Hub motor Full throttle Issue Cogging/Torque

Rihen

1 µW
Please help me out with my current Issue.

Actually I am using Hub motor with Kelly controller 7230n in my Quadricycle.

When I start gradually with the help of throttle, there is no issue. Current measured by Clamp meter is under 10Amps as vehicle is on jack.

When I apply full throttle, Current spikes to 50Amps for milliseconds and then shuts off the Motor as BMS gives current short-circuit error.

Can anyone help me with this problem or guide me as to what can be wrong?

sounds like you need to program the Kelly controller to draw less current as your battery or bms can't handle more than 50a

Yes you are right.

If you can help, can you please help with my exact problem statement as stated below:

Problem:

Motor: We are using QS205 V3 48V 3000W hub motors for Quadricycle (4 wheeler).
Controller: We have used two K7230nc kelly controllers to control motors. (270A peak and 90A continuous current)

Battery: We are using 48V battery. Battery cant go beyond 100A continuous or cuts off at present.

In order to ensure smooth drive of Vehicle with 700kg GVW, how should I set current and battery limit in controller?

Note: One battery is providing power to two controllers and Motors.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Problem:

Controller: We have used two K7230nc kelly controllers to control motors. (270A peak and 90A continuous current)

Battery: We are using 48V battery. Battery cant go beyond 100A continuous or cuts off at present.

In order to ensure smooth drive of Vehicle with 700kg GVW, how should I set current and battery limit in controller?

Problem:

If your battery can only deliver 100A for two controllers, that leaves 50A per controller. That is what you set your maximum battery current for each controller. Phase current can be set higher.
This needs a little calculation, because afaik you set your battery & phase current as percentage of the controller's current rating.

Make sure that the Battery current setting is the same on both controllers. Try like 30% or so and increase it gradually.
By the way, why are you using a 48V battery if you have 72V controllers? The battery is limiting half of your power potential.
The best solution to your problem is to get a 72V battery that can handle more current.
I can already see the slow acceleration with just 5kw.
My ebike puts out over 5kw :lol:

Back