Re: Any interest in Adaptto heatsink groupbuy? [CLOSED]

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
inedible   100 W

100 W

Post by inedible » May 07 2018 9:26am

I know not a lot of people are buying these controllers these days, so this might have a limited audience, but I've been looking into getting some heatsinks for my Adaptto controller made up.

There's a seller on ebay selling 160x80mm heatsinks, which offers the ability to cut to any length you want, and they also offer anodization. They have a minimum order qty of 10 though for custom things, and I definitely don't need 10 heatsinks.

I was going to ask to have them made to 190mm long, to fit an Adaptto Midi-E, but if there's some Max-E owners out there who are interested I can ask for a quote on 250mm long ones, and I can cut mine to length or just leave the excess hanging.

They weigh about a pound, and are 26.9mm tall. I'll be getting them anodized black for better cooling. I'm thinking you could cut one in half for the sides of the controller, or simply use a whole heatsink and let some overhang.

The price I was quoted for 190mm length was $14USD ea, free shipping. Your price would be $14 plus shipping from Canada to wherever you are.

If anyone wants to get in on this, let me know.

Likewise, if anyone knows a better place to get an adaptto-sized heatsink, especially if it's in North America already, please let me know.
Last edited by inedible on May 08 2018 9:26am, edited 1 time in total.

croydon   1 mW

1 mW

Re: Any interest in Adaptto heatsink groupbuy?

Post by croydon » May 07 2018 4:42pm

i have already order a headsink on ebay for my max e.

inedible   100 W

100 W

Post by inedible » May 08 2018 9:25am

Alright, well the seller agreed to sell me quantity 3, so I no longer have any need to do this GB. Sorry for anyone who might have been interested!

The seller on ebay is a new account with no history that sells a ton of random toys and crap, then a couple heatsinks. My guess is they're drop-shipping from an alibaba seller. I'll bet if you check out the store number in the image they use, you could buy direct:

Anyway, the ebay seller is 2018vipkid, and here's the listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/162980838252

I was able to get qty 3, 190mm x 80mm heatsinks, anodized black, for $17.70USD each.

And with that, I'm closing this thread.