streetlegal crosskart/buggy build 140hp

back to school.
first days are done with the exam's

but new problems for the project accor.
how do i get the Sevcons to work together? i wanted to split the throttle wire and send the same signal to both controllers.

but this throttle has 8 wires.. and not the usual 3/4 wires.
Zdf5TAm.jpg

i am guessing that 3/4 are for a extra hall sensor or some safety switch, so you never can get "wiskey" throttle?
QR61AgY.jpg

also I'm struggling with the fast charger. one off the drive lines had an fast charger (charge tank)
so i need to make a plug now to block one off signal otherwise the set won't work.

any tips how to find the type of connector that this is? cant find anything on the code...
KnZwp3p.jpg

IjuR9WE.jpg

j bjork said:
You should be able to run the controllers in master/slave mode, at least if they are sevcon gen 4.

yes the are Sevcons size 6 gen 4. but with zero software. not sure if it is smart to start with a new program. (i also think you cant just go into the sevcon without a licence)

i do have the old xiatt to program size 4 gen 4 Sevcons for the scooter of my brother (govecs) but thats a "normal" file where you can easily change parameters.
i am not capable of rewriting the program to let it work in slave mode.

any tips who i can contact to rewrite the Sevcons?

I only know about using an ixxat (or what it is called) can adapter and dvt software. You need a license for the dvt, but it is the can adapter that is expensive. I think you can keep the rest of the settings, and just change the ones you want. But it depends of if zero has a password protection or something.
There are some people in the sevcon thred in the motorcycle section that have done it one way or another.
I think you have to make some changes anyway when you use the motor and controller without the rest of the system from the motorcycle?
I dont know anyone you can ask for help unfortunately, it seems to be one of those things that you have to learn yourself with whatever info and help you can find on the internet.

j bjork said:
I only know about using an ixxat (or what it is called) can adapter and dvt software. You need a license for the dvt, but it is the can adapter that is expensive.

I dont know anyone you can ask for help unfortunately, it seems to be one of those things that you have to learn yourself with whatever info and help you can find on the internet.

i have the older version where you dont need the expensive software for.

but i do know Sevcon software is not software where you just go on and change some parameters and it all works. it is a very very complicated device. and has endless possibility's with a good programmer. but i will contact some programmers and ask if the can help me out!

Stoked for your build!

louis raaijmakers said:
any tips how to find the type of connector that this is? cant find anything on the code...

It looks like a Molex MX150. Possibly p/n 33472-1607? Watch out for the keying option, if it is an MX150 - there’s a couple of different options.

Regards,

Jason

nicobie said:
If you can keep the chains on both those motors that thing is going to run like a bat out of hell!

Well done. 🏁🏁🏁

for the specs it could handle that no problem. my next consern is the chain "Bends" allot of times in this setup what causes heat in the chain. and there so shorting its life time i guess...

so maybe a oil bath would work better of 2 seprate 420/520 motorcycle chains to reduce "bends"

Jason3 said:
louis raaijmakers said:

It looks like a Molex MX150. Possibly p/n 33472-1607? Watch out for the keying option, if it is an MX150 - there’s a couple of different options.

Regards,

Jason

thanks i am hunting one down!

Hello Louis,

-looks nice

-how was your vacation?

-I was also in Croatia on Brac, no rain, no traffic

-best testing area for not legal E-Power Trike with +30kW and +300Nm

BR

louis raaijmakers said:
how do you mean? if you put 2 motors together the encoder doesn't "line up" to the other motor... it isnt a dc brushed motor. (no offence) if otherwise possible i would like to know how.

but you can let a sevcon controller "slave" an extra controller. so they work together, thats the next problem i will work out

What you can do to get two motors paired on the same axle is to mount them on the axle and brackets with some adjustment range, then align the motors by energising the same set of phases in the same direction with a dc current. It will move the motors to the same alignment. Then tighten your mounts - done.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea though, put them in parallell and you’ll need an awful lot of controller amps , put them in series and i guess the motor current timing will be offset by the inductance from the other motor.

[/quote]
What you can do to get two motors paired on the same axle is to mount them on the axle and brackets with some adjustment range, then align the motors by energising the same set of phases in the same direction with a dc current. It will move the motors to the same alignment. Then tighten your mounts - done.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea though, put them in parallell and you’ll need an awful lot of controller amps , put them in series and i guess the motor current timing will be offset by the inductance from the other motor.
[/quote]

aha i uderstand, good suggestion. but i think the revolver on the back of the motor is very precise. and 1a2 mm off is a big diffrence in this motor. (my guess)

als i wont get full power because i use 2 sevcon size 6 controllers..

ecross said:
Hello Louis,
-looks nice
-how was your vacation?
-I was also in Croatia on Brac, no rain, no traffic
-best testing area for not legal E-Power Trike with +30kW and +300Nm

great vacation, nice weather and beautiful nature. did some very nice trips on my motorcycle there!

Whow brac is even nicer :shock: . that for next year!

Hello Louis,

Brac is also not expensive and vacation is nice here

-here a YT Video from one nice offroad and onroad Lap at brac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2ktDE2G1M&list=PLLNaxZLM4e_CLI9uBaVki0D-kQWS2LAAd&index=1&t=1511s

-my Trike is only 30kw but only ca. 70kg.....fun with +100kmh on Brac

-and bring the buggy with you

BR

here i am again, i worked for a few months to get some cash flow going.

i have replaced the input bearing from the diffrential, had some pitting due to turning the axle and not cleaning up the water residu...

now rebuilding the chain drive to 2 420 or 520 chains.

but mainly looking for an software engineer that can program the controller to work with the zf 75-7 motors,
so one off the controllers will be a slave from the other one. some one that can help me in that direction?

greetings

will post more photos from now on :thumb:

Back