Netherlands Start-Up Offers Electric Car

Electric cars, trucks, ATVs, NEVs - things bigger than a motorcycle.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Netherlands Start-Up Offers Electric Car

Post by LockH » Sep 23 2016 3:15pm

... For $37 A Week
http://gas2.org/2016/09/23/netherlands- ... r-37-week/
Would you pay $37 a week to have access to an all electric car with 250 miles of range and a top speed of 92 miles an hour that can accelerate to 60 in 7 seconds? For most of us, the only question is “Where do I sign up?” Amber Mobility of Eidenhoven in the Netherlands plans to offer just such a car. It says prototypes will appear in 2017 and cars people can actually buy will be available in 2018.
Its first electric car, appropriately called Amber One, is meant of move four people efficiently and as cheaply as possible.
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

The Toecutter   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Netherlands Start-Up Offers Electric Car

Post by The Toecutter » Oct 01 2016 1:45pm

It looks like a clay model right now, but that shape is extremely function-oriented, and it is claimed in the article to perform similarly to a Nissan Leaf in terms of acceleration/top speed. If they can gain a even a niche presence into the rigged automotive market, it will have promise. Most of our best innovation remains vaporware, unfortunately. I would hope this project doesn't suffer the same fate, but it tends to happen more often than not.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: Netherlands Start-Up Offers Electric Car

Post by LockH » Oct 01 2016 5:38pm

^^ Hehe... Yah, suspect looking for investors. Like crowd funding sites, but on steroids.
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)