India to sell only electric cars

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
... by 2030:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/03/technology/future/india-electric-cars/index.html

India is one of the world's most polluted countries. Its energy department said in a blog post that it has set the "ambitious" target to stop selling gas-powered vehicles in an attempt to clean up its air.

As the country's economy has boomed, new industries and commuters have spewed pollutants in the air at staggering rates. Now, its 1.3 billion residents are suffering. One estimate says India's air contributes to 1.2 million deaths per year. Doctors have said breathing the air in New Dehli, the nation's capital, is like smoking 10 cigarettes a day.

India's energy minister, Piyush Goyal, said recently that the country will help facilitate the electric car effort by offering subsidies for a couple of years. "After that," he said, "the cost of electric vehicles will start paying for themselves."

The government's National Electric Mobility Mission Plan wants annual sales of electric and hybrid cars to hit 6 million to 7 million by 2020.

"electric AND hybrid cars"... :roll:

I wonder if they have any pollution controls at all on the cars, or if it's the 1950's engines. American lawnmowers are still basically the 1930's engine. if you have a gas mower each time you use it the output can be worse than a few thousand miles of driving, depending on the size of your lawn. And Asian countries have a lot of 'Tut-tut's' with more like a lawnmower engine than an a car engine. Electric tut-tut's might be what does the job for them.

Bangkok-Cheap-Tut-Tut.jpg

Are they there yet? It's been almost 2 years. I've been waiting some time for their webpage to open. (Some sites are worse than others this weekend.)

I did find a pic of them pushing the greenie.

Maybe your luck with the epic journal will be better.

http://the-pilgreens.com/epic-journal/

Back