm equating to 151mm vs 135mm for the Bafang of wheel travel. I mean that is what 16mm so 5/8" not that big of deal.

Surfing Jeff, where did you get the battery as I have not found one yet, the main reason why I have not ordered the frame yet? Also where did you get a rear shock, 200*51mm?

And do you have a picture? Really would like see this built up!

Fred
The battery quote was part of my quote for the entire Dengfu bike I’m guessing here but must be 14S 4-5P dependent on LG cell they are using 14.7 ahr . This is mounted with hardware they had a line drawing and some pictures of a key lock . They will have the whole sample bike built up in two days . The shock is Rock Shock MNRP RC3 (200x57mm)$293 But here is the Kicker Ivy at Frey said the Bafang M 600 is limited to 35kph ! By the provided controller . Umm does that mean I need to reprogram I have no idea my M2s with Bafang 500 watt hub motor bike already was hot wired but not sure about M600 . I’m asking Dengfu ask Bafang if options to have off road mode is what it’s called. The only other option is Grin Technology Cycle analyst 3.0 and wiring harness made in Germany for Bafang with correct connectors for plug and play .but add $250 . Any thoughts anybody reprogrammed Bafang ? Why would the ultra be unlimited and the M600 be governed to such slow speed? I’ll have up to date pictures on the other post Dengfu Carbon Fiber bike with Bafang M 600 mid drive in couple days .
Well while I have not purchased an M600 system yet, all previous versions of the Bafang motors have been programable. It typically is done through the LCD interface while turned off. So really you just need to match the cable connection from the LCD to the motor and USB on the other end. Lunacycle has often had the right cable the times I needed them. You will just have to wait until you get the bike to see the connector and take a picture to see what sort of interface you need.

As far a 35kph, that is 21 mph which 20mph is the legal limit to be classified as either a Class 1 or Class 2 ebike. Class 1 being no throttle is allowed on multiple trail systems. I don't know of anyone allowing a Class 2 bike. When I ride my AM1000 on a trail allowing class 1 bikes I disconnect the throttle and make it a class 1 bike.

If an ebike is not limited to 20mph or 35kph then it is in violation of federal laws for classification of use on trail systems allowing ebikes along with other bikes. If all you are going to ride are 4wd off road trails then by all means you can open it up for as fast as you like. But if you hit the trails designed for mountain bikes that allow ebikes with a bike that can go 35 - 50 mph you are breaking the law and actually doing what all the naysayers are saying ebikers will do. And will only serve to get us completely banned in the future, another reason why manufacturers are presetting to 35kph. My AM1000 is programmed to 35kph\20mph and I have never even been close to that climbing in single track. With most of the trails I ride climbing above 6 - 8 mph is actually pretty dangerous. But hey each to his own.

My biggest thing is if you want to ride single track please be courteous out there and most people won't have an issue. I have found if you are very courteous most people don't even notice you're on an ebike. I think the biggest fear from people is that Strava Weenies will get these bikes and make it more dangerous on trails that they are not courteous on to begin with.

Sorry to be so long winded, I just get worried when people want to juice up their bikes and then go ride single track. I'm ok with it on the streets but these M600 bikes are designed for single track and in the US we are just starting to make some headway in getting access that purists are fighting. Please don't give them more ammunition is all I ask cause I'm old guy that just likes to be on his bike....

Bottom line be safe and enjoy your riding!

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 29 2018 1:28am

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 28 2018 9:47am
Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 28 2018 1:14am
Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 27 2018 5:14pm
Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 27 2018 6:40am

It’s either one they make frame that can accomdate both . It’s vertually the same frame.
They are actually all out of Shimano and only 1 Bafang left as it is 2 separate frames. While it is virtually the same frame the motor mount system is casted differently. I attached a spec sheet from another vendor but selling the same frames. So not sure who really is making this frame system. Melody is offering the last frame (Bafang) with free headset if you want to jump on it.

I'm guessing that with the Shimano Steps the motor is slightly shorter as you can get a 55mm travel rather than a 51mm equating to 151mm vs 135mm for the Bafang of wheel travel. I mean that is what 16mm so 5/8" not that big of deal.

Surfing Jeff, where did you get the battery as I have not found one yet, the main reason why I have not ordered the frame yet? Also where did you get a rear shock, 200*51mm?

And do you have a picture? Really would like see this built up!

Fred
The battery quote was part of my quote for the entire Dengfu bike I’m guessing here but must be 14S 4-5P dependent on LG cell they are using 14.7 ahr . This is mounted with hardware they had a line drawing and some pictures of a key lock . They will have the whole sample bike built up in two days . The shock is Rock Shock MNRP RC3 (200x57mm)$293 But here is the Kicker Ivy at Frey said the Bafang M 600 is limited to 35kph ! By the provided controller . Umm does that mean I need to reprogram I have no idea my M2s with Bafang 500 watt hub motor bike already was hot wired but not sure about M600 . I’m asking Dengfu ask Bafang if options to have off road mode is what it’s called. The only other option is Grin Technology Cycle analyst 3.0 and wiring harness made in Germany for Bafang with correct connectors for plug and play .but add $250 . Any thoughts anybody reprogrammed Bafang ? Why would the ultra be unlimited and the M600 be governed to such slow speed? I’ll have up to date pictures on the other post Dengfu Carbon Fiber bike with Bafang M 600 mid drive in couple days .
Well while I have not purchased an M600 system yet, all previous versions of the Bafang motors have been programable. It typically is done through the LCD interface while turned off. So really you just need to match the cable connection from the LCD to the motor and USB on the other end. Lunacycle has often had the right cable the times I needed them. You will just have to wait until you get the bike to see the connector and take a picture to see what sort of interface you need.

As far a 35kph, that is 21 mph which 20mph is the legal limit to be classified as either a Class 1 or Class 2 ebike. Class 1 being no throttle is allowed on multiple trail systems. I don't know of anyone allowing a Class 2 bike. When I ride my AM1000 on a trail allowing class 1 bikes I disconnect the throttle and make it a class 1 bike.

If an ebike is not limited to 20mph or 35kph then it is in violation of federal laws for classification of use on trail systems allowing ebikes along with other bikes. If all you are going to ride are 4wd off road trails then by all means you can open it up for as fast as you like. But if you hit the trails designed for mountain bikes that allow ebikes with a bike that can go 35 - 50 mph you are breaking the law and actually doing what all the naysayers are saying ebikers will do. And will only serve to get us completely banned in the future, another reason why manufacturers are presetting to 35kph. My AM1000 is programmed to 35kph\20mph and I have never even been close to that climbing in single track. With most of the trails I ride climbing above 6 - 8 mph is actually pretty dangerous. But hey each to his own.

My biggest thing is if you want to ride single track please be courteous out there and most people won't have an issue. I have found if you are very courteous most people don't even notice you're on an ebike. I think the biggest fear from people is that Strava Weenies will get these bikes and make it more dangerous on trails that they are not courteous on to begin with.

Sorry to be so long winded, I just get worried when people want to juice up their bikes and then go ride single track. I'm ok with it on the streets but these M600 bikes are designed for single track and in the US we are just starting to make some headway in getting access that purists are fighting. Please don't give them more ammunition is all I ask cause I'm old guy that just likes to be on his bike....

Bottom line be safe and enjoy your riding!
I go one better when I ride my 500Watt hub motor I turn off the power on few hills to get excercise . When I ride with group I’m last in line. I’m courteous with the group I ride my e bike with them only when my regular bike is in the shop I don’t think they would let me join if I was brand new rider with e bike. But I’ll say once you have a throttle you’ll never go back. I’m alone a lot on my trails . I say that since I actually live on the county mountain bike trail. I help with trail maintenance been on a lot of politicle groups to protect the trails from power company’s , road builders . But when I’m alone I’ll admit im at 27 miles a hour . I shut it down if I see anybody . But I only open it up on really wide Jeep trails. It’s not safe on single track at that speed. By the way I wear full set of padding at that speed. Thanks for the insite on programming I’m familiar with Luna and I’ll grab the programming wiring when it’s in stock.

ouka-ebike   1 µW

1 µW

Post by ouka-ebike » Aug 07 2018 1:04am

Hi dear Frey

Attached is the frame design for M620 mid drive motor system. But this frame could also install M500 / M600 mid drive motor system.

Please see the attached photos. It is easy change to be M600 system.

B.regards
Ouka teamImage
Attachments
IMG_1310.jpg
IMG_1310.jpg (419.85 KiB) Viewed 512 times
IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg (363.41 KiB) Viewed 512 times
IMG_1318.jpg
IMG_1318.jpg (495.85 KiB) Viewed 512 times

dalysea   100 mW

100 mW

Post by dalysea » Aug 09 2018 4:43pm

ouka-ebike wrote:
Aug 07 2018 1:04am
Hi dear Frey

Attached is the frame design for M620 mid drive motor system. But this frame could also install M500 / M600 mid drive motor system.

Please see the attached photos. It is easy change to be M600 system.

B.regards
Ouka team
How would you modify it to fit the different mounting bracket? The G521 motor and mounting bracket are a different size and shape than the G510.

ouka-ebike   1 µW

1 µW

Post by ouka-ebike » Aug 11 2018 1:08am

Misunderstand my words, I mean change the motor holder, too. Of course need a new frame. No matter what, frey power eMTB is really very nice. The design is beautiful.

High Tatras   1 µW

1 µW

Post by High Tatras » Oct 03 2018 3:24am

Situation on the market.

Frey's m600 is 2 680$ + shipping 450$ + standard EU duty 150$ + VAT 20% 650 = 3 930 USD = 3 400 EURO + TARIFF (in reality nobody know it in advance how much it is) cca 35% 1 200 € = cca 4 600€ in total.

Now compare it with :
Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Pro 500 27.5 blue´n´green
2.999,- €
RRP* 3.499,- €
You save 14%
FREE SHIPPING incl. 19% VAT

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cub ... country=48

3 000 EURO with no additional fee for Cube or 3 400 + TARIFF for Frey's. Quite comparable bikes. Problem with Cube is No throttle, smaller, but higher quality battery & bit less power. As all EU bikes, but legal. Spare original battery is 820 Euro. Bike's dessign is excellent. Quality ok. No risk to send money and wait... Bike service just behind the corner ...

The question is

Why should I buy Frey's M 600 bike from China ? What is his advantage, concerning "value for the money"

My opinion is :

If Frey want to be successfull on the EU market, they have to sell M600 directly from EU warehouse for price under 3000 EURO incl. VAT. Dear Frey, are you thinking about somethink like that ? Or selling from China warehouse under DDP terms ?

Jan