Sevcon powerpak

Bypass4

1 µW
Hello I’m new to the site. I have a 2006 tiger mini truck EV with a Sevcon powerpak traction controller. When I bought it the controller was fried and wires hacked.
We bought a new controller exactly the same as what was in it. At this point we should have bought something different as Sevcon doesn’t seem to be able to support its own product very well.
I am hoping to find someone who may know enough about these to assist in getting it going again.
I have installed a new powerpak controller, reman footswitch , fixed hacked wiring and purchased the calibrator for the unit. I now have it showing a personality error but it seems to be very close to running. Any assistance would be appreciated

There are like thousands of parameter settings in the software that need to more or less match what you had in the original controller. You also need a stupidly expensive programmer interface to make changes. Ideally you'd want to see if the OEM can give you the parameter settings file. If not, it will be very challenging to get it dialed in. You may want to search for somebody that has the programming interface and knows something about Sevcon programming (quite rare).

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately the OEM doesn’t have any of those records due to stopping EV production in 2012 and reformation of the company.
I did however take a chance and voided my Sevcon warranty and put the old chip in the new controller and was able to copy the parameters. It is now up and running.
I did find a reasonably price handheld programmer for the unit but usually they are $650 usd or higher.

Back