FS: New - Stealth FUTR Alpha - Completed bike 12KW [SOLD]

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

FS: New - Stealth FUTR Alpha - Completed bike 12KW [SOLD]

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 26 2018 7:51am

Up for sale is my recently completed Chrome Stealth Alpha. This bike has been a labour of love over the last several years and I will be sad to see it go, especially as I have not been able to ride it apart from a few test rides. Everything about this bike has been meticulously planned and well thought out and while in many ways this bike was my dream creation, I also realised very quickly after first trying it out, that I may well kill myself riding it with the insane amount of power and speed it offers.
P1070762 (Medium).JPG
The reason I am selling is I have several other projects I am very keen to get into, but need the funds first. I already have a Stealth Fighter I love riding, so the Alpha will just have to go unfortunately.

This bike is a one of a kind in several ways. The Chrome is unique and this was the only Alpha made in this colour. I am told that the Stealth factory decided after making this frame that it was too hard to powder coat in Chrome and therefore did not offer it after this example. The rear tyre is the fattest you will see on any Alpha, period. In order to fit the monster 18x3" Shinko tyre in the swing-arm, I had to cut a small amount of the side knobs by hand.

Where-ever possible I colour matched the components with the black/chrome theme to keep the bike looking ace while selecting quality components where it matters.
Specs are as follows...

General components:
Frame/Swingarm - Chrome Stealth FUTR
Front fork - DNM USD-8 Air Fork 1-1/8" 203mm 20mm Axle (with Chrome fork protectors)
Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series
Rear shock - DNM Mountain Downhill Bike Rear Shock
Handlebars - Funn Flame On Flat Bar
Grips - Ergon GP1-L Large Ergo
Stem - Spank Spike Race Stem
Seatpost - Gravity Light FTC
Seatpost clamp - Hope QR Black 34.9mm
Seat - Selle San Marco Siena Saddle (Very comfy)

Wheels/Brakes:
Front Wheel - 26" Nukeproof Generator
Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DHF - Dual Ply
Front Mudguard - Zefal Deflector FM60
Rear Wheel/Rim - 18" Alloy Moped rim with stainless 12g spokes
Rear Tyre - Shinko SR 241 350-18
Front Brake - Magura MT5
Rear Brake - Magura MT2
Regen - Variable Regen sensors on both levers
Disc rotors - Magura Storm Rotors

Drivetrain:
Pedals - Shimano GR500 Flat MTB Pedals
Cranks - Alloy Crank-PCD 110 - 165mm
Chainrings - 38T, 52T, 60T
Rear Freewheel - 5 Speed Sunrace 14-28T (Ready for a derailleur if desired)
Chain - Shimano IG51
Chain Tensioner - 11T Aluminum Black

Electrics:
Motor - MXUS 3K Turbo with 10ml Ferro Fluid, Hub-sinks, upgraded (8AWG Silicone to the axle) phase wires, dual hall sensors/wires, and temp sensor
Controller - Adaptto Midi-E with custom heat-sink cooling (Unlocked)
Display - Updated Adaptto Midi-E display with black sides and USB charging
Throttle - Thumb throttle
Regen - Variable regen hall sensors with magnets attached to brake levers
Wires protection - Custom designed, 3D printed wire cover/bash guard and rubber sleeve
Battery - 2Kwh, 72V 30AH LiPo with in-line 160A circuit breakers.
Battery protection - 3X JST to Parallel port adaptors to allow 3X battery medics balancing while charging (see photo below)
Charger - Compact Alloy Shell 325W 75V with XLR connector

Performance:
Max speed - 90kph+ with OVS 7
Range - 50-100km+ depending on terrain and riding style
Weight: Approx 48Kgs
Torque: 300NM in Boost mode
Power profiles - Eco: 3KW, Normal: 5.5KW, Boost: 12KW (these can be changed as desired)
Charge time: 80% 4 hours, 100% 6 hours

The bike is essentially new. The only components with some use are the front forks (came off my Fighter with about 1000km) and the battery which has about 30 light cycles on it, also from my Fighter.
As for performance, I have been able to push nearly 14KW through it, but that is dependant on battery temp, motor temp, charge state, etc, so I'm calling it a 12KW bike as this is what it can reliably achieve.

A few components and custom made parts on this bike need a special mention.
The Battery is made from 9X 10AH 6S Multistar packs in an 18S 30AH configuration with a custom harness and padding encased within heatshrink. One pack sits on top in order for this configuration to work. There is also 2X 80A circuit breakers in parallel that sit on top of the pack for protection. 3X JST leads run up to a 24 Pin Parallel port in the neck. This allows you to connect 3X 6S Battery medics while it is charging and balance the cells as they are charged resulting in much quicker and safer balancing. I love this solution so much I will be modifying all my other bikes with the same setup.

The Controller has been modified with heat-sinks to ensure it always remains cool. There is also a custom designed 3D printed wires cover/bash guard to protect with wires and make it easy to service.

The 60T front chain ring is huge, but does not look out of place and when combined with the rear 14T cog still allows pedalling at up to 65kph. The 52T chain ring is there to allow lowering the gear ratio when hill climbing or on single track and the 38T chain ring is for pedalling it home if the battery ever goes flat. In the rear the 5 speed rear cluster allows an easy move to a rear derailleur setup if desired. I have not bothered with one yet as the bike has so much power it is unnecessary, but I may add one down the track.

The MXUS 3K hub motor has been upgraded with 8AWG silicon wires to the axle, 10ml Ferro Fluid and HubSinks to allow for this huge power to be pumped through it without it getting too hot too fast. Blasting around in Boost mode up steep hills still gets it hot, but it will cool off really fast when cruising around town. It's harder to overheat in Normal mode and impossible in Eco mode. Keep in mind, Normal mode is still 5.5KW...the same as a Stock Stealth Bomber and Eco mode is 3KW...the same as a stock Stealth Fighter.
In Boost mode this thing wants to pop power wheelies all day long and will still lift the front wheel easily above 50Kph which is scary as hell. Even in Normal mode the front wheel will lift quite easily and the bike pulls very hard. Eco mode provides a very decent amount of power at 3KW which is more than enough to go exploring long range at decent speed without worrying about the battery going flat.

This bike can really do it all and I will be sad to see it go, but I am keen to sink my teeth into some other exiting projects so I simply need the funds to do so.

Asking price is $7000 ono.
As a guide, this bike has more than double the performance and far higher quality components than a new Stealth Bomber which costs well over $10000.
P1070763 (Medium).JPG
P1070765 (Medium).JPG
P1070775 (Medium).JPG
P1070766 (Medium).JPG
P1070773 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4773 (Medium).JPG
P1070767 (Medium).JPG
P1070772 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4751 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4748 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4780 (Medium).JPG
P1070764 (Medium).JPG
Feel free to ask any questions or make me an offer via PM.

Cheers
Last edited by Cowardlyduck on Nov 16 2018 8:17pm, edited 6 times in total.
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

The stuff I make and modify.

Pinotman   1 mW

1 mW

Re: FS: New - Stealth FUTR Alpha - Completed bike 12KW [AUS Only]

Post by Pinotman » Aug 29 2018 7:29am

CD, well done. My compliments I'm not a bike builder ... I just ride them ( horrible in this forum yeah - but maybe your target market to sell ??) .. but this is a very smart quality build on this FUTR alpha... The bike looks incredible with your posted pics visually to the eye, its unique with its chrome finish and I am salivating ( close to drooling) with the quality components and innovation you have chosen to use in the build.

I have shown the specs and pics to some motorbike mates mates who are just getting into ebikes themselves in the hope they will be interested and the feedback is they love it and 'almost' can appreciate the work you have put into the project.

I have two stealth fighters that I love riding - IMHO they currently can't be beat for reliabilty and consistent 'old blokes fun ... but wow the weight of 39ks for an alpha of this power is sure exciting to see and very tempting to have a crack at.

The color of your forks are Gold though.. I understand they came off another bike.. Not sure why you have used those as they detract from balance of the bike with its chrome and Black theme.

I wonder how the bike will handle off road. Where have you tested it so far... not too heavy for some simple single tracks/ fire trails would rock and I ride a lot of rocky drop off down hills at least twice a week.

It's an extremely attractive package. I love your work and would love to have your LIPO amp hours on your bikes on my Fighters - you seem to know how to extract each spare inch of space out of a battery frame.. that's for sure.

Cheers nic.

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 29 2018 9:04pm

Thanks for the kind feedback Nic! And thanks for sharing it with others!
The kind of person who understands the quality and effort that has been put into this bike is the kind of person I want to buy it. I'm happy to wait for the right person to come along as I don't want to sell to someone who doesn't understand what makes this bike so special.

Yeah, the forks colour is not ideal, but they are the right forks for the job and I did not want to buy new forks just so the colour can match. They could be easily painted another colour if it's really a big problem though.

I have tested the bike off-road a few times to make sure it holds up, and I can say it's AMAZING! In Normal mode this thing pulls so hard time after time without issue. Boost mode is a blast also, but can start to overheat the motor with repeated hard pulls or steep uphill stuff. This is understandable considering it's pumping 12KW through a 3KW rated motor. Boost mode is best suited to road use or fire trails, while Normal mode is awesome through the whoops and tight single trail. Eco mode (still 3KW) is still plenty of fun and great for letting the motor cool down after too much Boost mode fun, or will guarantee the max range of over 100km.

Getting the high discharge, high capacity battery to fit was certainly a challenge and required lots of planning and work to package up the batteries with enough insulation and padding to make it safe. Installing and removing the battery can be a bit tricky and is a two person job as it requires holding up the top pack and circuit breakers while sliding the bottom main pack into place and connecting up all the connectors. That being said, once it's in and you start riding, you quickly forget about the challenge and it's all worth it. :)
As for fitting this kind of capacity into a Fighter....it is possible...I've done it. I think I'm possibly still the only person in the world so far to have done it, but I now have a 2.5Kwh pack in my Fighter. Technically it's capable of 200km range, although I haven't tested that yet.

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Sep 26 2018 7:37pm

Hi guys,

I have replaced the SPD pedals with some Shimano GR500 Flat MTB Pedals. I figured my personal taste to have SPD pedals on a high powered E-Bike is pretty unique and it's highly unlikely who ever ends up buying this bike will want them. The GR500 pedals are a very decent quality unit that can take some abuse. They have adjustable grip screws and have a large platform to suit a variety of pedalling styles.
DSC_4870.JPG
DSC_4870.JPG (120.04 KiB) Viewed 667 times
DSC_4871.JPG
DSC_4871.JPG (110.63 KiB) Viewed 667 times
DSC_4872.JPG
DSC_4872.JPG (106.21 KiB) Viewed 667 times
I have also dropped the price to $7000, so the value for money is only getting better on this bike. Who ever ends up buying it will be guaranteed to be blown away by the performance and quality.

If anyone is keen, but cannot come for a test ride, I will consider shipping it within Australia using Pack n Send. No idea what that would cost and it depends on location it is being shipped to, but at a guess it would be $200-500.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Nov 03 2018 6:56am

Hi Guy's,

If anyone was on the fence about this, you might wanna make a move as I've just listed the bike on Gumtree. I expect it will generate some keen interest and really don't think it will last long.
To wet your appetite, here's some more photos:
P1070780.JPG
P1070779.JPG
P1070789.JPG
P1070796.JPG
P1070795.JPG
P1070791.JPG
P1070794.JPG
Price is firm at $7000. PM me if interested.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Nov 16 2018 8:16pm

Sold.