EU - Group buy - all QS Motors' offer

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
csc   100 W

100 W

EU - Group buy - all QS Motors' offer

Post by csc » Jul 06 2018 4:41am

Hi

I plan to open an "electric mobility" category in my webshop but can not afford a big order alone to stock with a reduced price. Therefore, as a solution to try and reach bigger discounts, I'd like to initiate a group buy of every product listed in Qs Motor's website (motors, controllers, accessories, everything). I've already contacted Vito and Judy and they're OK for that.

As I'll do the dispatch from Paris, France, the shipping would be restricted to the European Union countries for KISS reasons.

1 - The first step would be to see who needs what, and negociate based on amounts of standard products wanted
2 - The second step would be for me to organize the payment, shipping and dispatching
3 - The third step would be to use the forum as a big brain to determine specifications or potentially create open source designs, ask for QS Motors to produce them, ,and then organize a second group buy - worlwide and shipped from China directly to the users - of CUSTOM products (liquid cooling, epoxy protection of the magnets + epoxy coating, improved controllers, bike and motorcycle brake levers with integrated halls compatible with var regen, etc, etc.).

Who's in ?!

Best regards

CSC
Last edited by csc on Jul 06 2018 6:35am, edited 1 time in total.

csc   100 W

100 W

Re: EU - Group buy - all QS Motors' offer

Post by csc » Jul 06 2018 5:31am

reserved

Merlin   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Merlin » Jul 06 2018 5:51am

would you lift your arm to say: here, if you dont have any prices?

wheres your location? If i live in your country i dont have to pay 30€/40$ shipping.

You have a webshop? so you are a tax paying dealer? and your idea now is to make a groupbuy to get better prices for your webshop.
do i understand this right? :D

we have july now. If you dont even put prices on the desk and order by sea its hard to believe that this groupbuy "item" delivers before winter ;)

back to the drawing board my friend, contact Vito again and lets see if QS care about your webshop wishes and throw at least prices for the common buyed QS stuff in here.

if you are a dealer you have to make "the deal" with QS, put the risk of selling on your shoulders, order the amount of stuff and offer it here.
a groupbuy is for the community....and one guy who puts in the effort, catch a motor for free on the buy. thats it. getting cheaper prices for the community....not paying the business for a dealer :D

csc   100 W

100 W

Post by csc » Jul 06 2018 6:29am

Yo Merlin

I'm in France, will modify the first post.

I see what you mean but I won't take the risk financially. Anyway I just can't !

Of course I would not make a cent directly with this group buy. So it would be a regular group buy I guess, as I'd have the same price than anybody participating.

Isn't a shop allowed to participate to (in my case organise) a group buy on ES ? I might have missed some rules, and will of course not insist if it is not possible.

Merlin   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Merlin » Jul 06 2018 6:36am

No it's not a rule in this way.
But if someone reads this post I would think what I wrote.

Paying for someone's dealership.

If you offer a v3 205 for 199 dollar... You will find many who are in.

No one cares if you buy 200 motors and just pay 120 dollar for it.

If this is helping a business man no one cares because price makes buyers happy.

If you want to make a group buy and the offer is 260 dollar + 30 shipping.... Buyers will be rare because they can get it with a few bucks on top by airmail instant in 7 days.

Get prices and try to start the groupbuy.

With qs you have the best partner for it.

usertogo   10 W

10 W

Post by usertogo » Jul 06 2018 6:53am

_subscribe_

also think about putting a link to the shop where we would pick from?

csc   100 W

100 W

Post by csc » Jul 06 2018 6:55am

Merlin : I'm really interested to see what people want before talking prices with QS.

Anyway I already have their price lists for resellers and will see what it says for qs205, qs273 and sabvoton stuff as a starter
usertogo wrote:
Jul 06 2018 6:53am
also think about putting a link to the shop where we would pick from?
It's a group buy so in my mind there would be no use of the shop. Right now it doesn't even have an eletric mobility section, and I will make no advertisement as ultralight sleeping bags are out of subject on ES !

dapkcuf   100 µW

100 µW

Post by dapkcuf » Jul 06 2018 8:34am

I would be interrested for at least one motor (still unsure on the model I need)
I live in france also.

sacko   10 kW

10 kW

Post by sacko » Jul 06 2018 12:38pm

What is the price?

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jul 07 2018 10:45pm

Since prices are required in sale posts, your best bet is to make a list of items and price levels for whatever the minimum number of buyers is for that specific item (like an MOQ), where say level 1 = 50 buyers, level 2 = 20 buyers, level 3 = 5 buyers etc.)

Since it's probably impractical to make a list of every item QS sells, then your levels could simply be a percentage off the price listed on the QS site itself.

Monstarr   100 W

100 W

Post by Monstarr » Jul 09 2018 4:19pm

I ordered five hub motors at once in a QS groupbuy but they all were slightly different in specs.
My experience was that they dont really offer interesting discounts if you order different items in small numbers.
You only benefit in transport costs.

csc   100 W

100 W

Post by csc » Jul 11 2018 5:43am

amberwolf wrote:
Jul 07 2018 10:45pm
Since prices are required in sale posts, your best bet is to make a list of items and price levels for whatever the minimum number of buyers is for that specific item (like an MOQ), where say level 1 = 50 buyers, level 2 = 20 buyers, level 3 = 5 buyers etc.)

Since it's probably impractical to make a list of every item QS sells, then your levels could simply be a percentage off the price listed on the QS site itself.
Thanks for the reminder. Working on it, will update ASAP