Electric Taxis coming to Langkawi

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
(Wiki:)
Langkawi is an island off the coast of northwestern Malaysia.

https://motiondigest.com/2017/06/14/electric-taxis-coming-to-langkawi/

Starts:
Langkawi, a popular tourist destination off Malaysia’s northwest coast, is set to welcome a fleet of electric vehicles (EVs) as taxis on its roads with the first electric taxi expected to begin rolling by year-end.

Sources familiar with the matter says the fleet is expected to number around 40 EVs, which will be operated by local taxi drivers. Details are scarce but it is believed that BYD E6, Hyundai Ionic (all-electric) and the Nissan Leaf are among the models being looked at. Sources say the federal government would support the set-up of the charging infrastructure.

003501-01-resort-view-pool.jpg

8)

Langkawi is a tax free island. You can buy a tax free car there but have to pay the taxes if you want to bring it to the main land. I've been there a few times. Really nice place to spend your vacation, if you can stand the hot & humid climate. :mrgreen:

Hehe... Hi Malaysia... "buy a tax free car"... nEVer mind all that. Any sign of that fleet of electric taxis "expected to begin rolling by year-end"? Was hoping the island would go "small scale" vehicles more tuk tuk-sized... :)

Hehe... "if you can stand the hot & humid"... It's watt I do... having been surrounded by beaches and lakes and oceans for much of my life. My concern for any vehicles would be sand. :)

Back