Tesla Roadster test drive

SunCoaster

100 W
Fun, fun, fun for the 20 minutes of my test drive this morning. A little bit of gymnastics to get in and out; simple pushbutton drive selection with no contactor sound, quick steering, strong acceleration and go-cart handling; the regen braking really minimizes brake use. You get lots of attention driving one.

Wonder how much I can get knocked off the $109K price by trading in my '72 Sebring-Vangard CitiCar?

One interesting thing the Tesla rep said is that the actual amount of lithium in the battery pack only amounts to $50 of the cost; will have to check out the chemistry of lithium batteries and do the calculation to find out the actual weight of just the lithium in a Tesla battery pack.

This link gives information about the actual amount of Li and cost in a Li-ion e-car battery; the Tesla battery is 54 kWh:

http://www.tremcenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=505:lithium-contained-in-batteries-less-than-1-of-cost&catid=105:latest-news&Itemid=476

So, the sales rep statement is accurate.

Sweet! I'm glad you got to enjoy one. They are pretty quick, and I think they would make a great fun commuter car choice.

Mr. Hillhater,

I've just reviewed a number of your posts and you certainly are opinionated. Your excessive use of exclamation marks convinces me that you sir, are a Girly-Man twit!

Back