Tesla-Powered Kit Car Runs 9-Second Quarter Mile + M3 PMAC

MitchJi

10 MW
Tesla-Powered Kit Car Runs 9-Second Quarter Mile

https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2017/10/06/tesla-powered-kit-car-runs-9-second-quarter-mile/

A company called EV Controls has stuffed the drivetrain of a Tesla Model S P85 and two battery packs from a Chevy Volt into a sporty kit car capable of a run down the quarter mile in just 9.869 seconds.

The company modifies Tesla’s firmware to work with their own T1-C controller, which summons an additional 60 horsepower more than the stock motor outputs. The kit car body from Factory Five Racing brings the car’s weight down to just 2,100 pounds, about 2,500 pounds lighter than a Model S.

http://www.ev-controls.com/
We now offer a standalone controller for the Tesla drive unit that allows you to install this powertrain in other vehicles. It is a touch screen based unit with a 7″ display.

The controller is available in two models, the EVControls T-1 and T-1C.

The T-1 allows CAN control over the drive modes (Drive, Neutral, Reverse), displays the infomation coming back from the inverter, and allows you to control and adjust the power and regenerative braking limits.

The T-1C does all this and adds 12 outputs to control a variety of outputs that any installation would require.

Get full product information by clicking a product below, or simply add to your cart.
EV Controls T-1
$2,499.00

EV Controls T-1C
$3,499.00

And I'm not sure if I posted this already, the M3 uses a PMAC Motor

I have been tossing around the idea of building this very car. I have enjoyed my ebike so much I have a hankering to get an electric car. I have had a ludicrous desire for some silent thunder. I figure with the recent weather in Texas, there may be a flood of cheap Teslas on the market...

Did you look any further into the conversion. i have teh P85 motor and inverter on its way along with the controller. The batterys I';'m going to worry about after I have the motor installed. I assume driven conservatively I should be able to go for short drives, not that its being built for that. I looked into the obvious battery contenders. The volt battery lends itself to most car shapes. As my car already has a monocoque chassis I don't want to cut anything structural out of the car. I have room underneath bit not too much as I also wondered about making a sub floor for a tesla style pack or the Bolt battery pack but the later cells only discharge at 5C.

Back