TESLA

thank you for those videos.
as of now Tesla had made enormous progress .
Yes
some TESLA cars have a quality issues.
proliferation of EV all depends on battery tech,
BATTERY DAY is coming
enough Whours per kilogram , enough Wh per volume = end of fossil vehicles is coming.
who needs something so complicated with dirty oil/filter expense and mess and hundreds of parts.
BTW my Honda started to leak oil already, not even 150,000 kilmeters on odometer!!!!

I'm waiting for the next dip to snag a share, like I did with Berkshire B-stock.

I'm very excited to see what comes about from Lithium iron phosphate packs for Tesla; they seem to be easier to manufacture with a FAR smaller resourcing chain than 'standard' NMC architecture, and the benefits in cycle life and temperature resistance are well-documented. Has anyone ever done a side-by-side of the resource and manufacturing cost? Are they also a more "environmentally friendly" cell?

LiFePo are a retro step for Evs.
They may have advantages in cycle life , but certainly lose out on specific energy, and volumetric energy.
I doubt there is much cost difference either way, in terms of $/kWh if production volumes are similar.
.. And if Tesla really can make a “million mile” NMC/NCA/etc cell, cheaper still,.. then there is little advantage for LiFePo.
Most “end users” (EV buyers) probably dont understand or care about cell chemistry, pack size, weight ,cycle life, etc
What they will care about is initial cost, safety (fire risk), vehicle driving range, and possibly recharge time.,
To optimise those parameters will likely require some other improvement or a new chemistry.

Back