Thx a lot to all authors, I already enjoy our wiki
I know there are very few members who do write articles for the wiki ATM. Hope that changes this year
The fact that I am the first person who posts something to this subforum after months of existence may tell you something about
Plz feel free to post anything related here, this is the space to talk about this, not the wiki itself
It makes sense to make a New Topic in this subforum BTW, not everything should be added to this thread. Just because it is the first one, it does not mean to be the last
The most discussed topic here are eBikes, most of that discussed are controllers, motors, batteries and connectors
(hope I did not mess up the order of appearance). I focused on this and did write some articles in the past three months. Guess it would help most people if we would write something about these topics, since other topics about bikes like brakes, frames, lights and such things can be discussed elsewhere. But of course some work on these topics would also be welcome.
Most things I added can be directly access from here, which makes things easy to look up: https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/M ... c_Bicycles
I have some things that should be added to the wiki soon, but I dont have the time, maybe someone else feels free to write something or at least adds some links to topics that discuss.
Plz write some short articles, a few sentences are all it takes as long as you made a start! Make sure the article does not yet exist yet, there were three articles about Hubmotors for instance, when I began I had to merge these three, which was hard work.
Building Sites for short articles and lots of links with short description (readers notes):
- LM2596HV powersupply for peripheral powersupply for people who use <60V on their vehicle, like most do, link to PSU ( Laptop PowerSupply etc..) topic for higher voltages would be nice also
- how to build a good torque arm for hubmotors (should be added to the Hubmotor section)
- HowTo: Lost foam technique and Fiber-reinforced composite methods for building hardcase battery/chain/belt enclosures
- ways to build and solder Lipo Battery Packs (solder connectors and stuff, pics and videos are important here!)
- same for LiFePo4
- adding Hall sensors to brushless motors (Link and short article, how are the angles calced? what are differences to be noticed between 60°, 120°,WYE and DELTA here?)
- Article about Brushless motors (Inrunner/Outrunner, LRK Winds and other, E-RPM, Lamination thickness, Eddy current loss, Prasitic Loss etc. can be found on the Sphere and just has to be linked with small explanation) wind schemes for motors and why are these beasts called BLDC at all? They work with AC, WTF...
Some topics I will add in future:
-Tutorial: Re-terminate motors from Delta to Star/WYE
- The Forumscontroller Project or: How to add an Arduino to your bike and connect your Smartphone to it. Where to find software, PCB layouts and so on...
- How to measure Motor characteristics like KV constant, phase resistance and impedance
- How to build your own sprockets and pulleys? (some links are enough here I guess, should be added to the drivesystems section)
Things I added already:
-Tidy up the motor section, add Geared Hubmotors and how they compare to Direct dirve
-friction drive section
-controller current limit - how it works
-some maths: how to gear a middrive motor to human speed and some (proven) methods how one can do this
-which connectors one can use to build an eBike (XT60, XT90 and 4mm bullets)
-a bunch of motor data and measurements for geared hubs (Cute, Bafang, GM and Weifeng, I mostly did myself or stated the one who measured/calced ), GM direct drive hubs and the GNG V1 drive
-added some links to topics
Where are you people? Anything to add? Post it here and post your progress, at least with some small note so that people can see where work is needed