Hi everyone, today I launched an open source ebike design on Kickstarter. The project offers guides and tutorials to build your own ebike using open source software and hardware, as well as a complete BOM with all the parts needed. I'm hoping to build up a community of hobbyists around a design so people just starting out building their own bike can get into the weeds with code and hardware but not have to piece things together all on their own.
Check it out here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80 ... n=c0c6a6ad
The early bird backer pricing is only 30 dollars.
* 250W rear geared hub motor
* Samsung 18650 cell battery pack
* Open source VESC motor controller
* Customizable OLED display
* Guides and tutorials to help backers build and customize their own electric bicycle