Need help mounting these Tesla modules on my mower.

damcard

100 W
Converting my old hydrostatic Craftsman mower to electric. I am using a Motenergy ME-1004 motor. I got a couple battery packs from a model S Tesla. No controller, just a contactor. I have a chepo ah meter on the way. Trying to figure out the best way to mount them. Can I mount them flat, layed atop the motor with enough clearance for airflow, or are they designed to be layed vertically, on their narrow side? They are pretty heavy and am not sure how they were designed to be mounted in the first place. The long narrow sides have a flat surface that I could mount them with I think. But only one side has holes. Also, do any of you know where I would put balance leads on these? Thanks

IMAG0250.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg
IMAG0244.jpg
View attachment 5
IMAG0246.jpg
IMAG0248.jpg
IMAG0256.jpg

Haven't used Tesla cells but I do have 48v worth of 60ah GBS cells... I have since torn it all down and moved The motor to the back to run it like a Go-Kart. Aluminum angle plus a rivot gun worked well.

Attachments

• IMG_7588.JPG
    IMG_7588.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 913
Tesla modules are designed to be used mounted flat...pancake style...broad face horozontal.
Running without a controller, ? Why ? ....sounds like a real risk of destroying the motor as that pack could easilt feed 600+ amps to a stalled/overloaded motor.

Back