Sur-Ron - Belt upgrade KIT

Allex

100 MW
I can offer this kit for 375USD shipping included.

IMG_6368.jpg

Available now.

This kit includes:
Front + Rear pulley + carbon belt.
Everything you need to convert your bike to a silent machine!
Gearing is equivalent to a 52T chain sprocket and 1:8.25 in total(final) reduction final gear ratio.
Estimate price for the kit is now 375USD including shipping to any country

Manual - work in progress:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19LQuMzoEeBFCZKxCVCsYm_Ag93U0V1WRkBtWKMmAJIc/edit?usp=sharing

Thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902&start=3200#p1451579

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz4yXvuMhXo
[youtube]Pz4yXvuMhXo[/youtube]
[youtube]8yJhj1hx6Kc[/youtube]

IMG_6375.jpg
file.php

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• IMG_6029.jpg
    IMG_6029.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 13,792
How much are extra belts, and is this the price for both the long and short belt?

I like the silent aspect of thing but have zero experience with belt drives, so I'd like to ask for more details on how this works in the wet, especially how wet must it be to introduce slippage etc...
Have you maybe done any testing in the rain or mud?

Wet is not a problem at all as it does have teeth so it will never slip with proper tension. Take that you already have a belt on your surron now. Mud, it really all depends on what type of mud - if it is thick and/or with stones in it for sure it could be a problem.

Great! Can you make a version for the super Moto wheels? On road it would be great!

How does the efficiency compare to the chain?

Ooo, good question. Think I'm still running the stock 42t, though vaguely remember thinking about putting the 48t on it for fun, don't think I did though... Wife gave birth to our second kid yesterday, I'm still a bit loopy. :lol:

Feels like having a bit more grunt on the super Moto would be good, but really don't want to lose much top end on the street.

Maybe a 44t would be great? Though that might change after a couple more pots of coffee.

Only two kits left.
Belts are in stock, big pulley will be here next week and small one will be done within 2. Then I can send them out to you!

A lot of ppl are on the list but not a lot of them who payed in. So the last ones will go by "first come first served". Looks like I need to produce a second batch. But next one will not be as cheap. My calculations were a bit optimistic and I am practically selling them for the cost of producing them. Even tho I love this mod and I really want you guys to experience the same awesomeness, I cannot do charity for ever :D
Will prolly up it to 400USD

After that I will maybe look if it is possible to make them for 17" road wheels.

Belt drive: The best sur-ron upgrade on a street legal version :bigthumb:

I have seen Luna also brings a belt drive on a sur-ron special compleet bike asi 4000 etc :bolt:

Congratulations Alex!! One more successful project!
Do you have a riding video to see how it sounds when you accelerate hard?
I am curious to hear.

Thx! I have to do a comparison with two bikes for this to make it fair otherwise it is really hard to show the difference.
Have this for now:

[youtube]KIcHtNrBo6U[/youtube]

Nice 8) cant wait to assemble the belt drive kit, i am curious how much the noise level will be relative to the chain drive.

The sound from a fly by surron chain drive is not the real isue, not to much noise.
The driver sit down on the bike have the chain rattel noise of the chain wile riding....i hope this is less with the belt drive.

Any ideas if it’s possible to use an alternative belt, like a chain linked one, to avoid having to cut through the frame? Just worried about the structural integrity of the frame by cutting straight through what looks like an important welded structural bracket. Thanks!

I have not looked at them. Maybe you can retrofit the chain links?
Anyway, the plate was initially made for pedals and with the thick plate provided with this kit it is just as strong after the cutting.

Ant1pk said:
Any ideas if it’s possible to use an alternative belt, like a chain linked one, to avoid having to cut through the frame? Just worried about the structural integrity of the frame by cutting straight through what looks like an important welded structural bracket. Thanks!

What is a chain linked belt drive? Can't find any examples of one online.

No need to think the gates belts wil be a problem for the first 20.000km
zero motorbikes and more big powerfull e-motors use a belt so why think this belt on a 5kw peak power sur-ron
wil brake? the carbon gates belts are made for this and they wear out you just swap a new one on in a few hours

So this is what kept me from sending kits to you guys.
Finally I have the front pulleys on my hands. Will start shipping to all of you now. Most of you will probably have the package next week
Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_6456.jpg
    IMG_6456.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 11,777
Back