94 Toyota hilux dual cab, chevvy spark motor, tesla modules

so i have taken the plunge, chosen a '94 model dual cab hilux 2.8L 2wd diesel for my donor vehicle.
this is not just my first 4 wheel ev , but also my first car, period.
toyota_hilux_1994_petrol_1994_2wd_dual_cab_hilux_adelaide_south_australia_3930067489783458334.jpg

I would like to thank especially kiwiev, for making such an awesome comprehensive build thread, and giving me the confidence and inspiration to undertake this project
intended components:

7x tesla p90d modules (from okashira, edison motors)

chevvy spark drive unit with controller (hacked by okashira)

high powered led spotlights :D

I am hoping to hook the spark drive direct to the drive shaft of the hilux, removing the gearbox completely.
the spark drive should have enough torque to drive the diff direct.(400ftlb if i recall..) but the stock spark battery is 350v, and i will be running less than half that, @~150v,
hopefully enough to give me the fairly moderate speeds im looking for. if not, i may have to mod the tesla modules for double the voltage.

the diesel diff may be helpful here as it will require less revs of the drive shaft to produce a given speed when compared to the petrol version.

anyways, my intention is more to build a long range touring machine and workhorse for carrying loads, not so much a hooning car.( i use my bikes for that :lol: )

pics will be coming soon, any input most welcome!

Cheers
RTL

Well done mate,

If you can keep the gearbox for a start it would help getting your final drive right diffs are more expensive than gearboxes.
Have you got your batteries yet?

Cheers Kiwi

Thanks for the hint there kiwi. i might try that.
I hav not got the tesla modules yet but looking to finalise the order soon(pay invoice :shock: )

Back