Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive

zackclark70 said:
to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive

Interesting stuff but even Elon states you would have to drive at 20-30 Mph to get 800 miles out of a Tesla not exactly real world driving, FWI Jehu mate only spent $13k

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
zackclark70 said:

Interesting stuff but even Elon states you would have to drive at 20-30 Mph to get 800 miles out of a Tesla not exactly real world driving, FWI Jehu mate only spent $13k

Cheers Kiwi

its all about the kwh the car is carrying i think it was a ted talks that elon musk said if you want a 1000 mile its possible just not needed as people need to stop every few h for a break and a fast charge is plenty fast for that

what you have to remember most of that video is downhill and probably done to get a tail wind its impressive but not as real world as they say if they were getting 250wh/mile they would have needed 187kwh tesla packs are way smaller if it had the same kwh and was striped as much as that car was it would do the same dont get me wrong its impressive but predictable

I see they stuffed the entire rear seat area with batteries. Bet that baby takes a long time to charge up on level 1.

But cool they could go that far.

zackclark70 said:
kiwiev said:
zackclark70 said:

Cheers Kiwi

its all about the kwh the car is carrying i think it was a ted talks that elon musk said if you want a 1000 mile its possible just not needed as people need to stop every few h for a break and a fast charge is plenty fast for that

what you have to remember most of that video is downhill and probably done to get a tail wind its impressive but not as real world as they say if they were getting 250wh/mile they would have needed 187kwh tesla packs are way smaller if it had the same kwh and was striped as much as that car was it would do the same dont get me wrong its impressive but predictable

I agree Bro like you say its impressive, and gives the DIY guy hope and insight on what can be done with less expensive components.

Cheers Kiwi

If I could stuff the back end of SB Cruiser with batteries, I could probably do 1000 miles in it on one charge. :)

(but I'd probably wanna pull a trailer with a bed and stuff in it, or put camping gear on the top of the rear rack).

Depending on how much the batteries end up weighing, I might need to upgrade the rear wheels/tires, though, or add at least basic suspension (leaf springs) to it.

amberwolf said:
If I could stuff the back end of SB Cruiser with batteries, I could probably do 1000 miles in it on one charge. :)

(but I'd probably wanna pull a trailer with a bed and stuff in it, or put camping gear on the top of the rear rack).

Depending on how much the batteries end up weighing, I might need to upgrade the rear wheels/tires, though, or add at least basic suspension (leaf springs) to it.
That would be cool you could cruise the western states on one charge and probably run a fan at night.

Cheers Kiwi

Back