Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Electric cars, trucks, ATVs, NEVs - things bigger than a motorcycle.
Post Reply
User avatar
kiwiev   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 999
Joined: Mar 22 2015 4:19am
Location: Jindabyne NSW Australia

Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by kiwiev » Jul 26 2017 5:24pm

These guys are true pioneers

What do you think?



Cheers Kiwi

zackclark70   100 W

100 W
Posts: 205
Joined: Feb 21 2014 4:46am
Location: My House UK :)

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by zackclark70 » Jul 26 2017 6:43pm

to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive

User avatar
kiwiev   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 999
Joined: Mar 22 2015 4:19am
Location: Jindabyne NSW Australia

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by kiwiev » Jul 26 2017 7:52pm

zackclark70 wrote:to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive
Interesting stuff but even Elon states you would have to drive at 20-30 Mph to get 800 miles out of a Tesla not exactly real world driving, FWI Jehu mate only spent $13k


Cheers Kiwi

zackclark70   100 W

100 W
Posts: 205
Joined: Feb 21 2014 4:46am
Location: My House UK :)

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by zackclark70 » Jul 26 2017 8:18pm

kiwiev wrote:
zackclark70 wrote:to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive
Interesting stuff but even Elon states you would have to drive at 20-30 Mph to get 800 miles out of a Tesla not exactly real world driving, FWI Jehu mate only spent $13k


Cheers Kiwi
its all about the kwh the car is carrying i think it was a ted talks that elon musk said if you want a 1000 mile its possible just not needed as people need to stop every few h for a break and a fast charge is plenty fast for that

what you have to remember most of that video is downhill and probably done to get a tail wind its impressive but not as real world as they say if they were getting 250wh/mile they would have needed 187kwh tesla packs are way smaller if it had the same kwh and was striped as much as that car was it would do the same dont get me wrong its impressive but predictable

User avatar
fechter   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13957
Joined: Dec 31 2006 3:23pm
Location: California Bay Area, USA

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by fechter » Jul 26 2017 9:00pm

I see they stuffed the entire rear seat area with batteries. Bet that baby takes a long time to charge up on level 1.

But cool they could go that far.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

User avatar
kiwiev   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 999
Joined: Mar 22 2015 4:19am
Location: Jindabyne NSW Australia

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by kiwiev » Jul 26 2017 11:12pm

zackclark70 wrote:
kiwiev wrote:
zackclark70 wrote:to be honest even 2000 miles is possible if you could be bothered to spend the money and drive that far i am sure tesla will do the first 1000 mile drive
Interesting stuff but even Elon states you would have to drive at 20-30 Mph to get 800 miles out of a Tesla not exactly real world driving, FWI Jehu mate only spent $13k


Cheers Kiwi
its all about the kwh the car is carrying i think it was a ted talks that elon musk said if you want a 1000 mile its possible just not needed as people need to stop every few h for a break and a fast charge is plenty fast for that

what you have to remember most of that video is downhill and probably done to get a tail wind its impressive but not as real world as they say if they were getting 250wh/mile they would have needed 187kwh tesla packs are way smaller if it had the same kwh and was striped as much as that car was it would do the same dont get me wrong its impressive but predictable
I agree Bro like you say its impressive, and gives the DIY guy hope and insight on what can be done with less expensive components.

Cheers Kiwi

User avatar
amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 27217
Joined: Aug 17 2009 6:43am
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group
Contact:

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by amberwolf » Jul 27 2017 1:40am

If I could stuff the back end of SB Cruiser with batteries, I could probably do 1000 miles in it on one charge. :)

(but I'd probably wanna pull a trailer with a bed and stuff in it, or put camping gear on the top of the rear rack).

Depending on how much the batteries end up weighing, I might need to upgrade the rear wheels/tires, though, or add at least basic suspension (leaf springs) to it.

User avatar
kiwiev   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 999
Joined: Mar 22 2015 4:19am
Location: Jindabyne NSW Australia

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by kiwiev » Jul 27 2017 2:26am

amberwolf wrote:If I could stuff the back end of SB Cruiser with batteries, I could probably do 1000 miles in it on one charge. :)

(but I'd probably wanna pull a trailer with a bed and stuff in it, or put camping gear on the top of the rear rack).

Depending on how much the batteries end up weighing, I might need to upgrade the rear wheels/tires, though, or add at least basic suspension (leaf springs) to it.
That would be cool you could cruise the western states on one charge and probably run a fan at night.

Cheers Kiwi

zackclark70   100 W

100 W
Posts: 205
Joined: Feb 21 2014 4:46am
Location: My House UK :)

Re: Jehu record breaking 749 miles on a single charge

Post by zackclark70 » Jul 27 2017 4:12am

wonder how long it will be before someone does Land's End to John o' Groats with 1 charge

Post Reply