Accelerated Systems ASI BAC 4000 & BAC 8000 FOC BT Controllers

evolutiongts

10 kW
Accelerated Systems ASI BAC 4000 & BAC 8000 FOC Controllers

Overview

uc

uc

Accelerated Systems Controllers are very advanced controllers and they highly configurable.
  • True FOC (Field Oriented Control)
  • Sinewave torque control for very smooth throttle response
  • Field Weakening allows 1-200% RPM Boost
  • Regen Options: Momentary, Variable (2nd Thr), Proportional (CAV3), and Throttle off Regen
  • Built-In Bluetooth Module
  • BacDoor Mobile App for configuring controller and datalogging
  • Motor/Controller Temp Protection, Battery over current / over voltage protection / BMS interface / etc
  • Compatible with Displays like SWLCD, Bafang, Bigstone, will have Color LCD Display soon

uc

ASI BAC Family (Peak Phase/Current)
  • BAC8000 730A/460A (Firmware limited to 460A Batt at the moment)
  • BAC4000 460A/460A
  • BAC2000 *Going thru redesign ~250A
  • BAC800 90A/90A

BAC 4000

Peak Power

• 463A Phase / 463A Battery

uc

uc

uc

uc

BAC 8000

Peak Power

• 730A Phase / 463A Battery
*Battery current limited to 463A due to firmware, I have been working with ASI to increase this soon*

uc

uc

Datalogs

BAC 4000

uc

BAC 8000

uc

Videos

*Gauges are using data from the ASI Mobile App's Datalogging feature*

[youtube]3gZz48yEb84[/youtube]

[youtube]9_lh9YrboQg[/youtube]

[youtube]p46pKDOa0i0[/youtube]

ASI Bluetooth App

All ASI Controllers have built in Bluetooth Modules

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Pricing

I have the BAC4000 32KW 463A and the BAC8000 54KW 730A in stock, let me know which you are interested in.

Introductory Pricing w/ 1 Year warranty and Bluetooth APP

ASI BAC4000
$550 (ASI Controller, 2 x Molex Connectors and Pins + Documentation, Support, Tuning, pre-programmed profile for your motor)
+$50 for harness, I will match up any wiring / connectors you need
+$50 Cycle Analyst Harness with 300A Shunt

ASI BAC8000
$750 (ASI Controller, 2 x Molex Connectors and Pins + Documentation, Support, Tuning, pre-programmed profile for your motor)
+$50 for harness, I will match up any wiring / connectors you need
+$50 Cycle Analyst Harness with 300A Shunt

Working on a TFT color display right now as well.

Dual ASI Controllers BAC2000 / BAC4000

74V Nominal

78mph

41739445_10212305157240156_5074419940858003456_n.jpg

41627635_10212300982735796_8055376863486279680_n.jpg

41717174_10212300982975802_1010813487892398080_n.jpg

41733108_10212300983295810_1502473310686937088_n.jpg

1500W front hub and QS 205 3.5T 17"

[youtube]8KG8qH-oMpM[/youtube]

I will be receiving them in about a week.

I have the BAC8000 54KW 730A in stock, let me know which you are interested in.

It's probably a great controller but..
You know that 72V*463A(batt) isn't anything close to 54kW, right? I'd correct it if you're not using Alibaba sales tactics deliberately. :mrgreen:

Good morning evolutiongts,

From what they say they are top of the line most efficient - quality controllers, it will be great If they offer a complete solution to pair it with a compatible screen and also to be able to program it & check the statistics on the go.

A disadvantage is that the cable connections are not ideal for e bike use because they use screws at the top of the controller and the cables - connections look bulky & messy when the controller is placed outside of the frame.

The BAC2000 I think it's a nice option for the most of the e bikes because it is compact and the cables exit at the front.When they finish with the redesign 250A battery amps are a lot, it will be great!

What is your battery pack BTW ?

icherouveim said:
Good morning evolutiongts,

From what they say they are top of the line most efficient - quality controllers, it will be great If they offer a complete solution to pair it with a compatible screen and also to be able to program it & check the statistics on the go.

A disadvantage is that the cable connections are not ideal for e bike use because they use screws at the top of the controller and the cables - connections look bulky & messy when the controller is placed outside of the frame.

The BAC2000 I think it's a nice option for the most of the e bikes because it is compact and the cables exit at the front.When they finish with the redesign 250A battery amps are a lot, it will be great!

What is your battery pack BTW ?

I offer my ASI systems with a Cycle Analyst and soon a Color TFT display. You can also use a bluetooth app to program and monitor as you go. My battery Pack is 20S 32AH 10C

A member has flagged this thread due to their perception that the performance claims have been exaggerated. I am curious if this is true. Even if the advertised specs are overly optimistic, I am hearing reports that the ASI controllers work quite well.

I encourage anyone who has actual hands-on experience to please post a quick snap shot of your experience with ASI controllers.

This is copy and paste from this link from ASI's site:
http://accelerated-systems.com/products/

http://accelerated-systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ASI_HIGHPOWERcontroller_JUNE2018.pdf

Pasted from the .pdf text:

INPUT (ALL CONTROLLERS)
FEATURE RATING
Nominal Input
Voltage 36-72 Volts
Input Power Software confi gurable
OUTPUT PEAK PHASE CURRENT
MODEL RATING
BAC 2000 150 Amps
BAC 4000 460 Amps
BAC 8000 860 Amps

860amps phase current at 85vdc (I run 21s).

Pasted from this 3p power calculator site:

AC three phase amps to kilowatts calculation:

Calculation with line to line voltage
The power P in kilowatts (kW) is equal to square root of 3 times the power factor PF times the phase current I in amps (A), times the line to line RMS voltage VL-L in volts (V) divided by 1000:

P(kW) = √3 × PF × I(A) × VL-L (V) / 1000

We need to convert our 85vdc DC bus to the AC sine wave RMS voltage, this happens by multiply by the square root of 2, making it 60.1 VAC RMS for the power calculator's line-line AC RMS voltage input need.

Select current type:
Enter current in amps:
A
Select voltage type:
Enter voltage in volts:
V
Enter power factor:

Power result in kilowatts:
kW

Which would be 947amps off an 85Vdc battery. I've never seen one draw that much power yet, but they will pull over 750amps off a battery easily. If I had a lower impedance battery maybe it would draw more, the voltage sag is brutal being a smaller pack than I normally work with.

The ASI BAC8000 is a beast that makes real HP if you can feed it.

I race against a race prepped 450cc Husky supermoto bike with a champion racer and launch-control, and it hangs with it.
[youtube]NiuLdMNiILY[/youtube]

It also hangs with the launch-mode on the v10 audi R8 until around 60mph.
[youtube]jjcgbetI5rc[/youtube]

are we breaking the perpetum mobile glass ceiling finally? :D The numbers are REALLY good for the BAC8000 but still not as good as 54kW or 80kW due to the battery current limit.

From first post:
ASI BAC Family (Peak Phase/Current)
BAC8000 730A/460A (Firmware limited to 460A Batt at the moment)
BAC4000 460A/460A
BAC2000 *Going thru redesign ~250A
BAC800 90A/90A

85v * 460A (battery)= 39.1 kW into controller, that does not equal three phase calculation from LFP at 80.57 kW out of controller
and that's without any voltage drop in the battery which would be something like 2-5V for an ok battery at 460A

I’d say proof is in the pudding......the Sur-Ron sure “looks” fast!

I’d do one of these in a minute if they had the Adappto “full meal deal” of BMS and charging.....it’s just so convenient.

Tom

From what I've read everywhere (forums, YouTube videos) this should be a great controller series but the big question is:
Does it adjust the timing settings "continually" in order to run the motor cooler and more efficiently compare to other controllers?
The big complain I hear a lot about adaptto controllers is how difficult is to find the optimal - accurate motor settings also when the battery voltage drops down you have to stop to adjust timing settings etc.

So if someone had an adaptto controller before is there is any difference with the heat produced in the motor at the same power levels ?

I’d say proof is in the pudding......the Sur-Ron sure “looks” fast!

When you buy a car with 100hp specified and get a measly 50hp motor then i bet you'd forget about "it looked fast in the video" :roll:

Come on! It's about overspecing and possibly lying to exaggerate performance by 50-100%

Lars, that sounds a small bit harsh..

That said, my non-informed opinion is that we run into physical limits. Wires, FETs, etc.
They may squeeze any extra few percent from tweaks to the design, and advanced tuning, but I think that would come at the expense of safety tolerances.

To me the compactness is the break-through.

I know that most of us don't come close to being able to use a 35kW controller due to limitations in the rest of our kit.

I am seriously considering the BAC8000 myself but my point is that 35kW and 54kW will never be the same and specs need to match reality when you're outside of China 8)

Let's assume it's just a mistake. Post should still be corrected or the mismatch explained

icherouveim said:
The big complain I hear a lot about adaptto controllers is how difficult is to find the optimal - accurate motor settings also when the battery voltage drops down you have to stop to adjust timing settings etc.

So if someone had an adaptto controller before is there is any difference with the heat produced in the motor at the same power levels ?

The Adaptto controllers have had many issues for users here but i would rate these as faults. There really is no comparison to be done with the ASI controller as i believe it's a quality controller.

In my previous build i couldn't see a noticeable performance diff between an adaptto and a kelly kls controller but my wallet sure noticed the 500$ difference in price.

icherouveim said:
From what I've read everywhere (forums, YouTube videos) this should be a great controller series but the big question is:
Does it adjust the timing settings "continually" in order to run the motor cooler and more efficiently compare to other controllers?

Forget to think about that.. This is an adaptto specific problem and you probably never need to care about mentioned issues when using different controllers.
On Adaptto the optimal setting for PWR_timing seems to be dependent on battery voltage, so it should be adjusted with the SOC. At least thats the case on my setup. If i don't adjust the timing, the motor will overheat much quicker and/or there will be a runaway situation.

madin88 said:
icherouveim said:

Forget to think about that.. This is an adaptto specific problem and you probably never need to care about mentioned issues when using different controllers.
On Adaptto the optimal setting for PWR_timing seems to be dependent on battery voltage, so it should be adjusted with the SOC. At least thats the case on my setup. If i don't adjust the timing, the motor will overheat much quicker and/or there will be a runaway situation.

Thanks for the reply, I was waiting an answer from an adaptto user that knows about timing issue that leads to overheating. So you say probably you won't have a similar problem with an ASI or Vasili's new controller.

I've already seen 750amps battery amps at 60Vdc with an ASI BAC8000, that's 45kW. In an application with minimal battery sag over 55kW should be possible. This is assuming it doesn't have software limits hindering it.

My ASI BAC8000's have firmware with a 730amp phase current max setting, but you can see from their .pdf it says 860amp phase current peak for BAC8000. I'm trying to get that firmware, because another 130amps phase current is always the right thing to do.

I've already seen 750 amps battery...
..This is assuming it doesn't have software limits hindering it.

Tha's a fantastic number for your controller! So it's actually at least capable of the stated 54kW :D

How long time is it capable to keep it at these power levels? Seconds or minutes or even longer?

The controllers from this post would still never reach 54kW as they are limited by firmware setting.

The 'for sale' post should be corrected, even though it will be pretty clear to anyone reading the thread now that they won't be getting more than 35-40kW out of it.

The numbers are impressive for a controller this size, right? And the price is not bad..

Has anyone opened one up?
I would like to see the power stage.

madin88 said:
The numbers are impressive for a controller this size, right? And the price is not bad..

Has anyone opened one up?
I would like to see the power stage.

When will you take a video with your new mid drive project to compare it with the upgraded Sur-Ron with ASI controller ?

I've already seen 750amps battery amps at 60Vdc with an ASI BAC8000, that's 45kW

I've read LFPs posts for years, and I've never caught him exaggerating. If he says he logged 45kW at 60V, then I believe him. Using that as a baseline for comparison, these controllers are rated to run up to 72V (20S?) nominal, even though a fully-charged battery can provide higher peak loads over the nominal rating (3.6V nominal per cell vs 4.2V fully charged)

750A X 72V = roughly 54kW nominal, and a little more if the battery is freshly charged. (20S X 4.2V = 84V). We all need to start collecting hands-on data on this controller family, so we can separate the real-world performance from theory and advertising. However, I have to admit I am impressed.

Back