Woah! Turnigy nano-tech being used in a Camaro drag car

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forum...-dragster-project-official-tread-53001p8.html

TurnigyCells097-1-1.jpg

All i can say is...

'BOUT TIME!!!

Hes a member here "EVdragracer" here's his thread on Endless Sphere..bit of a laugh..Liveforphysics
took the time to draw up a brilliant battery setup using bus bars etc etc and it was
completely ignored, actually pretty much everything he was told was ignored.

Seems he had the same attitude on the DIY Electric car forum judging by the post from
"Batterypoweredtoad " explaining why he was getting some negativity from other DIY electric car members.

"It's because the guy joined the forum with the "How do I do this? What? No way! I can do it better despite my obvious lack of knowledge/experience, you are all going to bow before me and I will ignore any criticisms !1!11!11!!1!!!" attitude. "

Pretty much exactly how it happened on ES when he joined.

KiM

Hi,

I don't think he is using Turnigy Nano unless he is either lying about his sponsor or he has another source for the same cells:
http://gas2.org/2011/04/05/car-feature-warp-factor-ii-the-81-chevy-camaro-ev-dragster/
gas2.org said:
...The Camaro, formerly of Lithumaniacs but now of Team Haiyin EV Racing, is as much a custom project as any drag car. A custom tunnel and floor house two Net Gain electric DC motors paired together, and the engine bay has been converted to hold two used Zilla 2k controllers...

...“I am aiming for 9 seconds (in the quarter-mile) but we’ll see how it does. Additional batteries should be here before the race,” he says, patting the huge black 70 amp hour lithium-polymer battery pack that takes up the entire trunk as well as where the rear passengers’ compartment. It is actually made up of 80 individual batteries in series that come from a Chinese company, Haiyin, who are Ron’s primary sponsor. “These batteries have a C-Rating of between 45 and 90, which means they can dump all their power very quickly,” he explains. “I have over 4,000 amps to play with, and those electric motors should be good for between 1,500 and 2,000 ft-lbs of torque,” he says with a smirk. “But like I said, we’ll see how we do on Saturday.”...

gas2.org said:
Ron holds one of the many battery cells that make up the Camaro's lithium-polymer battery pack
Warp-Factor-II-073-1024x685.jpg

Might be a source of Cells or packs?:
http://www.haiyin.net/en_products.asp?id=337&hid=337
Lithium polymer batteries for electric vehicles

Looks like an Ebike pack:
201122509331553709_big.jpg

4. How to purchase directly?
Pls. e-mail or fax your request to me anytime, Thank you!

The company has formed more than 40,000 Nissan bulk polymer ion battery, more than 100,000 mobile phone battery production scale, to become China's leading polymer lithium-ion battery suppliers.

LOL AJ, i didn't see that.

Yeah i noticed he sounded like he knew what he was doing because he got 'expert advice'.
Didn't read that thread all the way through but it looks like he may demonstrate what a REAL lipo fireball looks like..
Shady balance equipment, don't think he's even testing the packs..

I love me some HK Lipo but I never build a car with hobbyking packs, not even a drag car.

Remember the story of plasmaboy? This should be fun.

I know Frodus discussed with that guy Ronald Adamowicz (aka LithiumaniacsEVRacing) and his EV 1981 camaro

Apparently he have the nanotech compagny as sponsor and succeded to convince them to make larger Ah 1s pack for his next updrade!!!..

He said he would become distributor for them :shock:

This series built pack was only to get the show started. The company is designing me specific cells in parallel packs for EV drag racing. The second pack will be much smaller in size (ah) and use a BMS system. I might become the East Coast dealer for these new Lipo cells. I will load the warehouse when full production starts.

Ronald Adamowicz

President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
International Electric Drag Racing Association Corp.
http://www.IEDRA.net http://www.ECEDRA.com

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forum...dragster-project-official-tread-53001p14.html

Doc

if you read the thread on diyelectric car, halfway through, nano-tech are featured pretty prominently.

Admittedly... i did not read the entire thread word for word.

There is so many things fundamentally wrong with that chassis and setup from a race car stand point its scary, very very scary ride.

In the 1/4 mile, adding more HP can only help you up to a point. Lowering weight is just as vital, and I'm sure that is why this guy is going to LiPo. I'm glad to see it, because even with as many problems as his entire package may have, if he starts winning E-races, we will see more innovation concerning the use of large-format LiPo packs.

The more power you make the faster you can go, you can never have to much power on tap, when and where you apply the power is key.

Doctorbass said:
I know Frodus discussed with that guy Ronald Adamowicz (aka LithiumaniacsEVRacing) and his EV 1981 camaro

Apparently he have the nanotech compagny as sponsor and succeded to convince them to make larger Ah 1s pack for his next updrade!!!..

He said he would become distributor for them :shock:

Doc

Thanks for the info!! What a dream come true!!
If they can pump out 10-20-30+ amp hour cells, this will change the way electric drag racing is done, my friends!

No more big and heavy packs needed.. weight will go WAY down and the total drivetrain will be lighter than gas with much higher power output :mrgreen:

I just can't wait to see what happens of this. I am like a kid at christmas.

Big Tuna said:
There is so many things fundamentally wrong with that chassis and setup from a race car stand point its scary, very very scary ride.

Like what? I am interested

TurnigyCells125.jpg

For starter the driveline looks to be offset between the tail shaft and the rear end housing. Under load the driveshaft will want to straighten out the axis, IE throw the motor into the drivers lap.

Second Motor placement next to the driver is going to be a ton of heat, NHRA requires a firewall between any engine and the drivers compartment. So the motors are tinned around pretty much them inside a coke can.

Any car going faster than 11.50 require a scatter sheild or a ballistic blanket on the trans and drive shafts loops.

Putting that much weight near the back wheels helps the car hook, but the more weight you push forward keeps the nose down. That car is going to want to backflip plus the more weight you put in the back the heavier spring it has to run, heavier spring the less movement you will get out of the four link.

Back