Pedal to Recharge your Ride Share EV

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
OK... Nobuddy laugh...

Toyota Wants You to Pedal to Recharge its Ride Share EVs:
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/06/toyota-wants-pedal-recharge-ride-share-evs.html

Starts:
Toyota’s U.S. research and development arm has thought up a unique way to reduce the costs of a ride-sharing service.

A patent filed by Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America (TEMA) and uncovered by AutoGuide.com describes a ride-sharing system where passengers can offset the price of their fares by helping to charge the electric vehicle’s batteries. This is done by pedaling or turning a crank inside the vehicle, as the figure below shows, which would help to recuperate some of the EV’s energy. The harder the occupants pedal, the more money they save on their fare.

Toyota-Pedal-EV-Patent.jpg

:roll:

^^ DANG. I said "Nobuddy laugh". :lol:

That is ridiculous... Surely someone at Toyota could have said.. errr no to the misguided individual who dreamt that up.

Does someone actually drive the car or are we finally plugging ourselves into the matrix power grid? The revolution has begun

awesome. i like it a lot and mixes my hobbies. they should do a bus! of course it would be much more practical with 40 peddlers and the wind and rolling resistance of just one bus. But getting up to speed would suck. needs a long rail and then no brains needed. why dont we have this already. it doesnt even need to be electric. where's the downside? i see pics of resorts in south asia with them but never seen a pedal bus in person. adding the motor and battery is now maybe easier to maintain than a traditional. we need to scrap the paved road system. go all in on something big again. Im all in.

with the power output of 600 pedaling jumbo jet passengers cant it get off the ground?!

"...they should do a bus!"......

:lol:

Back