Storm Sondors EV car prototype

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool ride.. what do you think?

sondors EV.jpg

[youtube]jZnifrNXLig[/youtube]

Makes me think of my sister's ZAP Xebra. That didn't end well.

Oh those lead acid and NiMH EVs never had a future.

Or,..Myers/Corbin EV ..?
Where are they now ?
duop.jpg

Hillhater said:
Or,..Myers/Corbin EV ..?
Where are they now ?
duop.jpg

They're obviously gone or close to, for offering a product that provided really low value and low specifications.

But Sondors is not offering a low value, low range, goofy looking vehicle.
So.. what do Myers and Corbin have to do with it?

neptronix said:
But Sondors is not offering a low value, low range, goofy looking vehicle.
So.. what do Myers and Corbin have to do with it?
You dont see a similarity ?
And Sondors isnt offering anything yet,..its a crowdfund promo.
Do you seriously believe they could sell a 125kW car , with a 33KWh pack, for $10 k ?
....you cannot even buy 33kWh of batteries for $10k.

The average cost of a completed battery pack is $132/kw-hr. That could make the 33kwhr battery cost $4,356.
A more rational price point is $15k, but i'd still personally buy one at $15k.

In terms of specifications and price, there is no similarity between the corbin/myers EVs and i have no idea why you are using them as a comparison point.

I'm still waiting for a good argument against the Sondors EV car here, but that'd require you do some reading to find out more about what you're criticizing ;)

neptronix said:
A more rational price point is $15k, but i'd still personally buy one at $15k.
[...]
I'm still waiting for a good argument against the Sondors EV car here,

The ZAP Xebra cost about $10k new, about 15 years ago. $20k today is more or less the same, buying power wise. Without a major manufacturer's development budget or economy of scale, Sondors will be able to muster a comparable production quality for a comparable unit cost as ZAP did. They can aspire to better engineering and commitment than what produced the Xebra, but only up to the limits of their budget.

The problem with the Xebra, apart from low performing batteries, was that it was so cheap and horrible that even today's best lithium batteries wouldn't have made it a car any reasonable person would want.

Cheap and horrible with nice surface finish is what I have come to expect from Sondors bikes. I'd be very surprised if the microcar breaks that pattern.

neptronix said:
The average cost of a completed battery pack is $132/kw-hr. ....
Please show where a battery pack can be purchaced for (under ?) $132/kWh.
... then we can think about the costs of a 125 kW motor and controller system.!
Argument against ?......it is a deceptive sales pitch. It will either cost much more than stated, or it will not be completed .

neptronix said:
I'm still waiting for a good argument against the Sondors EV car here, but that'd require you do some reading to find out more about what you're criticizing ;)
I'm interested, but the video is from ~2017 and so far I don't think we've had any more updates. It looks cool! But you gotta pull Aptera , Morgan or Polaris-tier quirks to get people to want the tadpole trikes.

I hope soon we'll see more EV kit cars in the vein of Palatov with his track cars- kits you can buy and weld together that are built to race but can still do everything else as well. I want my electric Locost darn it!

Hillhater said:
Please show where a battery pack can be purchaced for (under ?) $132/kWh.
... then we can think about the costs of a 125 kW motor and controller system.!
Argument against ?......it is a deceptive sales pitch. It will either cost much more than stated, or it will not be completed .

That's the average of quoted completed battery cost production across all manufacturers.

The car is probably really $15k or the $10k is a mini car with more range, IDK, still a prototype, but promising

neptronix said:
That's the average of quoted completed battery cost production across all manufacturers.
Sure, industry promotion BS..!
Now show me some reputable reference (not internet/Youtube junk news), where someone is able to retail an EV battery anywhere near that figure.!
If Musk could make/sell a pack for $100/kWh,... he would not be selling EVs for way more than ICE equivalents.

Back