Who has speed limitation documented

Phrede

1 µW
Hi from the Noob.

I am considering an e-scooter for myself. I'm looking for a foldable stand up for; light duty offroad on my property, disabled mobility at large events, and some paved and unpaved path use. I hope to have it help me with my wildlife photography hobby in parks and open areas. I have a valid motorcycle license and disability documentation, so that isn't an issue. Being that I truly do have endurance disabilities puts a different spin on things as far as where I can go (located in the US so ADA applies). Still, I am one who has a "need for speed" at times and would like to have considerable hill climbing ability.

Part of the appeal of a scooter rather than a "real bike" (others words, not mine) is the acceptance as a "Power-Driven Mobility Device". Appearances alone make life easier, I don't think a lot of people picture 40MPH on a scooter as a real thing. Slow speed maneuverability and portability are also factors. Fitting the device to the application is key with all things. My needs may be significantly different than yours.

Who else but Dualtron publishes an "as made" max speed? I'm considering a few Chinese clones but their documentation is typically lacking. I may need to have speed limiting need to prove it, IDK for sure but am anticipating having to explain things because it is different. Of course, I know the actual max speed can be significantly more than what is published :wink: . Not sure if the clones using Dualtron controllers have the same capabilities or not. I'm not really wanting a low powered device all the time.

I hope this all makes sense. TIA for any suggestions.

Back