Large Cells ?

Electric cars, trucks, ATVs, NEVs - things bigger than a motorcycle.

Large Cells ?

Postby Charles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 pm

New to this forum and a question about purchasing large modules or cells . I was interested in finding high quality Saft ,Yausa type cells but seem not available to the public . The GS Yausa rep. said it would give the company a sore eye if any amateur hurt himself with that type of battery . regards Charles
Charles
1 µW
1 µW

Re: Large Cells ?

Postby amberwolf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm

That's a common response, when you can get one at all.

Basically if you want large-format LiFePO4 cells, you'd have to go to places that sell Thundersky, CALB, SkyEnergy, etc., or back-door places for stuff like A123; all of them in China AFAIK (or at least, sourced thru there).

If you're after large-format NiMH, you're gonna have to find them used, either from service centers or junkyards, etc., most likely.
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby Pete1961 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am

Did come across this company, Belive they make the pouch cells being sold by bmsbattery for us ebikers & a lot of other stuff not stocked by bms as not applicable to ebikes, too heavy duty. I have some of these pouch cells on order to make a 9.5 Ah ebike batt, so am the guianea pig here. Have a look round the site. (bms - introduced smaller cheaper 8 Ah cell just after I placed order. Pity none of these people seem to offer sea rather than air shipping as this really ramps up the price

http://www.evpst.com/productshow.asp?id=99

Belive Chevron Texaco own the patent of A123 cells, bought either to give them a future once all oil is gone, &/or so they can control the applicaton of these cells into ev's - thus keeping us dependant on ever more expensive oil for as long as poss. This is why you can only buy A123's in silly little sizes & end up putting them in parallel groups
Pete1961
10 W
10 W

Postby liveforphysics » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Pete1961 wrote:Did come across this company, Belive they make the pouch cells being sold by bmsbattery for us ebikers & a lot of other stuff not stocked by bms as not applicable to ebikes, too heavy duty. I have some of these pouch cells on order to make a 9.5 Ah ebike batt, so am the guianea pig here. Have a look round the site. (bms - introduced smaller cheaper 8 Ah cell just after I placed order. Pity none of these people seem to offer sea rather than air shipping as this really ramps up the price

http://www.evpst.com/productshow.asp?id=99

Belive Chevron Texaco own the patent of A123 cells, bought either to give them a future once all oil is gone, &/or so they can control the applicaton of these cells into ev's - thus keeping us dependant on ever more expensive oil for as long as poss. This is why you can only buy A123's in silly little sizes & end up putting them in parallel groups

I have some samples of a cell that looks physically identical to that picture, and it's one of the all-time worst cells I've ever evaluated.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.
liveforphysics
100 GW
100 GW

Return to Large EV General Discussion