buddy electric car

matsh

1 W
Hi guys,

im buying an older buddy electric car, its prodused for the norwegian market https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_(elbil)

the stock brushed motor is toasted, same with battery. original is 72V SepEx 13kW motor and lead accid batteries. going to use e-up or golf battery cells and a kelly controller keb12401. first time electric car build / hotrodding. built several high powered bikes and stand up scooters.
but i dont know where to buy motor for this project ? maybe some that can fit in the stock location ? and must be bldc motor, because of the controller i have.

i found that old used motor from salvaged citroen c-zero is relative cheap and easy to get here in norway. Y4f1 motor same as used in couple different electric cars. if i go for this motor then i cant use my kelly keb controller right ? what controller can i match into a motor like this ? if this is easier and cheaper than a new bldc motor that will work with my keb controller ?

Maybe you can look on the diyekectricar wedsite, they have a comprehensive classifieds abd there are a lot of used motors there.

Back