Re powering an E tractor.

ynot

100 W
Anyone know of a 90 Volt controller that will handle 25 amps +/- with external throttle, to drive a brushed motor that I would like to use on a repower of a General Electric E-Trac garden tractor.

Have wanted one of these for some years now & found one at a yard sale for $100, the controls for the tractor were a decayed mess of resistors, switches and solenoids controlling a shunt wound motor so am ripping it out and modernizing, needs a controller.
Would appreciate any leads.

There's a Hungarian eBay seller who has a bunch of applicable PWM speed controllers listed.

https://www.ebay.com/str/powersolutionsh

The Etrak is a garden tractor,..16-20 hp, so Zero drive train could be too much !
To keep it simple i would go with a Etec type 8-15 kW , 72v, brushed motor and controller.
Or look for something in the Golden Motor range + controllers.

Chalo said:
There's a Hungarian eBay seller who has a bunch of applicable PWM speed controllers listed.

https://www.ebay.com/str/powersolutionsh

Great tip. will contact him this evening, thank you

Hillhater said:
The Etrak is a garden tractor,..16-20 hp, so Zero drive train could be too much !
To keep it simple i would go with a Etec type 8-15 kW , 72v, brushed motor and controller.
Or look for something in the Golden Motor range + controllers.

Thanks, I have a salvaged treadmill motor which I connected up, put 40 volt batt between my knees and a switch in my hand, & drove it around, rather sedately. I also have Nissan Leaf modules which I can connect up to give the motor 80volts (in the treadmill motor was run at 110 volts, so 80 should work. All the golf carts I know of use series wound motors which is what I used for my craftsman conversion. I just happened to have a salvaged brushed DC treadmill motor which took three holes to bolt in, it will drive the tractor. 
If I was going to change from the treadmill motor, would look for an older series wound 36 volt series wound golf cart type motor and buy a curtis style controller, which is what I use on my etractor conversion that we did 10 years ago.

Back