Professional ESC base on VESC introduction

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Professional ESC base on VESC introduction

Post by Flipsky » Aug 03 2018 4:48am

Hi, all
This is Grace from flipsky tech. a Chinese company , produces professional ESCs based on VESC( Hardware:V4.12/ V6.6
Firmware: VESC_default_no_hw_limits)
I'd like to introduce you all our products: Standard FSESC4.12 / FSESC6.6 / DUAL FSESC6 /DUAL FSESC4.12 (will be on sale in end of this month)
Here is the pictures and spec for the product.
Pls refer to following MSRP , all shipped from China(according to our experience all shipped single ESCs to EU , the shipping cost is no more than 20USD, the tax and import duty cannot be calculated,but we can register as lower value product to reduce your import cost), exclude tax, shipping terms : exwork factory, the warranty is 1year since shipping date(any defect confirmed as manufacturing defect, will 100% replace new product).

FSESC4.12 ---MSRP: 85USD
◆ PCB:4 layers, size: 40*60mm ◆ Current: 50A continuous / 240A peak ◆ Cells: 3-13S LiPo ◆ Voltage: 8V-60V ◆ BEC: 5V@1.5A
◆ BEC type: Internal driver support ◆ Weight: 80g ◆ FSESC4.12 Size: 60x40x20mm

FSESC6.6 ---MSRP: 159USD
◆ Voltage: 8V - 60V (Safe for 3S to 12S LiPo)
◆ Voltage spikes may not exceed 60V
◆Current: Continuous 60A, Burst 150A. Values depend on the temperature and air circulation around the device
◆5V 1.5A output for external electronics
◆ 3.3V 1A output for external electronics
◆ Modes: DC, BLDC, FOC (sinusoidal)
◆Supported sensors: ABI, HALL, AS5047
Attachments
FSESC6.6.jpg
FSESC4.12.jpg
Last edited by Flipsky on Aug 15 2018 8:36pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Re: Professional ESC base on VESC introduction

Post by Ianhill » Aug 03 2018 6:56am

Hello grace/flipsky

As you know I've just purchased the vesc 6.6 for a stand up scooter project so I will give updates to my progress with the board, but after our conversion unfortunately the motors you stock is too high a KV for my use on this occasion, and I can not get a hub in the 6.5 inch size so I will have to keep looking for a motor that suits my needs around 100kv or less and 3kw range.

Ideally what the ebike community need is a board with all the same specs that has double the output 24s and 120amp battery that would then tickle the tastebuds of many diy ebikers including myself to power our bigger hubs, If you could then link a small waterproofed screen to the board to display and modify the settings and the PC can be done away with they will sell like hotcakes.

I will give feedback on the vesc when it arrives, for me it suits my small projects perfectly 12s 3kw max is ideal and with the new dual vesc you have the small motor controller market on lock down keep at it decent value good job.

I don't think I need to say about the benifits of vesc motor control but for those that ain't heard about it check out vedder.se.

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Aug 03 2018 8:05am

Prices?

That looks great for skateboards. Too bad it can't handle just a little more voltage. All of my bike packs are 14s.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 03 2018 8:52am

I would have thought you can get away with 13s as long as you don't field weaken the motor beyond its 60v vs rpm/kv and then apply regen so the volts shoot through the roof but not played with one yet to say for sure or do I plan on going above 12s or near the regen vs kv limit.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Aug 04 2018 1:44pm

Nice to see another Vesc 6 Controller.
By now the latest version was only available from Trampa, but thy were asking a crazy high price for this little thing of hardware (Trampa Vesc 6 costs about 300USD).
This one is available for about half the price, the amp rating seems to be similar and it looks well built.
Maybe the powerstage of the Trampa controller is a bit better with it's direct FET's (low inductance board with ceramic caps installed very close to the FET''s), while Flipsky is using differnt FET's, BUT twice as much!
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 04 2018 3:33pm

The latest trampa model the 75/300 specs are impressive but it's a £1000 that's crazy price, And is the 240amp continuous battery's or phase ? If it's battery close on 20kw should be enough to cook most motors in seconds if it's phase it could be as little as a third so 80amps battery at 72v is still near 6kw constant and that looks more practical for a device of its size but makes the price even more shocking.
What are they building that for I thought they build mountain boards ?
I'm crazy but I wouldn't jump on a 20kw mountain board or even if its 6kw on a dual setup making 12kw would be :shock: to ride and on price

I wonder what market it's aimed at, the specs seem a little crazy to me it's got to use lipo to be on a board or there will be a giant 18650 stack alongside a minI esc just how many crazy people want a death board ?

Ebuilt   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Ebuilt » Aug 04 2018 9:09pm

Hi Grace, so what sort of August special deal are you offering to ES members on the regular 4.12Flipsky(mainly for Kepler friction drives)? :D 🤗
Last edited by Ebuilt on Aug 07 2018 2:05pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Flipsky » Aug 06 2018 1:52am

Ebuilt wrote:
Aug 04 2018 9:09pm
Hi Grace, so what sort of August special deal are you offering to ES members on the regular 6.6 Flipsky? :D 🤗
:D :lol: Follow our facebook@flipsky tech, then you 'll get more information about the promotions. Pls wait. We're planning on it.

Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Flipsky » Aug 06 2018 2:51am

Ianhill wrote:
Aug 03 2018 6:56am
Hello grace/flipsky

As you know I've just purchased the vesc 6.6 for a stand up scooter project so I will give updates to my progress with the board, but after our conversion unfortunately the motors you stock is too high a KV for my use on this occasion, and I can not get a hub in the 6.5 inch size so I will have to keep looking for a motor that suits my needs around 100kv or less and 3kw range.

Ideally what the ebike community need is a board with all the same specs that has double the output 24s and 120amp battery that would then tickle the tastebuds of many diy ebikers including myself to power our bigger hubs, If you could then link a small waterproofed screen to the board to display and modify the settings and the PC can be done away with they will sell like hotcakes.

I will give feedback on the vesc when it arrives, for me it suits my small projects perfectly 12s 3kw max is ideal and with the new dual vesc you have the small motor controller market on lock down keep at it decent value good job.

I don't think I need to say about the benifits of vesc motor control but for those that ain't heard about it check out vedder.se.
Hi, Ian, glad to see you here. Yes, I'm sorry that disappoint you for your motor. We tried,but in reality , cannot do it just 1pc. we're here to get more professional suggestions from end users . Thank you for your sincere suggestion here. IF more peopole want the ESC with 24S/120A, we'll consider to design it ,but not base on VESC, 'casue VESC only support 13S max, but our new product base on vesc6 can reach 120A/150A, still support 12S as max . Thank you for all information!

Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Flipsky » Aug 06 2018 2:57am

fechter wrote:
Aug 03 2018 8:05am
Prices?

That looks great for skateboards. Too bad it can't handle just a little more voltage. All of my bike packs are 14s.
:D Sir, you can get more price and spec information from the web: https://flipsky.net/. :wink:

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Aug 06 2018 3:10am

Prices are required to be posted here in the thread, along with other required information.

Please read the rules for the section and the forum.

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 06 2018 9:59am

Flipsky wrote:
Aug 06 2018 2:51am
Ianhill wrote:
Hello grace/flipsky

Hi, Ian, glad to see you here. Yes, I'm sorry that disappoint you for your motor. We tried,but in reality , cannot do it just 1pc. we're here to get more professional suggestions from end users . Thank you for your sincere suggestion here. IF more peopole want the ESC with 24S/120A, we'll consider to design it ,but not base on VESC, 'casue VESC only support 13S max, but our new product base on vesc6 can reach 120A/150A, still support 12S as max . Thank you for all information!
No problem with the motor I understand, I may have an alternative lined up so no worries.

I see trampa board's has a vesc with 75v limit ?
Ever seen the film, field of dreams ?
Theres a saying in it "If you build it they will come" that's only true as long as it's reasonably priced with decent spec.
I'd test and buy such a product, by the way list your basic price's before admin throw a hissy fit.

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Aug 06 2018 12:30pm

Another nice feature would be to have a 1-4v analog throttle input. While skateboards would use a PWM RC receiver input, an ebike or scooter generally uses an analog hall effect throttle.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Aug 06 2018 4:02pm

fechter wrote:
Aug 06 2018 12:30pm
Another nice feature would be to have a 1-4v analog throttle input. While skateboards would use a PWM RC receiver input, an ebike or scooter generally uses an analog hall effect throttle.
AFAIK it does have such input, but maybe Flipsky can confirm it.
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 06 2018 7:17pm

I can confirm vesc 6 uses all types of throttle interface no modding required but older vesc and esc can use a hall throttle with a servo tester, Its as much about the software side of things as hardware with fully mappable throttle inputs and tons of features that I've not got a clue to say the full capability of, but I do believe with the built in terminal window a bit of code can be entered so an additional button flips the throttle into a regen lever, I need to have a dig about and a play when it arrives.

Ive got an old gs4 phone and the vesc project bluetooth app did not like android 5.0.1 so I had to install a custom firmware (lineage os 14.1) to get the app to run on the plus side I've got 7.1.2 installed now so I'll use that as a control and display, Its a nice clear bright 5inch oled can't fault it for the price they can be picked up for peanuts.

Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Flipsky » Aug 06 2018 11:05pm

Ianhill wrote:
Aug 06 2018 9:59am
Flipsky wrote:
Aug 06 2018 2:51am
Ianhill wrote:
Hello grace/flipsky

No problem with the motor I understand, I may have an alternative lined up so no worries.

I see trampa board's has a vesc with 75v limit ?
Ever seen the film, field of dreams ?
Theres a saying in it "If you build it they will come" that's only true as long as it's reasonably priced with decent spec.
I'd test and buy such a product, by the way list your basic price's before admin throw a hissy fit.
Motivated! actually , we have plan to design ESC with high voltage and big current, but still not decide some details. Pls wait, I will release it some day.

Flipsky   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Flipsky » Aug 08 2018 4:05am

madin88 wrote:
Aug 06 2018 4:02pm
fechter wrote:
AFAIK it does have such input, but maybe Flipsky can confirm it.
Yes, our ESC supports it.

district9prawn   100 W

100 W

Post by district9prawn » Aug 08 2018 8:04am

fechter wrote:
The vesc actually has two adc inputs. A third is also available but unused unless you want to code your own application for it. A button can also be configured on top of the two adc's.

The existing firmware allows for:
  • forward
  • forward reverse center
  • forward with button reverse
  • forward reverse on adc2 and button brake
  • forward brake center no reverse (tesla mode)
  • forward no reverse brake button
  • forward no reverse brake on adc2
Neu 8057 6kW left hand drive hardtail: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96754

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Aug 08 2018 2:44pm

district9prawn wrote:
Aug 08 2018 8:04am
The existing firmware allows for:
  • forward
  • forward reverse center
  • forward with button reverse
  • forward reverse on adc2 and button brake
  • forward brake center no reverse (tesla mode)
  • forward no reverse brake button
  • forward no reverse brake on adc2
Ok so it can do regen (brake) and go into revers.
Do you now if it can be configured so that it works like modern ebike controllers?
I mean one hall-throttle for throttle, and a second one for use as a variable e-brake.

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 08 2018 2:57pm

Cheers district9prawn.
From what I gather on the current firmware to use the throttle as a regen lever ADC 1 is used for a hall throttle and then ADC 2 shorts RX to ground via a button to swap the throttle function to regen.

I Like this feature alot it will keep the handle bars bare but with loads of function, I like to use hydraulic brakes this way all I need is an extra button and a hall throttle along with 2 step ignition that turns the ride on the stage 2 activates lights, A good mobile phone holder to hold the dedicated galaxy s4 so I can use GPS map, video camera, while viewing the vesc's data and that's my Santa list full.

Just got to work out how to do video overlay with it like ackermaniac does.

Addy   100 W

100 W

Post by Addy » Aug 08 2018 3:10pm

madin88 wrote:
Aug 08 2018 2:44pm
Ok so it can do regen (brake) and go into revers.
Do you now if it can be configured so that it works like modern ebike controllers?
I mean one hall-throttle for throttle, and a second one for use as a variable e-brake.
Yes, this is possible. I do this on my ebike. The VESC-Tool software allows you to customize the voltage mapping for both throttle and brake so in theory a very wide range of analog signals could be used.

I did also try the configuration where you have a variable throttle which can be turned into variable brake when you hold the brake button. I didn't like this mode because pressing/releasing the button while the throttle is fully on makes the controller instantly switch between full brake / full acceleration. This caused a lot of stress to the belt drive system I was using at the time.

district9prawn   100 W

100 W

Post by district9prawn » Aug 09 2018 7:36am

I took another look at the source code and you can actually use two adcs and two buttons. The buttons short rx and tx. I wonder if this could be a handy way to trigger field weakening. I've been looking for a crude way to implement it that is within my rather poor programming ability.
Addy wrote:
Aug 08 2018 3:10pm
I did also try the configuration where you have a variable throttle which can be turned into variable brake when you hold the brake button. I didn't like this mode because pressing/releasing the button while the throttle is fully on makes the controller instantly switch between full brake / full acceleration. This caused a lot of stress to the belt drive system I was using at the time.
Other than the sudden inversion of power with button brake, I feel that it is also asking for accidental WOT woes. I don't think my uncoordinated brain could handle it.
Neu 8057 6kW left hand drive hardtail: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96754

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 09 2018 9:31am

I've read that rx to gnd flips the throttle to a brake and then tx to ground activates cruise control.

I never use cruise control so if that could be coded to a field weaken/turbo button all I need to do is bunny hop and knight industries ain't got shit on me, KITT who? I got more tech in a kiddies scooter.

Ianhill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Aug 10 2018 9:15am

Can not argue with that postage I ordered on Sunday and received it on Friday.
First impressions are the quality in hand feels good and the packaging it arrived in was as electro static with plenty of protection so i received with a perfectly non flawed finish to the device.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Aug 10 2018 12:47pm

What is the max ERPM a VESC 4.12 or 6.6 can do in FOC mode?