Bombardier Sport E

Seriousknot

100 W
Just acquired myself a Bombardier Sport E. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about these or where I might get a manual?

Well it looks like this thing has a 72v system. Six+one batts. The charger puts out 72v/10a and 12v/3a. The seventh is for the lights.Bombardier Sport E 001.jpgBombardier Sport E 005.jpg The controller is a Curtis 72v 300a unit. The differential has independant suspension just like a VW only littler. Speed is supposed to be electronically limited to 25mph. In Arkansas there is no upper speed limit for NEV's so I will have to hack that right away after I get it running.

Power Wheels for big kidsBombardier Sport E.jpg

Great piece of EV history! From 1998?
http://corp.brp.com/en-CA/Media.Center/Press.Releases/1/1998.01.15.htm
Orlando, Florida - 1998-01-15

The Star of Personal Transportation Steals the Show and Is Quiet on the Set!
In a style reminiscent of the golden age of Hollywood and its leading players, transportation's newest star the Bombardier NV Neighborhood Vehicle, made its international debut at EVS-14 last month. Unveiled as "the world's first massed produced electric neighborhood vehicle" at EVS-14 in Orlando, Florida, the largest International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS) on earth, the Bombardier NV is sure to quickly establish itself as a star, and a new class of vehicle.

"We are very excited about the future of the Bombardier NV electric vehicle, and think it will be a star among consumers looking for a fun, economical, and environmentally friendly means of transportation," says Pierre Beaudoin, President of the Motorized Consumer Products Division of Bombardier, Inc.

Designed as a low speed, zero-emission alternative to the traditional automobile, the Bombardier NV masterfully portrays multiple roles as the perfect vehicle for the neighborhood, planned/suburban communities, on the golf course, at the club, or just about anywhere in or around your neighborhood.

In its 14th year, EVS-14 joined together the world's leading authorities and manufacturers of electric vehicle to celebrate both the past, present, and to plot a course for the future of the electric vehicle industry. Electric vehicle experts participated in multiple day meetings and discussions designed to offer insights, information sharing and experience on subjects that touch the entire industry, from fleet managers and community leaders to electric vehicle industry professionals. No stranger to technological innovation, the Bombardier NV model's World Premiere stole the show by filling a transportation need previously undetected.

The Bombardier NV electric neighborhood vehicle, is produced by Bombardier Inc., a leader in transportation innovation. The same company that has taken consumers for more than 50 years on journeys to the snowy wilderness on SKI-DOO snowmobiles, into the wild, blue yonder aboard Learjet business jets, Canadair and Global Express airplanes, onto the high seas with SEA-DOO watercraft, and the Bombardier NV is built on experience and style.

A blockbuster concept in design, Bombardier has rolled out the red carpet to showcase the '98 Bombardier NV models. All-new for '98, Bombardier introduces two versions of the vehicle -- the Class-E* and Sport-E* models. Each model is sure to turn heads, and is tailored to fit the needs and preferences of the owner.

Bombardier NV is the only mass-produced neighborhood electric vehicle on the planet, and is manufactured by the Recreational Products Group, a unit of Bombardier, Inc., headquartered in Quebec, Canada. The $8 billion company and its 46,000 employees on five continents are committed to transportation innovation on snow with SKI-DOO snowmobiles, in the air with Learjet business jets, Canadair regional jets and Global Express airplanes, on water with SEA-DOO watercraft, on rails with the Walt Disney World monorail and now, with the Bombardier NV, on the road.

Watts amazing, not one example in the EVAlbum today (yet)...

...where I might get a manual?

From Bombardier? Spin it like they were (are?) front runners... ahead of their time... They pay for the renovation/upgrades, you get them lots of promo/press...
:D

Are you in La Belle Provence?
L0cK

Hillhater, that's an interesting thread, lots of info thanks.
Lock, that too is interesting, I had never even heard of these until a few weeks ago I saw a bunch of these along with GEM cars up for auction on a government liquidation site. They were in Kalifornia though, which is too far from me. I live in Arkansas. Monday I was sitting outside a German Deli eating lunch and I saw this sitting next to an Auto Repair place and I recognized it. I went right over and inquired about it. The owner took it there for repairs 4 years ago. The temperature sensor on the charger had gone out so it wouldn't charge the batteries, subsequently the batteries went bad. I guess they thought the estimate was too high because they abandoned it and never came back. I bought it fairly reasonably. I don't know if I want to spend any money repairing it though, I may just put it on Ebay or Craigslist. Here's a video of one I found on UTUBE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bEUnVz814

Here's a video of one I found on UTUBE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bEUnVz814

Cute... how old is the driver? :)

Seriousknot said:
I don't know if I want to spend any money repairing it though
Watt is why I suggested Bombardier might chip in... nothing to lose by asking...
Corporate Office

Johanne Denault
Manager, Communications

726 Saint-Joseph
Valcourt, Quebec
Canada J0E 2L0
T 450.532.2211 ext. 5173
johanne.denault@brp.com

Spin away...
loCk

Lock said:
Cute... how old is the driver? :)
It's just a video I found online, although he does look a little young to be driving.

I have a 1998 Sport E and yesterday my daughter dropped a hammer on my right headlight. Any one have a spare right headlight lens, or know where I can get one? Peacock has only a right side, comes with fixture, $200! I''ll pay $150 for a used in good condition. Rick 209-988-4884, donker@well.com

Gregory said:
Seriousknot, there are some on EVDL with Bombardiers. I suggest if you're still stuck, search/ask there.
Alright thanks, but not familiar acronym "EVDL"

I decided to sell this so I put on Craigslist and sold it within 2 hours. It was fun while it lasted, now I have more money for my current build.

Back