Mobipus Controller Official

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
User avatar
ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1912
Joined: Jul 21 2013 9:48pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ridethelightning » Jun 18 2020 5:01am

shenta tsai, the engineer behind it, has a facebook page i recall, could be worth a try.

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Aug 03 2020 6:28am

Connector name:

"16 Pin FW-C-16M-B FW-C-16F-B " on google or on alibaba "hall sensor connector white 16 pin"

Took me an hour of research. Show some love pls. thx
Cheers
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

ossivirt   10 W

10 W
Posts: 90
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ossivirt » Aug 03 2020 7:11am

DasDouble wrote:
Aug 03 2020 6:28am
Connector name:

"16 Pin FW-C-16M-B FW-C-16F-B " on google or on alibaba "hall sensor connector white 16 pin"

Took me an hour of research. Show some love pls. thx
Cheers
Thats a lot of pins for just hall sensors.. Controller has 26 pin d-sub connector for all low power connections. Atleast my 72200 does..

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Aug 04 2020 7:38am

ossivirt wrote:
Aug 03 2020 7:11am
DasDouble wrote:
Aug 03 2020 6:28am
Connector name:

"16 Pin FW-C-16M-B FW-C-16F-B " on google or on alibaba "hall sensor connector white 16 pin"

Took me an hour of research. Show some love pls. thx
Cheers
Thats a lot of pins for just hall sensors.. Controller has 26 pin d-sub connector for all low power connections. Atleast my 72200 does..
yeah I know, it has nothing to do with halls but you can find the connector under this.
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 04 2020 8:14am


thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 16 2020 8:45pm

A couple of questions, if anyone knows.

I get an occasional "Motor Coil Fault Type B" error with shutdown, what should I look for?

Also, it appears that there is a firmware update available for the controller itself, is that advisable? I'd hate to turn the controller which is mostly working ok into a brick.

ossivirt   10 W

10 W
Posts: 90
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ossivirt » Aug 17 2020 3:33am

thoroughbred wrote:
Aug 16 2020 8:45pm
A couple of questions, if anyone knows.

I get an occasional "Motor Coil Fault Type B" error with shutdown, what should I look for?

Also, it appears that there is a firmware update available for the controller itself, is that advisable? I'd hate to turn the controller which is mostly working ok into a brick.
Never had that or any other issue that causes shutdown. Maybe your motor winding is little bit damaged and that causes problem in certain conditions.

I updated firmware when I installed the controller and have not cheked since. I updated pc program afterwards and kinda regret it because they changed the login system so that if I want advanced permissions instead of password I need key file that their engineer generates with my computer ID and that expiress after set time..

Android app would be nice for easier access too. I heard they have one but its exclusive for certain client of theirs.. 99.9% are probably oem clients so support for us little guys can be not priority..

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 20 2020 2:36pm

Does the LED status light do anything beside indicate power on? I probably will ride mostly without a display and maybe without the status light unless it performs other functions like error codes etc

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Aug 21 2020 12:19pm

Does anyone know by the way how to connect the hall sensors? The Mobipus has Hall B, G Y on its datasheet, meanwhile my me1304 Motor has "sin", "cos" and "shield". How do I connect them now?
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 18.26.59.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 18.26.59.jpeg (50.72 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 22 2020 6:33pm

My sheet has pins 18 and 19 as encoder a and b

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Aug 25 2020 3:38pm

thoroughbred wrote:
Aug 22 2020 6:33pm
My sheet has pins 18 and 19 as encoder a and b
Sorry, I don't get you
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

ossivirt   10 W

10 W
Posts: 90
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ossivirt » Aug 25 2020 4:10pm

DasDouble wrote:
Aug 21 2020 12:19pm
Does anyone know by the way how to connect the hall sensors? The Mobipus has Hall B, G Y on its datasheet, meanwhile my me1304 Motor has "sin", "cos" and "shield". How do I connect them now?
Hard to say for sure. I would put blue to blue and green to green so that leaves yellow to white. Test it with just a little bit of throtle and if it don't work change two of them untill it works.

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 25 2020 6:06pm

20200825_190100.jpg
20200825_190100.jpg (180.28 KiB) Viewed 409 times

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Aug 28 2020 1:03pm

thoroughbred wrote:
Aug 25 2020 6:06pm
20200825_190100.jpg
Thanks! So is "-Cos" = "Shield" ?

Because I interpret it as following, looking at your picture:

Mobipus = ME1304 Motor

Blue = Green
Green = White
Yellow = Blue

Or isn't is the second option correct? I'm quite confused to be honest haha.. :confused: :lol:

Blue = Blue
Green = Green
Yellow = White?
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-28 at 19.58.13.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-28 at 19.58.13.jpeg (58.69 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Aug 31 2020 6:46pm

I'm definitely not an expert but the Blue hall wire is completely different than a shield or ground wire. I'm thinking that maybe the blue hall is left not connected in your case.?

Have you looked in your parameter menu regarding selecting Hall vs Sin/cos sensors?

thoroughbred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 166
Joined: Apr 11 2018 6:18pm
Location: virginia

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by thoroughbred » Sep 11 2020 8:44am

Interesting but not surprising to find that Eco and turbo switches turned on at the same time defaults to Eco

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Oct 02 2020 6:39am

Anyone else having experience with troubleshooting installation of the Mobipus Software?

http://52.25.253.50/forums/viewtopic.ph ... be4b11229a
DasDouble wrote:
Oct 02 2020 6:28am
Weird problem: I've got the software for my Mobipus 72600 from https://ballaratebikes.com/pages/downloads but when I try to run the "Mobipus Motor Controller Control Console Installer 3.4.16" it gives me an error, saying "User is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click..."

Maybe important to mention: I haven't connected the controller per USB yet.

What should I do? I have tried to run the other applications like
"ComputerID" only shows my ComputerID
"dotNetFx..." (can't install it. It says I have already installed that)
Mobipus_Firmware_Upgrade_Tools_Setup_1.1.13 (shows the same error message, saying I'm not a valid user etc..)
Mobipus-TimeKey-UTC-20181203-1120 - says can't run that either, as it's "not a registry file".

What should I do?
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (48.84 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Unbenannt1.JPG
Unbenannt1.JPG (43.68 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

ossivirt   10 W

10 W
Posts: 90
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ossivirt » Oct 02 2020 7:06am

DasDouble wrote:
Oct 02 2020 6:39am
Anyone else having experience with troubleshooting installation of the Mobipus Software?

http://52.25.253.50/forums/viewtopic.ph ... be4b11229a
DasDouble wrote:
Oct 02 2020 6:28am
Weird problem: I've got the software for my Mobipus 72600 from https://ballaratebikes.com/pages/downloads but when I try to run the "Mobipus Motor Controller Control Console Installer 3.4.16" it gives me an error, saying "User is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click..."

Maybe important to mention: I haven't connected the controller per USB yet.

What should I do? I have tried to run the other applications like
"ComputerID" only shows my ComputerID
"dotNetFx..." (can't install it. It says I have already installed that)
Mobipus_Firmware_Upgrade_Tools_Setup_1.1.13 (shows the same error message, saying I'm not a valid user etc..)
Mobipus-TimeKey-UTC-20181203-1120 - says can't run that either, as it's "not a registry file".

What should I do?

Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt1.JPG
1st error is because off reasons with non english Windows version
https://www.google.com/search?q=User+is ... e&ie=UTF-8

Timekey is not meant to be opened. Just leave it be and once you open the software it will "read" it

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Oct 03 2020 2:20am

ossivirt wrote:
Oct 02 2020 7:06am
DasDouble wrote:
Oct 02 2020 6:39am
Anyone else having experience with troubleshooting installation of the Mobipus Software?

http://52.25.253.50/forums/viewtopic.ph ... be4b11229a
DasDouble wrote:
Oct 02 2020 6:28am
Weird problem: I've got the software for my Mobipus 72600 from https://ballaratebikes.com/pages/downloads but when I try to run the "Mobipus Motor Controller Control Console Installer 3.4.16" it gives me an error, saying "User is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click..."

Maybe important to mention: I haven't connected the controller per USB yet.

What should I do? I have tried to run the other applications like
"ComputerID" only shows my ComputerID
"dotNetFx..." (can't install it. It says I have already installed that)
Mobipus_Firmware_Upgrade_Tools_Setup_1.1.13 (shows the same error message, saying I'm not a valid user etc..)
Mobipus-TimeKey-UTC-20181203-1120 - says can't run that either, as it's "not a registry file".

What should I do?

Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt1.JPG
1st error is because off reasons with non english Windows version
https://www.google.com/search?q=User+is ... e&ie=UTF-8

Timekey is not meant to be opened. Just leave it be and once you open the software it will "read" it
Thanks a lot, this helped! Problem solved. I've installed in an english-version Windows 10-Sandbox (search for "Sandbox" on windows), copied and uploaded the folder into dropbox to get it out of there, downloaded it on my normal version and pasted it in my normal Windows10 Version (not-sandbox).
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1176
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by DasDouble » Oct 09 2020 6:21am

Does anyone have a pre-charger he could recommend me for the 72600? I don't want the big bang when connecting my 20s 600A battery to the mobipus. Don't want to destroy it without riding it beforehand :D
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

ossivirt   10 W

10 W
Posts: 90
Joined: May 18 2016 2:08pm

Re: Mobipus Controller Official

Post by ossivirt » Oct 09 2020 6:49am

DasDouble wrote:
Oct 09 2020 6:21am
Does anyone have a pre-charger he could recommend me for the 72600? I don't want the big bang when connecting my 20s 600A battery to the mobipus. Don't want to destroy it without riding it beforehand :D
Resistor with right value and size must be most common setup since I have not seen many ready made products. I run my 72200 with ant bms that I use as power switch also. It shoud have some kind off current limiting or atleast the fets don't arc visually.. :lol:

Post Reply